Thread: Don't get a job through a temp agency..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Don't get a job through a temp agency..

I just finished my second job assignment though my local Temp agency..

I didn't even know that today was my last day until I called them on my Lunch Break... They weren't going to tell me until probably Friday if someone that I was working with didn't mention that today MIGHT be my last day.
    WTF is wrong with temp agencies, that make them think (even though they know WELL beforehand) to wait until AFTER it's your last day to let you know!?

I get up 6:45-7 (or was), to get ready and leave for work at 8:40 Mon-Fri... I would have thought it was a regular day on friday until I'd get a call around.. 8:30 when the temp place opens up to tell me.. HOW FUCKING RETARDED AND RUDE IS THAT?!

I'm so pissed off.. That job, was my BEST job ever that I've had in the last 10 years of me working. I am literally crying because I loved it. Now I MIGHT get another temp job in August.. but only for 2-3 months, selling bathroom sinks. UGH!!!

The job was a temp to hire, but I wouldn't have been hired until after they moved into a new building down the road so I'd have my own office (again). I'm just.. :'(

Sorry, I just had to vent since all my 'friends' say they're sorry.. ass holes. And my bf is too busy at his work to answer phone calls or texts.
    I'm so depressed over this. It's stupid. :'(

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    It really is dumb that they'd wait so long to inform you about it. Sorry to hear that

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    It's hard to not be depressed at the moment, given it happened today - you're okay.

You have my sympathies.

I never apply for jobs in temp or placement agencies, it tells a lot about the agency and your employer itself.

1. Agencies don't care about people. It's all about traffic and money. Shuffle applicants and clients, day in, day out. It's their job to make or break you.

2. Employers that resort to using an external agency for employment are lazy employers. Already tells you the employer is not personal or has the effort to get to know its employees, leading to the fact they don't care about you. If you want a good employee, if you want to build a dependable relationship, seek out workers on your own terms.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    20d 9h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I'm sorry this placement didn't work out. Maybe you could try shooting an email to HR at the company you were working at, letting them know you would be very interested in the position, should they ever consider you permanently for it in the future. Couldn't hurt, at least!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm trying to see the brighter side of all of this.. It's the middle of summer, and I still have some money coming in.. I have a season pass to Six Flags, beach is about 30 minutes away, and there is a fair in a few weeks.

But, like @(you need an account to see links) said, Temp agencies don't care about their 'employees'.. And that just sucks.
    I applied with the Dealership right once I got back from Lunch (lol) and I let the lady, Lori, know that I submitted it already.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    20d 9h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I actually had a really great experience with my last temp agency - I was leaving a crap job and I got placed immediately into a cush position I'm still at today.

A good temp agency WANTS you to get a permanent position because that's how they make money.

Maybe try switching temp agencies?