10/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    47d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

Anyone here ever roleplay?

And I don't mean sexually, I mean like, on Neopets, or other websites.

I used to be big into it, and if you go to the RP boards, it's fun to watch. People use petpages for character profiles, etc.

Anyways I was randomly remembering I had this elaborate character named Charlotte, and was using these pictures from google (I searched "scene girl"....it was a phase ok) and I remember someone NM'ing me and saying, "Look up Izzy Hilton."

And I'm like fuck, I used a transgender person for my character's pictures....

To be fair she's gorgeous though, fooled me for a few weeks for sure o.o

Anyways I was having reminiscence time and thought this was funny to share.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    30d 16h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Indeed. I rp (still do) on jcink/proboards/if and there was a point in time where I was using scene queens as my pb. I shudder at the thought now but to be fair, they make for excellent character development.

What genres did you RP in mostly?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    101/0
    Mentioned
    132 times
    Time Online
    34d 7h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I used to RP allll the time. I remember the RP board on Neo would be full on 1 x 1 threads with the hidden message to get to their freewebs sites xD *good times*

Now days I RP on proboards a bit more recently, but primarily on AIM with like 1-2 people that I've RP'd with forever. I attempted to search for some new ones but it hasn't really panned out thus far >>

That's funny about the transgender, but hey if it works for the picture it works!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    47d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by PiSquared View Post
    Indeed. I rp (still do) on jcink/proboards/if and there was a point in time where I was using scene queens as my pb. I shudder at the thought now but to be fair, they make for excellent character development.

What genres did you RP in mostly?
    Sigh I can't think of a character I didn't use scene queens for xD

But I can't quite remember, mostly high school, vampires, special schools, etc.

Like I said it was mostly Neo, and actually Gaia has some neat RP boards too, if I remember correctly. I used to RP in an AOL chatroom when I was really young, but we never had structured characters.

I kinda live on in RP by playing a D&D like game that my friend made up, where I can be this like cat-like species, and we go on adventures, etc.

I miss roleplaying sometimes, but I can't imagine being into it again, it' s a lot of time and effort to make an amazing, not cliche character (aka majorly fucked up, parental problems, super powers) cause when I RP'd that's all there was xD

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xmxsummer View Post
    I used to RP allll the time. I remember the RP board on Neo would be full on 1 x 1 threads with the hidden message to get to their freewebs sites xD *good times*

Now days I RP on proboards a bit more recently, but primarily on AIM with like 1-2 people that I've RP'd with forever. I attempted to search for some new ones but it hasn't really panned out thus far >>

That's funny about the transgender, but hey if it works for the picture it works!
    I used to do that too! My AIM list is full of old rolepplaying buddies xD Everyone on there still calls me Remy cause that was my main character's name all the time lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    30d 16h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Never really rped on neo, but I had a short stint on gaia and the AOL chatrooms. Never really got into anthros either. Still, it was fun for a time.

I think the hardest part of rping is the time I had to dedicate to it. I mean I love writing but having to dish out 1k words per post is a bit tiring. Also, you tend to recycle your characters and even that gets boring in a while.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    101/0
    Mentioned
    132 times
    Time Online
    34d 7h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    @(you need an account to see links)

xD I lost sooo many accounts trying to be sneaky and all. I also went through like 4-5 different AIM Screennames to get away from some creepy RP people lol, thankfully though I discovered the 'only IM you if they're on your buddylist' option!

That's my hardest thing about forums. I'm like 100% at the start and then I taper down so quickly and lose interest even though the site/plot is good.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to xmxsummer For This Useful Post:

Batgirl (07-03-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    47d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by xmxsummer View Post

xD I lost sooo many accounts trying to be sneaky and all. I also went through like 4-5 different AIM Screennames to get away from some creepy RP people lol, thankfully though I discovered the 'only IM you if they're on your buddylist' option!
    I can't remember anyone ever like, directing me offsite lol XD

But I did check my old RP account on neo and it's frozen D:

I guess my character profile was to Risque~

lol I would even name my pets after the characters o.o[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

(you need an account to see links)

Looked up and my old character Elena is just sitting on a shell

fucking whores.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    101/0
    Mentioned
    132 times
    Time Online
    34d 7h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    aw D: that's sad. I hate seeing old pets being neglected. I haven't checked on any in a while though.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I roleplay all the time. Let me tell you a few stories...
    Quote Originally Posted by Batgirl View Post
    And I don't mean sexually
    Oh....

Well then, yeah, but haven't found any groups that are worthy of my legendary paragraphs in a long while.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    30d 16h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    lol @(you need an account to see links) smut rps were amazing imo. though you do end up getting your frequent creepers.