Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    First off, I think it's great that you're willing to really take a pro-active approach to your health and wellness. It's a huge first step that many people never take.

I'm a physical therapist and I'd be happy to help and put together some workout things for you, including quality exercises that can be done in bed. Just let me know and we can go from there!

-Fishy

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    199 times
    Time Online
    129d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    You need to calculate your BMR and daily calorie expenditure; This is the first step in finding out how much you should be eating and where your body sits at the moment. You can easily google a calculator for this.
    Honestly, considering how very little activity you say you get, I would start out with long walks, five times a week. a brisk pace, to build your fitness up. Swimming has already been suggested and I agree is also a great way to get cardio in through low impact.
    I also agree with eating more than 3 times a day. Make sure your breakfast is your biggest meal to get your metabolism going. Have regular healthy snacks, so you don't get hungry and reduce the chance of binging. If you really want to get complicated, you can always work out your daily macro's (macronutrients) you need a day and stick with those but I think that may be more beneficial after you've lost some initial weight.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Regarding earlier comments - I wouldn't say cutting out carbs is the best idea considering the health consequences involved in the long run. Your body still needs carbs to function and might actually start burning lean muscle tissue without them, so definitely stick to eating rice (especially brown rice) in place of pasta/bread instead. The best way to keep weight off and stay fit is to exercise while eating a balanced diet, not a diet that lacks in certain nutrients. Make sure you eat lots of lean protein as well.

If you don't move very much outside of work it's likely your muscles have atrophied to a certain degree, so start off slow. If running is tough, brisk walks will do. Squats and lunges are alright but you'll have to be careful to do them correctly or you can hurt your knees. Swimming is awesome, too, though I personally don't do it often anymore. My skin just can't tolerate the chlorine in pool water. xD;

As an aside you should also never sit for more than two hours continuously in front of the computer. It's really bad for your heart So make sure you get up and walk around once or twice every hour.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/1
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    1d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm not sure what being 180kg is like, but personally I lost 15kg from 58kg in 6 months just by cutting out salt. I hate exercise.

Good luck and all the best!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    9d 8h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    A good way to lose weight and to ease yourself into eating healthy is the HCG diet. HCG is the hormone detected in pregnant women that helps feed the baby the nutrients and calories it needs, without severely depleting the woman's calories or making the woman eat twice her usual daily calories. It basically takes the calories out of the fat stores you already have.

I know it sounds suspicious, but I know a handful of people who have done it, and it's incredible. A friend of mine went from 220 to 180 within a month. The point of the diet is to eat a VLCD (very low calorie diet) while you're taking the HCG, in droplet form. Basically, you put one or two drops under your tongue about half an hour before you eat, and that's it. No working out until you're finished. The recommended time to do it for is a month, but some people do it for longer.

I'm suggesting it because I'm starting it myself in a few days.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    13d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    @(you need an account to see links)

I could be wrong but wouldn't that kind of diet jeopardize your health in the long run?
    I mean losing 40 pounds in a month is insane

Heck i lost 10 pounds in a month a year or so ago and i could feel my body being visibly weaker.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    9d 8h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by monzter View Post

I could be wrong but wouldn't that kind of diet jeopardize your health in the long run?

Heck i lost 10 pounds in a month a year or so ago and i could feel my body being visibly weaker.
    I know what you mean, it sounds crazy But it's meant to be something that will help introduce you to eating healthy and sticking to a proper diet. They only recommend you do the drops and a low calorie diet for a month, then slowly incorporate certain foods back. (Healthy foods, of course!)

I just got my drops in the mail today (!!!) so I will update you on how it goes.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    199 times
    Time Online
    129d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    Quote Originally Posted by monzter View Post

Yeah I struggle to be on board with a diet like this. Wouldn't it ultimately be unsustainable? You're essentially starving your body and when you start eating normally again, the weight shoots back up.
    Not to mention, 40 pounds in a month-how much of that would be fat loss versus water weight?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    9d 8h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Peta View Post
    Yeah I struggle to be on board with a diet like this. Wouldn't it ultimately be unsustainable? You're essentially starving your body and when you start eating normally again, the weight shoots back up.
    Not to mention, 40 pounds in a month-how much of that would be fat loss versus water weight?
    It would only be unsustainable if you returned to your previous eating habits. It's help to kickstart you into eating properly, especially if you are severely overweight and need to lose a lot of weight. It is fat loss, because the HCG is taking nutrients out of your body's fat stores.

I can't explain it as well as the website can.
    (you need an account to see links)

But it was featured on Dr. Oz, The Today Show, and a few other reputable sources as being a legitimate diet and not a passing fad.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Also, I could be wrong about 40 pounds in a month - all I know is that she lost that much and she could have been doing it over a two month period, although it's not recommended to do it for longer than forty days.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    199 times
    Time Online
    129d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    It would only be unsustainable if you returned to your previous eating habits. It's help to kickstart you into eating properly, especially if you are severely overweight and need to lose a lot of weight. It is fat loss, because the HCG is taking nutrients out of your body's fat stores.

I can't explain it as well as the website can.
    (you need an account to see links)

But it was featured on Dr. Oz, The Today Show, and a few other reputable sources as being a legitimate diet and not a passing fad.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Also, I could be wrong about 40 pounds in a month - all I know is that she lost that much and she could have been doing it over a two month period, although it's not recommended to do it for longer than forty days.
    thanks for the link, was an interesting read.