86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoSunset View Post
    What about swimming? It's low impact on your joints but a great workout for all your body. Also good from a body image point of view which is always a plus.
    This is what they advised after all. The gym I have a fucking membership with of course doesn't have a pool. I really can't afford to go fucking around with more money expenditures, but I'm going to have to look into it. I loved swimming as a kid. We had our own pool back in the day before we moved. I miss it.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    OK at least start swimming then.

Try jogging though. If you can jog and not feel pain then fucking do it.
    I'll give it a shot. I think I have a pretty high pain tolerance anyway. I just don't want to pull something. I literally cannot deal with anymore long-term every day pain than the dull ache shit I have now from my stomach/intestines.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    You might have an intolerance to certain things, I would definitely try going gluten free for a few days and see how you feel. I've known numerous people that have went gluten free and started feeling better. Research clean eating too - there are some undiagnosed conditions that the body is intolerant to certain preservatives found in almost all food. It's difficult and kinda expensive, but gluten free/clean eating can make a huge difference in how you feel. Maybe even take an allergy/intollerance test to see what food items your body doesn't react well to.

From there, make sure you drink lots of water and try to get active - try walking for extended amounts of time every day, find a good podcast or music to listen to. From there you can move up to trying to run some.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to munsterpoo For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by munsterpoo View Post
    You might have an intolerance to certain things, I would definitely try going gluten free for a few days and see how you feel. I've known numerous people that have went gluten free and started feeling better. Research clean eating too - there are some undiagnosed conditions that the body is intolerant to certain preservatives found in almost all food. It's difficult and kinda expensive, but gluten free/clean eating can make a huge difference in how you feel. Maybe even take an allergy/intollerance test to see what food items your body doesn't react well to.

From there, make sure you drink lots of water and try to get active - try walking for extended amounts of time every day, find a good podcast or music to listen to. From there you can move up to trying to run some.
    Everything healthy is so expensive. I went to the store after my doctor's appointment and before work just because I had some free time to kill and the grocery store is across the street from work just to get an idea because the stuff on this diet list is not the normal shit I buy. I'm seriously trying to figure out how I'm going to be able to afford these things. Even just fruit is way more than what I would like to be spending on food. Idk, maybe it'll come out of my cigarette money, or maybe I'll just get a second job. I'm willing to do just about anything to make this happen at this point. I live by myself and I don't make that much money, pretty much every dollar is spent on my bills right now. But we'll see!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I say just plan to go gluten free/clean for 2-3 days and go from there. It wouldn't be that expensive to plan a couple of meals. Do some research on it, I've heard from several people that this solved all of their health issues, but in your case physical activity would probably help kickstart things as well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to munsterpoo For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-03-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    6'2" and 180 lbs here.
    honestly i just got a high metabolism but if i didnt work out i'd be like 140 lbs.
    What I think you should do is try a carb diet as well as walking every other day. start off with like a half a mile and work your way up. if you just jump on it you wont see the results your looking for and will strain your body. once you've shed some off and would like to start toning up i'd hit the gym brotha.
    Best of luck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-03-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    13d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Subscribe to a diet plan and stick with it.
    Remember; any diet that's too fast isn't good. It should be gradual.

Id recommend starting with baby steps.
    Like cutting out sodas/ chips/ fast food in place of healthier, whole grained alternatives.

You should also start getting to know the calories within foods. With time, you'll get the hang of it.
    Start paying close attention to nutrient labels etc.

Contrary to what many think, it isn't necessarily the fats in food that causes weight gain. Over-ingestion of sugars is the number one killer in most cases.
    Dont get me wrong though. Im not in any way saying over consuming fats is good for you either. Everything in moderation

You might also want to start reading up a little on 'macro' and 'micro' nutrients.
    Hopefully, once you start shedding the pounds, you'd be more mobile than you presently are. You can then start gradually increasing your activity level slowly

Take it from me.
    The beginning is always the toughest part.
    After a few months, though, you get used to it.

Eating healthily is a lifestyle.
    The key here is consistency and determination.

Hit me up if you need any more tips/ advice. By the way, i'd suggest doing your own research too. What's posted above is a list of things i've taken note of; that's born me fantastic results!

Changes don't happen in a fortnight

10. The Following User Says Thank You to monzter For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-03-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I lost over 40lbs (which compared to larger amounts isn't a lot- but it was a hard struggle for me) and I did it by
    - regulating my calorie intake
    - eating stuff only if I could directly tell what the label said it was
    - eating when I was hungry/not eating when I wasn't
    - drinking water constantly
    - and most importantly, moving my ass.

Everyone has different issues, however, and if you have medical reasons, you need to take your doctors advice. See if he/she can hook you up with a good -helpful- nutritionist. Start moving, even if it's only a little but a day. Walk a bit around your house. Park farther back in Parking lots. Find excuses to get up and get going. Most importantly, know that losing weight is going to fucking suck sometimes. It's going to be hard, you'll be irritable, hungry, tired, but eventually you'll start feeling better.
    Being that you have other issues, Your doctor will probably be the most help though

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Owl For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-03-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    i mean you'll be surprised as to how much you will lose.
    heavier set people lose more weight then skinnier people doing the same routines and such.

I'm serious about the carb diet, theres all sorts of replacement to take place of pasta and bread.
    my dad did this when he weighted 280, now hes right at 200 and runs in 5k's
    he replaced bread with egg. just whatever you were gonna eat over or in the bread just put on top of egg. same filling difference
    and pasta he had some kind of vegitable that he baked and shredded and is actually really good, same texture as pasta just a little different taste

14. The Following User Says Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-03-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    A really great way to get your stamina up is by doing wallsits or by squatting. You don't need to move up and down at first, just squat when you're waiting for things, squat in front of the TV, etc. Don't let yourself take breaks, you can stop when you're dead. Keep going, don't slow down, and remember that this is not about vanity, it's about your life.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Oh, and, to keep the cost of veggies/fruits down go to a flea market or local farmer. If at all possible.