86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m

Getting Real

Alright. Putting aside my personal pride here to seek advice from you skinny fucks. Went to the doctor again today. Been having long-term GERD/Reflux issues. I have an ulcer in my stomach. My stomach is apparently useless so they recommended a Gastroparesis diet. For those of you that don't know what that means, it basically means your stomach is retarded and you eat and it just sits there like derrrrpp.

(you need an account to see links)

Anyway, the main point of view from my GI doc is lose weight fatty. (He didn't really say this, I'm just pessemistic and blunt.)

I'm willing to try. Haven't really been willing, but the daily pain has gotten to the point where I can't function properly between being backed up in shit, and the pain from heartburn and my ulcer. I can't take fiber supplements or anything like that. Fiber is actually bad for the Gastroparesis part. So it's a catch 22. Anyways, enough bitching.

Anyway, I need some ideas for some BASIC workout shits. I checked in at 376 lbs. today, the most I've ever weighed and approaching my dad's weight of 415 lbs which makes me want to become bulemic ASAP. The thought sickens and disgusts me. You'll need to understand I'm someone who literally lays in bed most of the day when I'm not working, and really lacks the energy or physical motivation to get off my ass and do anything. Quite frankly, the only reason I'm interested in doing anything about this is the pain that the doctors don't really think is necessary to worry about because I'm more or less a beached whale.

Just trying to think if there's anything else to say... I have weak ankles. Not horrible, but when I was doing a job that required me to be on my feet all day, I would wear an ankle brace otherwise my right one would tend to lock in place and I couldn't bend it at the end of the day without extreme pain.

Alright! Go!

-----

Tl;dr I'm fat, halp me lose weight.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    90% of weight loss is done in the kitchen. Here's a few suggestions:

-Look up your daily calorie intake (web calculators)
    -From now on, you drink only water
    -Eat only three times a day, nothing in between

If you want to be progressive about losing weight, the good thing is that the fatter you are, the easier it is. You'll find the pounds slipping off easily if you maintain a healthy diet.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tchaikovsky For This Useful Post:

Owl (07-03-2013),P h o e n i x (09-01-2013),wrath (07-03-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    467 times
    Time Online
    29d 9h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I've been doing a daily intense-cardio workout for just 30-45 minutes a day for about a week and a half now, and I've lost 5lbs already.

If you want the link to the video, I can send it

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Toasted For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaikovsky View Post
    90% of weight loss is done in the kitchen. Here's a few suggestions:

-Look up your daily calorie intake (web calculators)
    -From now on, you drink only water
    -Eat only three times a day, nothing in between

If you want to be progressive about losing weight, the good thing is that the fatter you are, the easier it is. You'll find the pounds slipping off easily if you maintain a healthy diet.
    They told me at the doctor I need to switch to six meals a day, but small meals to keep the metabolism going. Is this not a good idea? Tbh, I skip meals now. I don't eat much, and I think they were annoyed with that. When I eat, it's generally something like a ham sandwhich, some potato chips (not a ridiculous amount) and a few of those duplex cookies (around six). I don't like to eat because it makes me feel awful (stomach issues). If anything my calorie intake is mid-low for how much I would think it would be to maintain this gorgeous weight.

Though I do drink diet coke/pepsi a lot. I'll try and switch to just water, but it's gonna take some time. My pop and my cigarettes are like most people's alcohol and drugs. v_v

Quote Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
    I've been doing a daily intense-cardio workout for just 30-45 minutes a day for about a week and a half now, and I've lost 5lbs already.

If you want the link to the video, I can send it
    Aside from Sweatin' to the oldies, I've never seen a video that I can keep up with. This is the problem. Weight loss videos tend to be made for skinny idiots that want to work out like a jack rabbit. I don't think people comprehend what it takes to lift this much weight from the ground after a push-up. But sure, I'll look at it and probably modify it to fit my needs.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    They told me at the doctor I need to switch to six meals a day, but small meals to keep the metabolism going. Is this not a good idea? Tbh, I skip meals now. I don't eat much, and I think they were annoyed with that. When I eat, it's generally something like a ham sandwhich, some potato chips (not a ridiculous amount) and a few of those duplex cookies (around six). I don't like to eat because it makes me feel awful (stomach issues). If anything my calorie intake is mid-low for how much I would think it would be to maintain this gorgeous weight.

Though I do drink diet coke/pepsi a lot. I'll try and switch to just water, but it's gonna take some time. My pop and my cigarettes are like most people's alcohol and drugs. v_v

Yes, the 6 a day is a good idea. Only issue that comes of that is the inability to correctly portion out servings, which defaults the meals to worsening the problem. If you'd like to really turn your diet up side down, start eating nothing with wheat in it. And no, the "gluten-free" stuff isn't "not wheat." A good amount of unhealthy things in peoples' diet is from the wheat; bread, pastries, pastas, sauces, etc. and getting rid of it forces you to either eat meat or greens.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tchaikovsky For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaikovsky View Post
    Yes, the 6 a day is a good idea. Only issue that comes of that is the inability to correctly portion out servings, which defaults the meals to worsening the problem. If you'd like to really turn your diet up side down, start eating nothing with wheat in it. And no, the "gluten-free" stuff isn't "not wheat." A good amount of unhealthy things in peoples' diet is from the wheat; bread, pastries, pastas, sauces, etc. and getting rid of it forces you to either eat meat or greens.
    It's just weird because growing up they always told you WHEAT IS BETTER THAN WHITE, and I've ignored anything to do with health/fitness for years and now I come back and it's like NO BREAD DIPSHIT x_x

So yeah, but that's what the handout they gave me about the paresis said too. They suggested rice as my primary source of grains. It's going to be an adjustment, but I don't mind really. I shouldn't have a problem with portions as long as I can take the time to plan out these mini-meals on Sunday night for the entire week.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    563d 23h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Run.

Don't just look at the word and think to yourself you will do it someday soon and never do it. Get up now and run.

It will help you very much and I have my own belief that running is the key to losing weight. There is a chance running will help kick-start whatever it is that is stopping your stomach from working normally, too.

But yeah, you will obviously not be able to run a mile your first time. It's all about repetition and working hard, taking steps to your goal.
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

11. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    Run.

Don't just look at the word and think to yourself you will do it someday soon and never do it. Get up now and run.

It will help you very much and I have my own belief that running is the key to losing weight. There is a chance running will help kick-start whatever it is that is stopping your stomach from working normally, too.

But yeah, you will obviously not be able to run a mile your first time. It's all about repetition and working hard, taking steps to your goal.
    Yeah they told me to not do that. At all. Because I'm too fat. x_x They say it will put too much stress on the bones. I don't know how much of this shit to believe from them, but seriously, they were like oh you shouldn't really even walk very far to start out with, it'll be too much on your feet/ankles. You should just do like water aerobics...

IDFK WTH TO BELIEVE D:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    What about swimming? It's low impact on your joints but a great workout for all your body. Also good from a body image point of view which is always a plus.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoSunset For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-03-2013)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    563d 23h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    OK at least start swimming then.

Try jogging though. If you can jog and not feel pain then fucking do it.
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

16. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-03-2013)