View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It is simply a personal choice.

29 74.36%
  • It is a moral choice.

10 25.64%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Veganism: Personal or moral choice?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    2d 17h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I think that since cows, chickens, dogs, cats, etc. are all basically bred to be unnatural animals that must depend on us unnatural humans in order to even live, it is within our moral power to do with our own creations as we see fit, as long as we don't make them suffer. Quick deaths, please. Delicious food.

I'm really against killing "exotic" animals just for us to eat though. Snakes, Sharks, Swordfish, that sort of thing. We have made ourselves completely unnatural and we don't abide by a natural food chain, so we have no decent reason to pull natural animals out of their natural food chains just to be quirky or unique because that's the shit that makes animals go extinct. But that's just a moral stance on it. In general, vegetarianism/veganism seems more like a personal attempt to feel somehow holier than everyone else. All us damn meat-eaters, my body isn't a graveyard, etc. etc.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pastel View Post
    Humans are herbivores and animal products are literally killing us, but it's still a personal choice. Not all people have that choice though, processed foods and meat are really cheap and vegetables can be very expensive if that's all you're eating. Ideally we would have a campaign like the anti-smoking one where everyone knows how dangerous animal products are, they are not advertised, and there is only a relatively small group of people that still eat them.

Also people tend to get mad when I say that humans are herbivores, so here's a scientist explaining all that stuff: (you need an account to see links) (Highly suggest you watch it, it's really interesting.)
    If you're too lazy to watch it's basically like this: Cats are carnivores but they can still eat grain and stuff, though biologically they need meat to survive and are made for eating meat. Humans aren't, we kind of just adapted into eating meat but it's actually really really bad for us. Meat causes cancer at an alarming rate, also obesity, high blood pressure, heart problems, lots of stuff you don't want to have. (Plus those animals are horribly tortured.)

BTW I don't judge people who eat meat, there are so many factors that make it hard to stop. I myself am vegetarian because I don't make enough money to go full vegan healthily.
    Do you have any legitimate sources that show that meat causes cancer at all, because this is the only thing I could find, and it clearly states that that's just vegan balogna (pun intended). I know this isn't like a sophisticated peer-reviewed scientist article but it's more than what you've offered me in terms of proof.

(you need an account to see links)

Also, the only correlation with meat-eating and obesity is how much fast food there is in an area. Seriously, it's not meat's fault our society is failing to care about their health and just eating everything that isn't green in sight. There's plenty of healthy people that regularly eat meat, just hop over to 4chan's /fit/ board and you'll see loads of them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vattumannen For This Useful Post:

Maki (04-15-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    205 times
    Time Online
    10d 9h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    TAG THIS ->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> @(you need an account to see links)

NOT ME.

@(you need an account to see links) TY TY

~credit to katzes
    MY FUCKING RANDOMS YO

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I like meat. And i also like vegatables. Ok, I eat more meat but what I don�t like are these "hardliners" which try to tell what I have to like or to do. Why? to eat meat or not is my very own thing. I don�t judge someone because they live in a way that i cant imagine for myself. But the same respect i give them, i also want back! I don�t go on the streets and tell everyone to eat that or what ever. I�m standing on no side but i whish that the animals be animals and no longer products!
    My first language is GERMAN, so don�t shhot me!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cmistress9 For This Useful Post:

Vattumannen (04-16-2014)