18/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    6d 15h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Proxy Help?

I'm trying to get a proxy/Ip address from a certain state and I've just been testing them from hide my ass but I'm having some trouble with it :/

I use foxy proxy.

This is for an account with a bought pet...

If someone could help me find a way to get proxies from a certain state, that'd be awesome? Thank you.... PM?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    (you need an account to see links)

Generally has them with the city name. I'm at work otherwise I'd locate one for you.

I've found another decent way is to google search: texas proxy

Where texas is the state you want a proxy for. Seems to work with most states. Anyways GL!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Anni (07-02-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    6d 15h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Ohhhh thank you!
    I will definitely try this! I just did the thing where you make another profile on FF to play with multiple accounts on one browser. Yayyy

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Argh my proxies work for a little bit then start refusing connections :/
    and proxy checker says one is in a city of my preferred state, but (you need an account to see links) and (you need an account to see links) say it is in PA -.-

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by rawrz View Post
    Ohhhh thank you!
    I will definitely try this! I just did the thing where you make another profile on FF to play with multiple accounts on one browser. Yayyy

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Argh my proxies work for a little bit then start refusing connections :/
    and proxy checker says one is in a city of my preferred state, but (you need an account to see links) and (you need an account to see links) say it is in PA -.-
    Happens often as far as the refusing connections. That is the issue with public proxies. Either the person that set up the proxy has changed the security settings and that locks you and the general public out, or there is someone or someone(s) using the proxy extremely heavily which bogs down the server and refuses anymore connections. Think of it as a bottle-neck. Basically it's a process of trial and error until you get one that works. If you're having a lot of issues, I might recommend dropping the security level from Elite to Anonymous as those seem to allow for more consistent traffic, but if Elite is necessary, then it may take time to find a proxy sufficient for your purposes.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    6d 15h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Ahhh darn. Well I think Elite is necessary cuz I don't want neo to freeze me D:

But that does make sense. I'll just keep looking I suppose. If I can find one and use it to log in and then I don't need it anymore and can just clear cookies to log out.
    Thank you again for your help!

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Okay so say I have a friend who lives in this state. Can I ask him to check his IP and give me it as well as his port number? 0.0
    Like Idk if that would work or not but gosh I'm about to give up lol

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by rawrz View Post
    Ahhh darn. Well I think Elite is necessary cuz I don't want neo to freeze me D:

But that does make sense. I'll just keep looking I suppose. If I can find one and use it to log in and then I don't need it anymore and can just clear cookies to log out.
    Thank you again for your help!

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Okay so say I have a friend who lives in this state. Can I ask him to check his IP and give me it as well as his port number? 0.0
    Like Idk if that would work or not but gosh I'm about to give up lol
    No. There is no specific format to IP addresses like area or zip codes based on state. For example, someone with 167.34.152.36 could be in Kansas City, MO and in the same city, someone might have the IP address 68.234.14.675. There is no format. Also, the port number is specific to the proxy server itself and allows traffic to the server based on sending traffic through that port. When you connect straight from your ISP one does not need to worry about a port, so your friend would have no idea what you're talking about.

If this is a proxy you intend to use for a long time, then I suggest looking for a paid proxy service or one could go the route of VPN. With a VPN, your IP will change, but it will be close to the same and it will always point to the same city/state if you select the same server everytime. There are plenty of feasible explanations for this. I login to Neopets from several different IP addresses and cities/states daily. My phone through Sprint places my IP in northern Missouri. My home computer puts me in Iowa where I actually am. And my work computer has their traffic based through Chicago. I have been flagged by paypal a few times for this reason alone, but never Neopets.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Anni (07-04-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    6d 15h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    No. There is no specific format to IP addresses like area or zip codes based on state. For example, someone with 167.34.152.36 could be in Kansas City, MO and in the same city, someone might have the IP address 68.234.14.675. There is no format. Also, the port number is specific to the proxy server itself and allows traffic to the server based on sending traffic through that port. When you connect straight from your ISP one does not need to worry about a port, so your friend would have no idea what you're talking about.

If this is a proxy you intend to use for a long time, then I suggest looking for a paid proxy service or one could go the route of VPN. With a VPN, your IP will change, but it will be close to the same and it will always point to the same city/state if you select the same server everytime. There are plenty of feasible explanations for this. I login to Neopets from several different IP addresses and cities/states daily. My phone through Sprint places my IP in northern Missouri. My home computer puts me in Iowa where I actually am. And my work computer has their traffic based through Chicago. I have been flagged by paypal a few times for this reason alone, but never Neopets.
    Here I thought I was starting to understand VPNs and IPs, and you lost me
    So you are saying just use proxies in the US and don't freak out about if it's in the same state?
    And I suppose if someone was to say, not have home internet, and had to use public computers like at libraries and stuff, then it would make sense for them to be "all over the map"...

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    No, it's still best practice to use same state proxies when available, but it is not completely uncommon to have your traffic routed through other networks at work or in public places or on cell phones.

Iowa is to the left of Illinois
    Missouri is below Iowa

So it's still close and not 'all over the map'

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Anni (07-10-2013)