Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I'm the dumbest person on the planet.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m

I think I'm the dumbest person on the planet.

So I was driving back home and I put my cellphone on the top of my cup holder (It was closed so there was that black thing covering it), and don't ask me why I needed to open it and (don't ask me how) my cellphone fell right between that cover and the side of the cup holder and now, it's stuck there. What the fuck did I do.

Since I'm not clear enough, I'll post a picture so you guys can tell me how the fuck I did that. My cellphone fell right there:

Any idea how to get it out? lol
    Last edited by Cath; 06-30-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    467 times
    Time Online
    29d 9h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    D: Try a coat hanger?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Toasted For This Useful Post:

Cath (06-30-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
    D: Try a coat hanger?
    Just tried it and it didn't work, ew.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    6d 12h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Have you tried closing it halfway and seeing if you could reach it or push it up with a pencil then?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Quote Originally Posted by lulo3cream View Post
    Have you tried closing it halfway and seeing if you could reach it or push it up with a pencil then?
    Yea! D: But it just get completely stuck when I try to close it and it won't move anymore. ;o;

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    6d 12h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    The only other thing I can think of is edging it down then, if that doesn't work take it to a car show and they can probably take the top off and then put it back on again, best of luck!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    20d 9h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    How small is your phone?!

I would remove the piece that it's caught on. If you can't find anything for that online, I would (seriously) try hitting the side your phone is stuck on with the palm of your hand. Maybe that will help dislodge it a bit so you can get it out otherwise.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Quote Originally Posted by osiyo View Post
    How small is your phone?!

I would remove the piece that it's caught on. If you can't find anything for that online, I would (seriously) try hitting the side your phone is stuck on with the palm of your hand. Maybe that will help dislodge it a bit so you can get it out otherwise.
    Well the thing is my phone won't move at all, and the piece can't be removed since it's attached to the rest of my car.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    6h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Wow. That is incredibly unlucky. Physics doesn't like you. Best bet is to dismantle the cover. Sometimes you get lucky and they snap in/out. Otherwise, try looping a piece of string around it then tie the appropriate knot. That will allow you to pull on the phone while the cover is closed. It'll take quite some time probably to get the angles just as right as they were wrong in the first place

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Just saw dismantling isn't an option. Though looking through your cars user manual might give you a better idea of what you can do....or just break it if your car isn't great. Chances are it'll be cheaper than any car service. Though maybe you could convince autozone to do it free

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldboy For This Useful Post:

Cath (06-30-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldboy View Post
    Wow. That is incredibly unlucky. Physics doesn't like you. Best bet is to dismantle the cover. Sometimes you get lucky and they snap in/out. Otherwise, try looping a piece of string around it then tie the appropriate knot. That will allow you to pull on the phone while the cover is closed. It'll take quite some time probably to get the angles just as right as they were wrong in the first place

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Just saw dismantling isn't an option. Though looking through your cars user manual might give you a better idea of what you can do....or just break it if your car isn't great. Chances are it'll be cheaper than any car service. Though maybe you could convince autozone to do it free
    I can't close the cover, the phone fell when the cover was open just like in the picture. D:
    + My car is brand new, so I don't think I'll break it, I may just go to the garage tomorrow to get it out.