Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: I think I'm the dumbest person on the planet.

  1. #1



    Cath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Temple of Time
    Posts
    2,431
    Thanks
    3,349
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,389 Posts


    Downloads
    25
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1159 Post(s)
    Time Online
    156 d 16 h 39 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 9 m
    Rep Power
    13
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cathes Steam ID: 4thes

    I think I'm the dumbest person on the planet.

    So I was driving back home and I put my cellphone on the top of my cup holder (It was closed so there was that black thing covering it), and don't ask me why I needed to open it and (don't ask me how) my cellphone fell right between that cover and the side of the cup holder and now, it's stuck there. What the fuck did I do.


    Since I'm not clear enough, I'll post a picture so you guys can tell me how the fuck I did that. My cellphone fell right there:




    Any idea how to get it out? lol
    Last edited by Cath; 06-30-2013 at 07:55 PM.

  2. #2
    Toasted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Location
    --
    Posts
    1,210
    Thanks
    1,630
    Thanked 780 Times in 516 Posts


    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    467 Post(s)
    Time Online
    29 d 9 h 6 m
    Avg. Time Online
    23 m
    Rep Power
    0
    D: Try a coat hanger?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Toasted For This Useful Post:

    Cath (06-30-2013)

  4. #3



    Cath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Temple of Time
    Posts
    2,431
    Thanks
    3,349
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,389 Posts


    Downloads
    25
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1159 Post(s)
    Time Online
    156 d 16 h 39 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 9 m
    Rep Power
    13
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cathes Steam ID: 4thes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
    D: Try a coat hanger?
    Just tried it and it didn't work, ew.

  5. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 14 Times in 8 Posts


    Downloads
    31
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Time Online
    6 d 12 h 28 m
    Avg. Time Online
    5 m
    Rep Power
    5
    Have you tried closing it halfway and seeing if you could reach it or push it up with a pencil then?

  6. #5



    Cath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Temple of Time
    Posts
    2,431
    Thanks
    3,349
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,389 Posts


    Downloads
    25
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1159 Post(s)
    Time Online
    156 d 16 h 39 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 9 m
    Rep Power
    13
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cathes Steam ID: 4thes
    Quote Originally Posted by lulo3cream View Post
    Have you tried closing it halfway and seeing if you could reach it or push it up with a pencil then?
    Yea! D: But it just get completely stuck when I try to close it and it won't move anymore. ;o;

  7. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 14 Times in 8 Posts


    Downloads
    31
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Time Online
    6 d 12 h 28 m
    Avg. Time Online
    5 m
    Rep Power
    5
    The only other thing I can think of is edging it down then, if that doesn't work take it to a car show and they can probably take the top off and then put it back on again, best of luck!

  8. #7
    osiyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    157
    Thanked 282 Times in 156 Posts


    Downloads
    75
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Time Online
    20 d 9 h 44 m
    Avg. Time Online
    17 m
    Rep Power
    5
    How small is your phone?!

    I would remove the piece that it's caught on. If you can't find anything for that online, I would (seriously) try hitting the side your phone is stuck on with the palm of your hand. Maybe that will help dislodge it a bit so you can get it out otherwise.

  9. #8



    Cath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Temple of Time
    Posts
    2,431
    Thanks
    3,349
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,389 Posts


    Downloads
    25
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1159 Post(s)
    Time Online
    156 d 16 h 39 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 9 m
    Rep Power
    13
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cathes Steam ID: 4thes
    Quote Originally Posted by osiyo View Post
    How small is your phone?!

    I would remove the piece that it's caught on. If you can't find anything for that online, I would (seriously) try hitting the side your phone is stuck on with the palm of your hand. Maybe that will help dislodge it a bit so you can get it out otherwise.
    Well the thing is my phone won't move at all, and the piece can't be removed since it's attached to the rest of my car.

  10. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Time Online
    6 h 29 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Rep Power
    5
    Wow. That is incredibly unlucky. Physics doesn't like you. Best bet is to dismantle the cover. Sometimes you get lucky and they snap in/out. Otherwise, try looping a piece of string around it then tie the appropriate knot. That will allow you to pull on the phone while the cover is closed. It'll take quite some time probably to get the angles just as right as they were wrong in the first place

    ---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

    Just saw dismantling isn't an option. Though looking through your cars user manual might give you a better idea of what you can do....or just break it if your car isn't great. Chances are it'll be cheaper than any car service. Though maybe you could convince autozone to do it free

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldboy For This Useful Post:

    Cath (06-30-2013)

  12. #10



    Cath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Temple of Time
    Posts
    2,431
    Thanks
    3,349
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,389 Posts


    Downloads
    25
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1159 Post(s)
    Time Online
    156 d 16 h 39 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 9 m
    Rep Power
    13
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cathes Steam ID: 4thes
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldboy View Post
    Wow. That is incredibly unlucky. Physics doesn't like you. Best bet is to dismantle the cover. Sometimes you get lucky and they snap in/out. Otherwise, try looping a piece of string around it then tie the appropriate knot. That will allow you to pull on the phone while the cover is closed. It'll take quite some time probably to get the angles just as right as they were wrong in the first place

    ---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

    Just saw dismantling isn't an option. Though looking through your cars user manual might give you a better idea of what you can do....or just break it if your car isn't great. Chances are it'll be cheaper than any car service. Though maybe you could convince autozone to do it free
    I can't close the cover, the phone fell when the cover was open just like in the picture. D:
    + My car is brand new, so I don't think I'll break it, I may just go to the garage tomorrow to get it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •