Thanks
    Mentioned
    111 times
    Time Online
    22d 9h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

Giving Rep Questions?

Hi, so I am still new, but I try to always read older post/guides before I ask questions, however I haven't actually been able to find too much about this topic. There seems to be a lot of guides and posts about getting rep, but not a lot about giving rep.

I know you are supposed to give rep, when somebody helps you with something, however I was just wondering if there are specific rules or etiquette about giving rep? Like for example, if I find something, that I think is very useful (I am not talking about guides, I know you are allowed to give rep for those), but it wasn't necessarily for me, or I didn't necessarily use it, can I still give rep? I mean, if I think something is very useful and helpful, can I give rep to like, let's say, "reward good/helpful behaviour" ?

Is there a daily limit on how many times you can rep or how many times you can rep the same person (after you've spread it around)?
    If someone writes a thread wanting to help people with this or that, can I rep even if I didn't use it?
    Also I've seen people post in the graphics section, that they are buying and repping, is that allowed?
    Can you rep an old guide if you think it was very good or helpful?
    Or if somebody really helped me with something, but my rep power is low. Is it then okay to go back and rep them later? (I know you can't rep the same person two times in a row)

Don't worry, I haven't been spam repping nor do I intend to do that, I would just like to know the rules or etiquettes about this, so I wont break any of them in the furture

It's mostly because, I've been a little scared to rep (I have done it a few times), because I don't know the rules regarding it. So I would just like this be clear
    http://clraik.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9441&dateline=1372467  318
    Credit to Mint for this amazing siggy!

<3 grrrawr, Duck4Cover, Jolz and kaysevicious

Guides:
    (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
    but it wasn't necessarily for me, or I didn't necessarily use it, can I still give rep? I mean, if I think something is very useful and helpful, can I give rep to like, let's say, "reward good/helpful behaviour" ?
    Yes you may

Is there a daily limit on how many times you can rep or how many times you can rep the same person (after you've spread it around)?
    Yes there is but im not sure how many times that is
    It maybe a limit on the number of times you can rep or total number of rep points you can dish out, but there is a limit per day

If someone writes a thread wanting to help people with this or that, can I rep even if I didn't use it?
    Yes you may

Also I've seen people post in the graphics section, that they are buying and repping, is that allowed?
    This shouldnt be allowed, no
    You cant rep someone over a trade
    You buy what you pay for, repping is then unneseccary

Nor can you exchange money for rep, cK is very strict on this
    Giving rep for giveaways is also unappreciated and will be removed where there is a large influx of rep directly due to giveaways

Can you rep an old guide if you think it was very good or helpful?
    Yup, definitely

Or if somebody really helped me with something, but my rep power is low. Is it then okay to go back and rep them later? (I know you can't rep the same person two times in a row)
    This is kind of a grey area I think but you shouldn't have to do that.
    You rep what you can where its necessary
    Repping someone is all subjective too
    E.g I have been repped 7 points by someone for a guide while another person with 6 rep power gave me +1
    It varies from person to person

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

midway (06-30-2013),Whispers (06-30-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    109 times
    Time Online
    103d 17h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
    Hi, so I am still new, but I try to always read older post/guides before I ask questions, however I haven't actually been able to find too much about this topic. There seems to be a lot of guides and posts about getting rep, but not a lot about giving rep.

I know you are supposed to give rep, when somebody helps you with something, however I was just wondering if there are specific rules or etiquette about giving rep? Like for example, if I find something, that I think is very useful (I am not talking about guides, I know you are allowed to give rep for those), but it wasn't necessarily for me, or I didn't necessarily use it, can I still give rep? I mean, if I think something is very useful and helpful, can I give rep to like, let's say, "reward good/helpful behaviour" ? I think so. c:

Is there a daily limit on how many times you can rep or how many times you can rep the same person (after you've spread it around)? There is, but I'm not sure how many times you can give rep on a day. :c

If someone writes a thread wanting to help people with this or that, can I rep even if I didn't use it? I think so. c:
    Also I've seen people post in the graphics section, that they are buying and repping, is that allowed? I'm not sure o3o
    Can you rep an old guide if you think it was very good or helpful? Yup
    Or if somebody really helped me with something, but my rep power is low. Is it then okay to go back and rep them later? (I know you can't rep the same person two times in a row) Yes, but it is all up to you; I'm sure they'd appreciate no matter how many rep you give them. ^_^P.S. You can only give one rep for giveaways.

Don't worry, I haven't been spam repping nor do I intend to do that, I would just like to know the rules or etiquettes about this, so I wont break any of them in the furture

It's mostly because, I've been a little scared to rep (I have done it a few times), because I don't know the rules regarding it. So I would just like this be clear
    it's all in italics underline o3o

You beat me to it, @(you need an account to see links) Yours is much more organized though
    Last edited by Dream; 06-30-2013 at 08:29 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dream For This Useful Post:

Whispers (06-30-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    it's all in italics o3o
    Post quotes are all italicized too xD

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    109 times
    Time Online
    103d 17h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    well that's awkward

/changes it to underline

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    noob question: how do i rep?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Quote Originally Posted by kaikaikaisauce View Post
    noob question: how do i rep?
    You click on the little star at the right of the Thanks button at the bottom of somebody's post.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cath For This Useful Post:

Magikarp (06-30-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    111 times
    Time Online
    22d 9h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzy View Post
    Yes there is but im not sure how many times that is
    It maybe a limit on the number of times you can rep or total number of rep points you can dish out, but there is a limit per day
    Is there any way to find out?
    I would really like to know how much rep you can give it per day? If there is a limit on how much full rep you can give? If there is a limit on how much you can give to a specific person per day?

This shouldnt be allowed, no
    You cant rep someone over a trade
    You buy what you pay for, repping is then unneseccary

Nor can you exchange money for rep, cK is very strict on this
    Giving rep for giveaways is also unappreciated and will be removed where there is a large influx of rep directly due to giveaways
    I was actually confused about this, because I know you can give rep in the GFX section, if somebody is making you something for free.
    So I thought that buying and repping might be allowed as well, then I got confused, because I know you're supposed to use iTrader if you buy something.
    I thought that the GFX section, might have different rules, but I see that, that's not the case.
    (don't worry though it wasn't for me, I WISH, I knew how to make art! )

Also I do know that you are not allowed to buy rep and I know you aren't suppose to rep for giveaways and if you give more than 1 rep in givaways, it will just be taken away. However from everything I have seen and read, you are allowed to request art in the GFX section for rep.

This is kind of a grey area I think but you shouldn't have to do that.
    You rep what you can where its necessary
    Repping someone is all subjective too
    E.g I have been repped 7 points by someone for a guide while another person with 6 rep power gave me +1
    It varies from person to person
    Okay, well I have just seen people talking about it, how they rep the same person for the same thing several times, because they only have 1 or 2 rep power.
    If there are any rules about this, I would really like to know them!

Thanks @(you need an account to see links) & @(you need an account to see links) for answering and if anybody else has something to add, then please do!
    I want to make a guide about repping, since I think it's very needed, so if anyone knows more rules or has anything else to add, please post it
    (Also I have already read most, if not all of the guides about rep and the one that was about when you should rep and when you should give thanks, so please don't just link to those)
    Last edited by Whispers; 06-30-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Guides:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    467 times
    Time Online
    29d 9h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    @(you need an account to see links), I just wanted to say that I'm glad you took the time to ask so many questions!

There are a lot of new people joining these past few months, and I know a handful of them probably felt just as confused as you were!

Glad @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links) did an excellent job of clearing things up for you, too! <3

We have such a great and helpful forum ;3;

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Toasted For This Useful Post:

Whispers (06-30-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    111 times
    Time Online
    22d 9h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    @(you need an account to see links) thanks and yes I really love this forum, it's amazing!
    I already knew some the rules and etiquette's about repping from some other wonderful guides, but these the answers to these questions wasn't a part of them, so I thought I would ask.

Guides:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Whispers For This Useful Post:

Toasted (06-30-2013)