Hi, so I am still new, but I try to always read older post/guides before I ask questions, however I haven't actually been able to find too much about this topic. There seems to be a lot of guides and posts about getting rep, but not a lot about giving rep.

I know you are supposed to give rep, when somebody helps you with something, however I was just wondering if there are specific rules or etiquette about giving rep? Like for example, if I find something, that I think is very useful (I am not talking about guides, I know you are allowed to give rep for those), but it wasn't necessarily for me, or I didn't necessarily use it, can I still give rep? I mean, if I think something is very useful and helpful, can I give rep to like, let's say, "reward good/helpful behaviour" ?

Is there a daily limit on how many times you can rep or how many times you can rep the same person (after you've spread it around)?
If someone writes a thread wanting to help people with this or that, can I rep even if I didn't use it?
Also I've seen people post in the graphics section, that they are buying and repping, is that allowed?
Can you rep an old guide if you think it was very good or helpful?
Or if somebody really helped me with something, but my rep power is low. Is it then okay to go back and rep them later? (I know you can't rep the same person two times in a row)

Don't worry, I haven't been spam repping nor do I intend to do that, I would just like to know the rules or etiquettes about this, so I wont break any of them in the furture

It's mostly because, I've been a little scared to rep (I have done it a few times), because I don't know the rules regarding it. So I would just like this be clear