Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welp. I...have no idea what to say.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    47d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

Welp. I...have no idea what to say.

I'm posting this in Spam because that's where I post everything. Force of habit. I need someone to talk to, and hey, why not all of cK, hm?

Yesterday morning, I had to go with my step-dad to try and fight for food stamps since they cut ours in half.
    Well, apparently this caused a huge fight with my parents.

My mom's kinda nuts, she's diabetic, going through "menopause" (Apparently menopause lasts 6 years), and is jsut fucking nuts half the time. But she's my mom.
    Some more background, my step-dad has anger problems and is an alcoholic. (He's been sober for 7 years.)
    They've been married since I was 3, so he's like my father.
    My mom and step-dad, whom I live with, fight constantly. It's been this way for months. It usually ends in my mom leaving in the Kia, and then coming home sometime later after everyone's cooled off.

Well, last night (Friday) I worked from 4 PM to 1:30 AM. I get a call at work from my mom at 6 PM. They had a fight, huge surprise. My step-dad ripped the phone off the wall (I don't really care, we haven't had a landline for years...) and wouldn't let my mom leave with any money. He literally ripped her purse out of her hands (Her purse straps are broken.) Well so she left with just herself in the Kia, went to my grandma's (her mom's) to cool off. She comes home later, around 8 PM. She keep to herself, goes to the bedroom, watches TV. My step-dad comes in, tells her she can't stay. Well, blah blah, the cops are called. (Yeah...this happens often as well.) She is made to leave, she grabs some clothes and head back to her mom's.

Then 9 PM hits and my mom an grandma show up at my work. My mom tells me I can't go home because in the morning she's getting a restraining order on my step-dad. At this point I'm just like mega FML, and I say w/e, I'll stay at my boyfriend's house for the night. So yeah, we just got home after the cops issued the restraining order.

The only money coming in was from my step-dad's unemployment and my paychecks. Well....now it's on me. I don't know what to do. I want out of here, to be away from both of them. I don't have my own car though, and I can't just leave my mom alone without any money at all, can I?

Also, my step-dad has no family around here, both his parents have passed and his sister lives in New Mexico.
    He just called me and told me he's staying with my brother for a few days.

They both get pissed if I'm talking to the other, and I can't handle this. I don't know what to do at all. I just.....I'm stuck idk!

I'm sorry if this sounds really like trailer-trashy, Jerry-Springer-y.

I just needed to vent.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    234 times
    Time Online
    48d 8h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    They need to put their big girl and boy panties on and grow up.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to grrrawr For This Useful Post:

Batgirl (06-29-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    It really sucks to be stuck in the middle of other people's problems, especially when it involves family. You should help out the best you can, but understand that you need to provide for yourself. I suggest saving up as much as you can and buying a cheap car ASAP. Transportation is super important (unless you live in a large city w/ public transport). Your mom has her mom, you should help out a little, but it sounds like your momma might need more help than you can offer. It might be time to move out on your own. It'll more than likely be an immense struggle at first, but it'll be better for you than all that crazy. In other words, no don't totally leave her without money and help, but don't be the new source of income. Else you'll only end up deeper in the drama cesspool. Oh and the menopause thing can last forever apparently. My mom's been going through it back and forth for years.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    47d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Well the thing is I make like $80-180 a week, and she's making me pay rent, and I have a phone bill. I can't just move out without a car is the problem D: She's too much of a bitch to let me take the car if I move out. :/

Otherwise I'd be gone.

And yeah @(you need an account to see links) they do ):

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I've said this before, but I really admire your sense of responsibility when it comes to caring for your parents. It must also be really tough being stuck in the middle during their arguments. My parents used to fight a lot too, and inevitably it would involve us, too. :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    47d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Daenerys View Post
    I've said this before, but I really admire your sense of responsibility when it comes to caring for your parents. It must also be really tough being stuck in the middle during their arguments. My parents used to fight a lot too, and inevitably it would involve us, too. :/
    Thank you <3

I wish I could just not be a part of it at all. I'm to the point where I'm just so done. D:

also.

Something has happened!
    A huge spider crawls all over the page...

fuck you spider and neopets. lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Batgirl View Post
    Well the thing is I make like $80-180 a week, and she's making me pay rent, and I have a phone bill. I can't just move out without a car is the problem D: She's too much of a bitch to let me take the car if I move out. :/

Otherwise I'd be gone.
    Your own mom is making you pay rent? So you not only have to deal with their insane fights but pay to live there? You are a brave soul.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    47d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Your own mom is making you pay rent? So you not only have to deal with their insane fights but pay to live there? You are a brave soul.
    Indeed. $160 a month.

It's fucking unreal. lol

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/1
    Mentioned
    251 times
    Time Online
    14d 3h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    First off, thanks for this in a way, it lets me know my family isn't the only one who has some serious daily issues lol.

But back OT, your parents are grown ups and while it's hard to just sort of leave them both, I think that would be best.
    Well not leave, but you know what I mean, sort of distance yourself a bit.
    You have enough on your plate just worrying about yourself, and imo its pretty unfair/selfish for your parents to be putting you in the middle of it.
    They are both adults, and shouldn't be depending on you to take care of them in the first place, and this I know from first hand experience as my mom was the same way until I finally had enough.
    No matter what you decide to do though, you should put yourself first!
    Wish you the best, and I hope you find some solace

Holy shit, that sounds just like my mom.
    She would make me split my paycheck with her <_<

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duck4Cover For This Useful Post:

Batgirl (06-29-2013),Owl (06-29-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Batgirl View Post
    Indeed. $160 a month.

It's fucking unreal. lol
    Fuck that, then. They're grown ups. Let them handle their own issues.