86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m

Linkin Park

So today I'm taking a nice little audio journey through Linkin Park. LP has been one of the most influential bands in my life. A lot of fans dropped off after Minutes to Midnight, but I actually love A Thousand Suns and Living Things. These folks are the ones who got me interested in rock and also rap. Prior to seeing the music video for Crawling on MTV for the first time, I was more or less only listening to top 40's and jazz exclusively. You have to appreciate a band that expands your horizons. I rarely go back to Hybrid Theory and doing so right now gives me chills. I haven't heard some of these songs in so long, and I can remember exactly what I was doing the last time I heard them. Fuck yeah.

Anyway folks, if you're a big LP fan, or not so much but know a song, post your favorite LP song and why (If you have a reason)!

For me it's a really tough call, but I'm going to have to go with:
    Pushing Me Away from Hybrid Theory.

As someone that was a pathological liar from 16-22~ I could really relate to the opening lyrics:

I've lied to you, the same way that I always do.
    Now the rest of the song, aside from just being musically appealing, makes me think of a lot of my relationships. Often times in the past I was forced to be someone different in order to please the person I was with. Hell, I lied about smoking to someone for about 2 years because she didn't want me to. She never found out. Now that I've grown up I look back and smile upon the Tim that felt he needed to please everyone so much for such little love there was there.

Anyway, you get the drift, the lyrics are pretty self explanatory.

LP's unite!
    Last edited by wrath; 06-28-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    487 times
    Time Online
    26d 4h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    @(you need an account to see links)

My favorite is Papercut from the Hybrid Theory.

I've never been a huge fan of linking park.
    I first heard them when they released "One Step Closer" which interested me enough to buy the album and Papercuts just really stood out for.
    It was actually a really good album and nothing they have done since has every "wowed" me like it since.

I see you have an opinion?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/1
    Mentioned
    251 times
    Time Online
    14d 3h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

This is one of my favorites by them.
    Was going through some crap about the time this came out that really made me relate to it.

I haven't heard some of these songs in so long, and I can remember exactly what I was doing the last time I heard them. Fuck yeah.
    This is so damn true, I'll be going through my playlist and hear a song I haven't heard in a while, and I get like a flashback and can remember exactly what I was doing the last time I heard it.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolz View Post

My favorite is Papercut from the Hybrid Theory.

I've never been a huge fan of linking park.
    I first heard them when they released "One Step Closer" which interested me enough to buy the album and Papercuts just really stood out for.
    It was actually a really good album and nothing they have done since has every "wowed" me like it since.
    I go back and forth on it really. Hybrid Theory is what I fell in love with. When Reanimation dropped, I was not pleased that I waited that long for essentially remixes of the same songs. I was kind of over it. Meteora hit on my way out of state and I remember being at a rental car place with my folks as I listened to it, and I thought it was on par with Hybrid Theory. Minutes to Midnight came much later, and I was less enthused.

A Thousand Suns. I almost stopped listening to LP altogether. This was not what I was used to, this is not what I wanted from LP. At. All. I discarded the album in a drawer and never listened to the entire thing in sequence and forgot about it. One day I was out and about and Catalyst was on the radio and I was shocked and looked up LP to see if they had released a new album, they hadn't. It was on A Thousand Suns. So, I reluctantly popped it in my computer and closed my eyes and listened to the entire thing. There are some that I really love, there are some that I still hate. But I was sorry I had just passed it off at first, because the ones I did love have been pretty much staples in my daily listening.

Living Things. I have not listened to it enough to make a full judgment. I will say that Shinoda's lyrics and rapping are growing tiresome to me. He doesn't have it like he did in previous albums. I think I would almost prefer LP if there was no Shinoda, or maybe one song rather than making him somewhat of a focus.

So yeah Jolz, I hear you, I definitely go both ways, but they're still that one band for me.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duck4Cover View Post
    This is one of my favorites by them.
    Was going through some crap about the time this came out that really made me relate to it.

This is so damn true, I'll be going through my playlist and hear a song I haven't heard in a while, and I get like a flashback and can remember exactly what I was doing the last time I heard it.
    Can't hate on In The End. I've never met a person who listened and was like: Oh that's a bad song.

But I'm glad you can relate. I've been so far up MCR's ass lately that I haven't listened to anything else in weeks. It's really nice to shuffle it up every now and then.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    49d 9h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m

It's a great song, I don't know if it's my favorite, but it always gives me chills

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    47d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

I love me some LP, but this song is right up my alley. I love the slow songs from rock bands.

Reminds me of some people of my past, makes for a bittersweet listen through.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Batgirl View Post
    I love me some LP, but this song is right up my alley. I love the slow songs from rock bands.

Reminds me of some people of my past, makes for a bittersweet listen through.
    I know right. I've made it through Hybrid Theory, Reanimation, and Meteora. Currently on Minutes to Midnight where this song is from and I've gotten to:

And I'm just like... Damn LP took the shit right out of my mind.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    47d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

Minutes to Midnight is the firsgt LP album I actually bought the whole things to. I love like every song on it. The Little Things Give You Away is an amazing one, and Valentine's Day is really good to me, though I know so many hate it lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Batgirl For This Useful Post:

wrath (06-28-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Batgirl View Post

Minutes to Midnight is the firsgt LP album I actually bought the whole things to. I love like every song on it. The Little Things Give You Away is an amazing one, and Valentine's Day is really good to me, though I know so many hate it lol
    I actually like that song a lot, but it just get's awkward to me when it's just "On a Valentine's Day" over and over again. But I guess that was the name of the song...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    47d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I actually like that song a lot, but it just get's awkward to me when it's just "On a Valentine's Day" over and over again. But I guess that was the name of the song...
    Yeah xD But idk like I said, I like the slow songs. Bleed It Out is always so fun to sing too