86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m

Securing a Main [+Rep]

I plan on purchasing a new main very soon. I haven't played Neopets much since my last main got frozen. I have an account right now but it's one I made and the 1 month restrictions have limited a lot of growth potential. Therefore I will eventually make that my side.

What I'd like to do is buy a main, but last time I got burned on $30 spent for one. As I'm into RW accounts only, the account could potentially be known, but possibly very inactive. What advice do you have to minimize the chances of being frozen for 'scamming' as that is what tends to happen when TNT realizes you're not the original owner of the account.

My current thoughts are:
    • Buy from someone reputable that hasn't used fifteen proxies from fifteen locations to check the account -_- (One of the reasons I lost the ticket on my last one.)
    • Login to the account via proxy from state of origin (will need to find this out before-hand preferably).
    • Remain logging into that proxy for a few months and suggest that I'm moving.
    • Leave all current information, name, interests, hobbies, lookup, intact.
    • Do nothing illegit for 2-3 months on the account.
    • Give no one the name of my account (Another reason I believe it was frozen in the first place.)
    • Slowly blend into the boards once I have established some decent credentials.

Your thoughts are welcome and appreciated. Great advice will get full rep. I cannot afford to spend the amount of money on these accounts that I do to have them frozen within 2-3 months like last time on top of the other shit I spend money on outside of Neo.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    47d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Buy mine.

Oh wait the name is too lame for you.

Oh well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Batgirl For This Useful Post:

wrath (06-26-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Your current thoughts are actually what's more important to do when you'll have your account on hands.
    Be patient until you decide to get onto the boards, these people often screw it up for us, cheaters.

However, unless buying something very secured and not known, you'll have to be careful with what stuff you do on it. Other than keeping the account's name for yourself and buying from a very reputable user, there's not that much you can do.

Just don't do anything too fast like putting a bunch of items, doing a lot of avatars and making your account incredible too fast and you should be fine.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cath For This Useful Post:

wrath (06-26-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    49d 9h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    If you are going to transfer some items / pets to this new main, do a fake conversation between the 2 accounts before. Send some neomails, be a neofriend with your shell.

For the first weeks / months, just do the dailies, and not involve yourself in huge trades / purchases. I guess it's a good idea to start slowly

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Attack For This Useful Post:

wrath (06-26-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Read the PM

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hinth For This Useful Post:

wrath (06-26-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/1
    Mentioned
    251 times
    Time Online
    14d 3h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Federation View Post
    My current thoughts are:
    • Buy from someone reputable that hasn't used fifteen proxies from fifteen locations to check the account -_- (One of the reasons I lost the ticket on my last one.)
    I don't have anything to add, as what your thinking of doing sounds pretty good, and would be what I would suggest anyhow.
    But that first thing on your list made me LOL.
    That's so true, and a lot of newer sellers don't think of this.
    I know I didn't when I first started selling accounts, I figured as long as I used any proxy I was good.
    Now I make it a point to save the proxies I use with the account info.

Another good one is buying from someone reputable, as anyone can say "Oh yea, I only used 1 proxy, blahblahblah." But its hard if not impossible to know if they are telling the truth. If its someone you know/trust, you could pretty much take their word for it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Duck4Cover For This Useful Post:

wrath (06-26-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck4Cover View Post
    I don't have anything to add, as what your thinking of doing sounds pretty good, and would be what I would suggest anyhow.
    But that first thing on your list made me LOL.
    That's so true, and a lot of newer sellers don't think of this.
    I know I didn't when I first started selling accounts, I figured as long as I used any proxy I was good.
    Now I make it a point to save the proxies I use with the account info.

Another good one is buying from someone reputable, as anyone can say "Oh yea, I only used 1 proxy, blahblahblah." But its hard if not impossible to know if they are telling the truth. If its someone you know/trust, you could pretty much take their word for it.
    Very true. Many people will come up to you and claim that they've only used one proxy when logging into the account the whole time but there's really no way to confirm what they claim.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hinth For This Useful Post:

Duck4Cover (06-26-2013)

Pronouns
    she/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    35d 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Do you currently have much on the account you'd like to make your side after purchasing?
    TNT registers activity. The account you buy shouldnt be a problem if you follow the guide to blending into the PC thats floating around here. That is, if you plan to go to the PC.
    I have never bought stuff, but I got an account from a friend recently and a friend of hers gave me a pet. UC, not high, but I gotta make sure its safe too.
    Right now Im doing nothing with the account but sending a few minor things over, and I havent done dailies on my original main since I got the new account.
    You gotta make sure your activity stays low, that eventual pets gain the right cache (and the account you buy too ofc) and that you'll only be really active once you do absolutely nothing on your side anymore. If the side doesnt mean much to you Id suggest icing it after the stuff is gone, because the new mods for the summer take their job way too seriously.

Hope this helped.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 12h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Let me know if you're still looking for a new account. I have a popular RW account (can give details in PM) that has been in my possession for over a year. I have all of the information logged and saved (including original email access), and I've only used two proxies on it over the period of time that it has been mine. It would make an excellent main; I just haven't had time to build it up. What you're planning to do is exactly what I would do.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)

Let me know if you're still looking for a new account. I have a popular RW account (can give details in PM) that has been in my possession for over a year. I have all of the information logged and saved (including original email access), and I've only used two proxies on it over the period of time that it has been mine. It would make an excellent main; I just haven't had time to build it up. What you're planning to do is exactly what I would do.
    PM me please. I may be interested.