Thanks
    Mentioned
    111 times
    Time Online
    22d 9h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

Help with Proxies? :$

I know that proxy questions get asked a lot and I did do a search, but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. So I am humbly asking for some help with proxies.

The thing is that I am buying a really epic main + sides, I want this to become my permanent main, but I have a little problem.
    Around the 14th I changed my Internet provider and got a new router, so I would think that means that, I also got a new IP, however I logged into another account, a couple of times I think, so my IP might actually be connected to that account.

I don't want to risk this new account, so I think I need to use a proxy, but I have never used proxies before, except that Hide My Ass free one, that you can add to FF. However it loads sites really weird, so I stopped using it and I didn't use it for Neo at all, I wanted to watch a YouTube video that was restricted to specific regions.

My questions are:
    Do I need to use a proxy/is my IP connected to that account I logged in on?
    And where can I buy a private, high security/elite proxy that is also high speed?

I have heard something about VPN's, but I don't know what they are and also it's important to me, that they are private as I have heard several times on the forum that, if someone else used the same proxy and they got frozen, you could get frozen as well.

I will really appreciate any advise you can give

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    VPN's will not secure you the same IP address every time but they will be close enough to where TNT won't really care. I would recommend just using your home connection if you're going to be using it as your main. If you're worried about the other account activity, then I would recommend you just change your home IP address. You'll have to change the router's MAC address most likely in order to make it work, but eh, shouldn't be too big of a deal. Since you are out of the US, the old methods of ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew in a comand prompt might work for you as well. Check out some tuts on how to change your IP.

Now if you do want to use proxies, you're looking at a dedicated proxy which is gonna run anywhere from $2-3/month for one IP.
    Shared proxies, which I'd probably recommend, you can pick up for $1/month. You get better deals as you buy more, but it is what it is.

Or you could always call the ISP and ask them to change your IP. Get the right person to answer, they'll do it for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Whispers (06-24-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    111 times
    Time Online
    22d 9h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Oops, I completely forgot I made this, with all the stuff that's been going on today
    Thanks, I checked out some of the guides about changing your IP, it was a little too complicated for me, but I think I will call my provider tomorrow and then I can see what they say. Also I am on a Mac, so when I go into Network Preferences and I click Advanced and the click the tap TCP/IP there is a button that says "Renew DHCP Lease" and under it there is a little box that says DHCP Client ID (If required). You said that
    Quote Originally Posted by Federation View Post
    Since you are out of the US, the old methods of ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew in a comand prompt might work for you as well.
    does that mean that I can just press that renew button?

I don't mind the price of the proxies, but I would prefer it, if I could use my own IP for my main. Also do you think that because I used my IP on that previous account, a couple of times, it is now linked to it? Thanks a lot in advance

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
    Oops, I completely forgot I made this, with all the stuff that's been going on today
    Thanks, I checked out some of the guides about changing your IP, it was a little too complicated for me, but I think I will call my provider tomorrow and then I can see what they say. Also I am on a Mac, so when I go into Network Preferences and I click Advanced and the click the tap TCP/IP there is a button that says "Renew DHCP Lease" and under it there is a little box that says DHCP Client ID (If required). You said that does that mean that I can just press that renew button?

I don't mind the price of the proxies, but I would prefer it, if I could use my own IP for my main. Also do you think that because I used my IP on that previous account, a couple of times, it is now linked to it? Thanks a lot in advance
    You got a skype, lady? We can try a few things. I'm off work and headed home now. PM me if you do.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Whispers (06-24-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Thanks, I checked out some of the guides about changing your IP, it was a little too complicated for me, but I think I will call my provider tomorrow and then I can see what they say. Also I am on a Mac, so when I go into Network Preferences and I click Advanced and the click the tap TCP/IP there is a button that says "Renew DHCP Lease" and under it there is a little box that says DHCP Client ID (If required). You said that does that mean that I can just press that renew button?

You should try calling your ISP about changing your IP. I personally use the timeless excuse of, "OMG my IP is leaked on the net and I am probably going to get DDoS'd plz help sir."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hinth For This Useful Post:

Whispers (06-24-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    111 times
    Time Online
    22d 9h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Okay, so I tried getting my ISP to change my IP and they said that they couldn't and they couldn't give me an explanation either.
    So now I am wondering what I should do. I mean if there aren't other ways to change my IP, what should I do?
    I was told, that since I logged into a different account using my IP, my IP is now attached to that account, so I guess it wouldn't be safe to use with my new amazing main.
    So I don't really know what I should do, I mean if I get one of those VPN's, I could risk getting chain frozen, which I most certainly don't want. I guess I will need a dedicated proxy, but I don't know where to get one of those? I mean I have no experience with proxies, so if somebody could recommend a dedicated proxy, I would be very grateful

Also if anybody knows how you can change an IP without the help of your ISP, I would be extremely thankful

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/1
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    If you are going to go the route of a VPN, perhaps @(you need an account to see links) has the answer? :o
    Quote Originally Posted by katzes View Post
    My friend has used Astrill and said it was working exactly as he wanted, so I'd also go with that one.

However, if the other one always change your IP, I'd forget about it. Neo does know when you loggin with a different IP each time, and I recently got frozen because of that mistake.

Good look.
    ((you need an account to see links))

Either way, best of luck choosing one / finding a dedicated proxy!

oh look a signature

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Okay, so I tried getting my ISP to change my IP and they said that they couldn't and they couldn't give me an explanation either.
    So now I am wondering what I should do. I mean if there aren't other ways to change my IP, what should I do?
    I was told, that since I logged into a different account using my IP, my IP is now attached to that account, so I guess it wouldn't be safe to use with my new amazing main.
    So I don't really know what I should do, I mean if I get one of those VPN's, I could risk getting chain frozen, which I most certainly don't want. I guess I will need a dedicated proxy, but I don't know where to get one of those? I mean I have no experience with proxies, so if somebody could recommend a dedicated proxy, I would be very grateful

Also if anybody knows how you can change an IP without the help of your ISP, I would be extremely thankful
    You just got a bad support guy. They CAN change your IP, but often, they just don't WANT to for various reasons. Also, Why do you think you'll get chain frozen if you use a VPN (as long as it's not HMA)?

Here are some pretty decent dedicated proxies:
    (you need an account to see links)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hinth For This Useful Post:

Whispers (06-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    111 times
    Time Online
    22d 9h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinth View Post
    You just got a bad support guy. They CAN change your IP, but often, they just don't WANT to for various reasons. Also, Why do you think you'll get chain frozen if you use a VPN (as long as it's not HMA)?

Here are some pretty decent dedicated proxies:
    Well why do they have to be such a pain then! I guess I will try to call again.
    I've just heard around the forum, that people say if somebody else uses the same proxy and does something that gets them iced then TNT might chain freeze you.
    So I think it's best to just have a private proxy and thanks for the recommendations

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Well why do they have to be such a pain then! I guess I will try to call again.
    I've just heard around the forum, that people say if somebody else uses the same proxy and does something that gets them iced then TNT might chain freeze you.
    So I think it's best to just have a private proxy and thanks for the recommendations
    If you use public proxies or a free VPN then yes, there's a possibility to get frozen. However, with premium VPNs, you will not get chain frozen because they usually provide you with a dedicated IP solely for your use. Your welcome, and good luck finding a proxy that suits you.