46/0
    Mentioned
    471 times
    Time Online
    50d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Ahaha, that's great. One of my friends and I considered getting ANDY tattooed on the bottom of one of our feet because my/our best friend's name is Andy/Andrew.

.... I'm still not sure I'm not going to do it one day.

Ugh gosh, yes, that's a beautiful comparison for it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    6d 3h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by monsters View Post
    Do you guys think people should ONLY get tattoos with a purpose, or is art a major aspect of it?
    Are you against getting tattoos solely for nice art?
    Do you guys have/want to get tattoos?
    Any stories behind them?
    In our place, when you're in the medical profession (physician, nurse, lab tech, etc) and you want to work in another country, the embassy wouldn't allow you having a tattoo unless it has a deep meaning to you. I don't think that is fair, though. I mean, getting a tattoo doesn't lessen your capability of being a doctor or a nurse. Unless of course if you've contracted a disease because of unhygienic tattooing then I believe that rule applies.

Getting a tattoo whether it holds deep meaning to you or not is fine. Although I believe that every tattoo has a meaning to the person. He/she may say he just got it because it's pretty, I think there's still a meaning to it maybe he/she just doesn't wanna tell the story or the meaning's stuck in his/her subconscious.
    I don't have a tattoo, yet but I'm planning to get them once I've started earning money on my own.
    I've already things on my mind that I'm planning to get like a koi on my ribs and a line from my favorite poem. I can't wait to get inked!
    Last edited by SugarCoated; 06-26-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    471 times
    Time Online
    50d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    That's ridiculous, wow? Like, I could understand not allowing tattoos at all, but you're allowed as long as you have a good reason for it? That's just silly.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    6d 3h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    That's ridiculous, wow? Like, I could understand not allowing tattoos at all, but you're allowed as long as you have a good reason for it? That's just silly.
    Yeah! One of my cousin's ex-classmate has a tattoo and it was the name of his mum who died. He was allowed to work in states as a nurse. However my cousin was interrogated when they asked about the story of his tat. He's got a quote tattoo on his collar bone. Of course he couldn't tell a story like his classmate's so he got denied.
    It's really silly and unfair.D:

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/1
    Mentioned
    251 times
    Time Online
    14d 3h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Do you guys think people should ONLY get tattoos with a purpose, or is art a major aspect of it?
    Are you against getting tattoos solely for nice art?
    Do you guys have/want to get tattoos?
    Any stories behind them?
    I think people should get a tattoo for whatever reason they want. A few of mine have a meaning or purpose to them, but then some I thought just looked really cool.
    I have the heartagram on top of my right hand, with my nephews initials above it. My nieces name down one forearm, and my other nephews name down my other forearm. I have 83/90 on the backside of my wrist which is mine and my brothers birthyear, a nautical star on my left arm up towards the elbow. Also a really neat looking skull on my right arm, and 3:16 on my knuckles on my left hand. And my very first one ever was with a home made gun, it says Outlaw across my belly. Lol, I know that last one is strange, but I was like 16. Then my newest one is one of my favorites so far, my fiance and I went and got a tattoo together, it was her first pro tattoo she got a nice little flowery thingy, and I got an old school looking heart with a banner that says Family, with like a sun burst at the top of it.

But yea, the way I see it its your body and if your happy/comfortable with it, no matter the reason for getting it then thats all that should matter
    And if your not, thats what cover ups are for!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Duck4Cover For This Useful Post:

Umbreon (06-26-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    21d 9h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    My friends all judge me because I want a tattoo but it has so much meaning behind it so I'm like, why the fuck do you care what I do with my body? Why should anyone care what anyone else does to their body, it's their body and they should be allowed to do whatever they want to it. Whether someone gets a tattoo with a lot of meaning or just got it because they like the way it looks, I don't think it should really matter. I know people with really meaningful tattoos and it's so nice when they share the story behind it and everything, and I know people who got tattoos just because they like the way it looked and they look incredible. I don't really think the motivation behind it matters.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jules For This Useful Post:

Umbreon (06-26-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    487 times
    Time Online
    26d 4h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck4Cover View Post
    a nautical star on my left arm up towards the elbow
    That was the biggest tattoo you could get about 8 years ago. If you was emo, you had one... not saying you was/are emo or anything, that's just the way it was here lol.

I see you have an opinion?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/1
    Mentioned
    251 times
    Time Online
    14d 3h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolz View Post
    That was the biggest tattoo you could get about 8 years ago. If you was emo, you had one... not saying you was/are emo or anything, that's just the way it was here lol.
    True story.
    Not about me being emo, but about it being a huge tat for emos in general way back when.
    I tried to make it look at original as possible but theres only so much you can do to a nautical star lol.
    I've thought of getting it covered up a few times, but I think I'm just gonna add to it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    122/0
    Mentioned
    89 times
    Time Online
    15d 16h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I wanna get a tat or two, but I want to lose some weight before I do get them. As I would think getting them now. and losing weight would destroy the tattoo as the skin shrinks or what ever from being stretched out due to the weight.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    471 times
    Time Online
    50d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by utahclock View Post
    I wanna get a tat or two, but I want to lose some weight before I do get them. As I would think getting them now. and losing weight would destroy the tattoo as the skin shrinks or what ever from being stretched out due to the weight.
    Ooooh, I feel you. Reason why I haven't gotten my ocotpus finished.
    I stopped going to school and I've gained like seven pounds since then.
    And it doesn't seem like much, but shit I don't feel comfortable with anyone touching my belly with it. xD