DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Gay marriage will soon be legalized all through out USA, this generation is growing, it doesn't matter who disapproves it because that belief is becoming the minority.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bewbala For This Useful Post:

spysie (06-02-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/7
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    4d 3h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Laugh as world falls apart LOL

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    As a lesbian who has been with a girl for over 2 and a half years, I'm very supportive of it.

I'm all for convincing people that homosexuals are just normal, everyday people as well, and that's why I find gay pride parades disgusting. People parade their sex slaves down the street in nothing but bondage gear and rainbows, sometimes acting more animalistic than humans, and I sit here and think, "You guys. We're trying to get them to approve of us, and acting like this in public isn't going to get many people on our side."

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fox For This Useful Post:

Banannie (02-25-2014),Broken (12-06-2013),Cheese (01-08-2014),Mod (12-03-2013),simmie (02-07-2014),zxzero (12-10-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I'm not sure where a lot of the debauchery stems from, but being outlandish and different is glorified amongst gay men.

And yes, I am embarrassed of the over the top gay parades. Mostly the sexualized stunts that are disrespectful and unbecoming.

Sadly, most gay men that I know lack a moral compass. The amount of self hate that is reflected through the way they treat themselves is sad.

Gays are normal. I'm normal-ish. I want to have a family, have regular friends, travel, ect.

Hopefully the legalization of gay marriage will instill the pursuit of a different life style amongst most gays, something more than night clubs, drinking, drugs, sex, materials and vanity.
    I am a human being, nothing human is alien to me.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    70/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    112d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Wow this topic though I'll be outnumbered here too

Gay marriage, I say no to it. Now before I get all the hate for it, I just wanna say the majority of America actually doesn't like it. But all we see is that Gay marriage is okay. The media glamorizes it to make it seem like it's something good when it really isn't. I guess it's just the way I was brought up by what my parents taught me and what it says in the religion I believe in. Now gay people, I have no problem with; it's your decision on how you wanna live your life, and if that choice makes you happy, go for it then. I'd still consider it a sin and a bad thing though. As a straight male, I could never find guys sexually appealing. Of course you can find other guys attractive, but not lust for them. It's just wrong No hate towards any gays/lesbians on this forum, I'm just merely expressing my opinions and you're entitled to yours as well

Also, for all who keep quoting the Bible and saying that it approves of gay marriage or the aspect of gay in general, I'd like to see the bible you're reading. Because what I'm reading says marriage is ordained by God to be between a man and a woman (Genesis 2:21-24; Matthew 19:4-6). Gay marriage/same-sex marriage is a perversion of the institution of marriage and an offense to the God who created marriage.

Oh well, my opinion is overruled and looked down upon in modern times.

Edit: I'm not imposing any of my opinions on anyone about this subject, nor will I ever judge you on what you think about this subject. I have my thoughts and ideas about this and it wont be changed. But am I going to treat gays any different? Absolutely not. That would be like treating someone differently for being a different race than you. I'm not an extremist on this subject but more so a person who has their values and morals set and wont be changed.
    Last edited by Andymac106; 12-10-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    30d 14h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I honestly don't see the point in marriage.
    People get married for the symbolism of love and spend thousands of dollars in the process. I know countless people
    who chase this fantasy of a perfect wedding, get a loan to pay for it, and for what, to be paying for it for years to come?

That being said if two idiots who only get hitched because the women was knocked up can wed, then I don't see why two men can't get married.

Also if we followed the biblical laws, most of us would live in poverty without technology(would be seen as the devils work), women wouldn't be allowed their own opinions, would be constantly raped, sold and used to barter.
    The church frowns upon people having large amounts of wealth, yet last i checked the Vatican isn't some shanty town, and didn't they just spend like 35million on a small village?
    I really don't see why religion plays so highly in modern society.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Broken For This Useful Post:

katix (12-18-2013),Mod (12-12-2013),simmie (02-07-2014),spysie (06-02-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    5h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Why should two people of the same sex who don't hold the same lifestyle as two people of opposite sex be allowed to be recognized in marriage to the government. I agree to marriage if they do not get the same tax cuts and benefits as straight marriage. If gay people REALLY were wanting to be married for the pleasure of being considered Husband and Husband or wife and wife for just the simple fact of being so that is fine, but when you ask for tax breaks and for other people to pay for your choices and decisions to be who you feel you want to be then that is in correct. Should I have to pay for a brother and sister who want to get married?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by livemynightmare View Post
    Why should two people of the same sex who don't hold the same lifestyle as two people of opposite sex be allowed to be recognized in marriage to the government. I agree to marriage if they do not get the same tax cuts and benefits as straight marriage. If gay people REALLY were wanting to be married for the pleasure of being considered Husband and Husband or wife and wife for just the simple fact of being so that is fine, but when you ask for tax breaks and for other people to pay for your choices and decisions to be who you feel you want to be then that is in correct. Should I have to pay for a brother and sister who want to get married?

First off: Two people of the same gender getting married is entirely different than relatives getting married.

Secondly, why shouldn't they get tax cuts? You feel like they should pay for your marriage, but you shouldn't have to pay for theirs? I mean, they pay for your decision to marry the opposite gender. What's the difference? You're not better than them just because you have certain beliefs and morals- they are still humans with rights who deserve the same treatment as everyone else.

Saying they don't deserve something because they think and feel differently is selfish and ignorant. Get over yourself, you don't deserve more than any human on this earth.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    5h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    First off: Two people of the same gender getting married is entirely different than relatives getting married.

Secondly, why shouldn't they get tax cuts? You feel like they should pay for your marriage, but you shouldn't have to pay for theirs? I mean, they pay for your decision to marry the opposite gender. What's the difference? You're not better than them just because you have certain beliefs and morals- they are still humans with rights who deserve the same treatment as everyone else.

Saying they don't deserve something because they think and feel differently is selfish and ignorant. Get over yourself, you don't deserve more than any human on this earth.
    First Response: What is the next step after making it okay for two of the same sex getting married? Where do you draw the line? If you make two individuals be allowed to be married even if the same sex why is it not okay for siblings or a 12 year old to get married? They can share the same desires as any person. Why make it okay for someone who chooses to be gay?

Second Response: They shouldn't get tax cuts because establishing a family is the full entitlement for these tax cuts and bettering the country. Do you really think cutting the human population reproduction process deserves the same benefits? And it is because of allowing these tax cuts today that people are allowed to ABUSE our system. The line needs to be drawn somewhere and no matter who it is someone will have a problem with it. I am not stating that everyone should give in to natural consensus but that there are too many people who will abuse these benefits. I am not stating I am better than anyone nor beliefs or morals. And they are giving the same treatment. They are told just like everyone else that if you wish for this benefit you must abide by the same standards as every other person. This growing group who have followed these laws for years now have a problem with it and feel the country should mold to their liking. With the decisions you make you receive consequences. For example: Having kids means you will lose more of your free time and will have to change your lifestyle because of this new life your are responsible.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    461 times
    Time Online
    69d 14h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I live in Canada and it's been legal everywhere since 2005.

In Quebec we created the civil union which implies the same duties as marriage and allowed same-sex people to engage to each other. I think part of the United States is very catholic and they're not able to understand that their religion isn't the only one in their country. Many of the other religions have indeed accepted homosexuality. Also it is kinda weird that most catholic reduces their arguments to the definition of marriage and forget to talk about all of those others things the Bible says. Let's hear it.

- A man has an obligation to produce a child with his brother's widow. If he refuses, his sister-in-law is to spit in his face in front of the elders. (DT:25:5-9)
    - Gotta be careful not touching your parents :Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB )
    - Don't cheat bitches :If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)
    - Better be a virgin before u get married :But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB )

Those are the ones I remember the most because let's face it ; the Bible is nothing but a book containing massive murders, bloodbath and population genocides.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maths For This Useful Post:

Banannie (02-25-2014),Blazingchampion (02-17-2014),Cheese (05-05-2014)