Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Thoughts on dealing with active accounts?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 16h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm way too new to the cheating game to have access to actives, but I probably wouldn't feel bad UNLESS the person neomailed me from a side or something asking for their account back. In that case, I'd probably make them beg and plead, but eventually I'd give it back. This doesn't apply to all of the self righteous idiots in the PC who take it upon themselves to backseat TNT everyone, though.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    4d 8h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I used to care about it, as my legit active account was broken into twice. However, you gotta adopt the dont-give-a-fuck attitude if you want to go far and make money in the cheating community, and to have fun while doing it. I like to think of giving people a chance to get out of neo while they still can, because it really is a big waste of time unless you're making money like us on here

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    48d 20h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    PC chat pisses me off to no end, so yeah, I might agree with that. I can't stand most of the "regulars" around there who take it upon themselves to report every new pet that appears UFT. All they want is to trade up constantly, so you'd think they would appreciate pets from inactive accounts that are brought back in.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    16d 8h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Personally I've only ever had access to like 5 actives and only managed to secure one and this may make me seem like a dick but I wouldn't feel anything tbh. If I could secure their stuff I'd do it and feel no guilt in doing so, cause I'd stand to benefit from it by selling the stuff. I dunno, I've had an account hacked ages ago and it felt a bit sucky cause I did try and work hard legit to get what I'd earned but then I just started over. If something affected someone in real life, like hacking their PayPal or something I wouldn't do it cause I would feel bad then (and I suppose this may look hypocritical cause of the NC and real life money being spent on it etc) but as for pixels, nope, I wouldn't feel guilty/bad.

Just a question though, and I'm genuinely curious as to this answer, but why would you feel bad taking from someone who was poor/had a mediocre account but not from someone who was rich and had a good account? The rich person might have spent countless hours on building their account up and making it good whereas the poor person might be like a part-time player who doesn't care that much. I dunno, I just can't see where the difference lies. It's the same question with UCs, like how come you'd feel fine taking someones items/NP but not their UC?

These are genuine questions btw, not me being a tool lol.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    112/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    28d 18h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Okay. Here's the deal. I ended up comparing cheaters/hackers who steal active accounts with TNT. They're kinda similar, but not really. Comparisons in the spoilers.

When you steal neopoints, pets, etc. from an active account, that person has probably worked hard for them. All the time and effort that went into building that stuff up is snuffed out.
    All your work is taken away and goes to waste.

Let me tell you how it feels to have this happen to you. Your heart starts humming and drops through the floor. You've been frozen, or someone has run of with your points, pets, items -- anything and everything. It is not just a game anymore, because every little moment of frustration and triumph you felt in building your account and all the time that went into it is crushed when all of a sudden, you have nothing to show for it.

The people doing the stealing are just taking stuff from some account, and hey, you can make money, too! Not only that, securing illegit goods is work that requires quite a bit of deliberation and intelligence. It's not like everything is comes effortlessly.

Cheaters who steal active accounts are still cheaters. They acquire pixels in an online game for their own benefit through illegitimate means. It's what we do. You can either accept those whose hands are a little more dirty or treat those cheaters like rotten eggs in a whole nest of cheaters who are only "slightly spoiled". And honestly, most of us have our own justifications for cheating. People should not be talking shit about individuals that they do not know.

You have to take a lot of things into account. I myself will not mess with active accounts and would never want to put someone through losing everything. At the same time, I don't think any less of people who would do that. I damn well don't mind buying stolen stuff, even if it might be from an active. This shit happens, and when it's a hacker or cheater's fault, what can you do? Kudos to them securing the stuff and beating the system; damn 'em to hell for taking your stuff.
    (itsa me, funnybell)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to funnybell For This Useful Post:

Mod (06-26-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    HEAR YE! HEAR YE!

FOR THE @(you need an account to see links) HAS BEEN RUNG,
    AND THUS THE ATTORNEY HAS MADE HER CASE!
    Last edited by Mod; 06-26-2013 at 06:31 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

funnybell (06-26-2013)