Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on dealing with active accounts?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    225 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
    You should be ashamed of yourselves. Stealing from active accounts is not cool.
    Well not everyone here has the means to get 62,545,000,000. If not counting ETS, the most I had was around 0.05% that. Counting, perhaps 5%.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to goodieboy For This Useful Post:

Nath (06-25-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    8d 3h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by goodieboy View Post
    Well not everyone here has the means to get 62,545,000,000. If not counting ETS, the most I had was around 0.05% that. Counting, perhaps 5%.
    So you're saying people that can't get a great job are allowed to mug people in the street as well?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Easel For This Useful Post:

grrrawr (06-25-2013),Kevin! (06-25-2013),Maditude (06-25-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I recant.
    Last edited by Frank12; 06-25-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    225 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
    So you're saying people that can't get a great job are allowed to mug people in the street as well?
    In a place where law is inadequate and seriously lacking, man revert to their original nature. In that case, well, life on Earth is nasty, brutish and short. Life, what more neopian life with a bunch of inadequate law keepers.

Edit: Oh and technically you aren't someone with a high flying job. You're a forger, someone who hurts no one except perhaps the economy. We are muggers, be it active or inactive. From different perspectives, one causes more harm than the other.
    Last edited by goodieboy; 06-25-2013 at 10:32 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to goodieboy For This Useful Post:

Kevin! (06-25-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 21h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I'd feel deeply guilty and wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it if I ever did steal from someone's active account (though I mostly buy things, not sell them.) I do think, "What if it was me?" and I know I'm hurting someone. Call me too attached but when a pet I bought got frozen (I was stupid and careless, I only blame myself) I cried for fifteen minutes and felt horribly sad all day. I loved that pet a lot, and I had only had her for a short time. I had also worked hard for the money I earned to pay for her, and the fact that I had in fact lost all that money for something I no longer had was very saddening. Now if someone else had spent months and months to get a valuable pet and years and years to make their account great, I think, wouldn't it hurt even more to lose it all? I just never want to make someone as hurt I was when I tried to log into the account with my pet on it and found it had been frozen.

And if anyone's questioning my sanity, or thinking it's really silly to get attached to a bunch of pixels, she felt like an actual pet to me in my head and it was as if someone had stolen a real pet of mine (something I've never actually had, Neopets is the closest I'll ever get most likely ) Perhaps I have a far too active imagination. But I think most others on Neopets genuinely love their neopets, that's why they play, so I'm not the only one and it doesn't seem fair to take things from people who still care about them.

Final thing because I think my little speech/rant has gone on long enough... stealing actives vs. inactives is like robbing a house someone still lives in and one that's abandoned. It's your choice which one you rob (actives more likely to have stuff, but harder to secure and hurts people, inactives perhaps less likely to have valuable things but any things you do find are clearly not wanted by the original owner anymore) and I don't look down on anyone who does either, but that's my opinion on it. I don't want to offend so don't take me as seriously as I'm taking this subject! XD

EXTRA: Because I forgot to add it when I first submitted this post, I also think that if I'm buying a great main or a high end UC then it would really suck to have it stolen from me XD
    Last edited by Corliss; 06-25-2013 at 10:24 AM.

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corliss For This Useful Post:

Ice (06-25-2013),Kevin! (06-25-2013),Kitsune (06-25-2013),Maki (06-25-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    8d 3h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    -gone-
    Last edited by Easel; 06-26-2013 at 06:38 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    All forms of cheating are immoral. Be it stealing from someone's account, botting or generating items.

We'll keep doing these things though while there are dollars to be made, that's the way we are.

We can argue all day which way is the morally better or worse and never come to an agreement.

One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of the richer players aren't even legit anyway...and, well, who wants to steal from a poor player?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post:

Bassi (06-25-2013),Easel (06-25-2013),Raj (06-25-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    234 times
    Time Online
    48d 8h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by nayfeee View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of the richer players aren't even legit anyway...and, well, who wants to steal from a poor player?
    i'm poor stay away from my account pls

14. The Following User Says Thank You to grrrawr For This Useful Post:

Nath (06-25-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m

Re: Thoughts on dealing with active accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by grrrawr View Post
    i'm poor stay away from my account pls
    Same here I only have 120k ;-; please dont steal all that botted, illegit np from me @(you need an account to see links) ;-;

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Raj For This Useful Post:

Nath (06-25-2013)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    950 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Drina View Post
    I'd feel deeply guilty and wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it if I ever did steal from someone's active account (though I mostly buy things, not sell them.) I do think, "What if it was me?" and I know I'm hurting someone. Call me too attached but when a pet I bought got frozen (I was stupid and careless, I only blame myself) I cried for fifteen minutes and felt horribly sad all day. I loved that pet a lot, and I had only had her for a short time. I had also worked hard for the money I earned to pay for her, and the fact that I had in fact lost all that money for something I no longer had was very saddening. Now if someone else had spent months and months to get a valuable pet and years and years to make their account great, I think, wouldn't it hurt even more to lose it all? I just never want to make someone as hurt I was when I tried to log into the account with my pet on it and found it had been frozen.

And if anyone's questioning my sanity, or thinking it's really silly to get attached to a bunch of pixels, she felt like an actual pet to me in my head and it was as if someone had stolen a real pet of mine (something I've never actually had, Neopets is the closest I'll ever get most likely ) Perhaps I have a far too active imagination. But I think most others on Neopets genuinely love their neopets, that's why they play, so I'm not the only one and it doesn't seem fair to take things from people who still care about them.
    You are a queen. <3 High five for pixel attachment and no pets IRL

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Corliss (06-25-2013)