63/0
    Mentioned
    78 times
    Time Online
    19d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m

A few questions about Proxies?

I know people recommend using proxies for auto-buying and things, but I have a short run in with that.
    I, unfortunately, still live under my mothers roof. I take trips to my fathers every now again, and the proxy likely won't be any issue with his house, but I might still run into problems.

My stepdad is a grade A hacker, but is one of those reverse security hacker people, you know? Long story short, he has all these web filter block things. One of those filters is Proxy Avoidance, and I can't do any of those HideMyAss type extensions.

My question is if the proxies are really that important, and does neopets really freeze through IP's? If I didn't suicide ab, and still did it on a shell while sending the loot over to my main?

Thank you guys,
    Sarah (:

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Yes, proxies (or at least some form of IP mask to your main) are important. When TNT freezes, they'll look at recent item transactions and chain through IP, item/pet transfers, and email linked accounts.

I still wouldn't recommend not using any form of IP protection. +even if you don't suicide AB, there's still likelihood they'll flag you for suspicious activity, like ABing for hours each day, or sniping good items frequently; just as examples.

Also, if you AB on a shell, don't immediately send to your main. No one frequently sends items of good value to another account for free.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Bettser (06-24-2013),Lizerd (06-24-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    78 times
    Time Online
    19d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    So, if I don't have a proxy for anything, should I only AB when I'm at my fathers, then?
    Or should I just limit a list and only send over an item occasionally?
    I really want to AB, but it would be a bit disappointing if I could only AB about a week a month (without it running continually).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Short Answer: If you don't want to run the risk (a very prevalent one) of being chain iced, then keep your main account and shell(s)/side account(s) as separate as possible. Different IPs through the use of proxies, perhaps even user agent changes, and all that jazz.

Long Answer: If you only use one account (your main), then you don't need to use a proxy to AB. If you truly valued your main then I would just AB on side accounts with each account with it's own proxy. NEVER make the mistake of accidentally using an IP that you have used with another account to AB with. Even just making that error once means that if one account gets red flagged/iced, the newly "linked" account is as good as gone.

Conclusion: Always use proxies when cheating on multiple accounts and it is recommended that you keep a little notepad (.txt?) to help you keep track of what IP belongs with which account. Happy ABing!~

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hinth For This Useful Post:

Lizerd (06-24-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    More or less, yes. Only AB with proxy on, or when there is no contact with your main.

You should only send items over once they've been "secured", which is basically to let a shell rot in inactivity for weeks/months once you've accrued the items you want (as a safeguard, so TNT won't immediately freeze upon item movement). In the meantime, users AB on another shell.

Another issue with proxies is that they are slow, always slower than your main connection. So don't expect any epic ABed items unless you suicide AB or do it without a proxy. You can still make off with decent items if you have a good proxy though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Lizerd (06-24-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I personally use private elite proxies so the latency isn't that bad considering they generally allow you to choose which city your proxies are based in. I find that the benefit far outweighs the cost and all the big-time ABers probably use those too

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hinth For This Useful Post:

Lizerd (06-24-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    78 times
    Time Online
    19d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Thanks guys (: I can use a proxy at my fathers, as I said. We're currently in a fight, as is why I'm only there a few days a month. If I play nice maybe I can show up for longer periods of time to use a AB.
    Thanks for your help (:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    You win some, you lose some.. Good luck with the ABing