Thread: Think anybody might be able to help us out? Long story.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    3d 12h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Question Think anybody might be able to help us out? Long story.

Have you ever heard of Amanda Todd and the stuff that went down with her? Well, that's a pretty controversial subject but nonetheless a similar thing is happening to one of my friends, with an ex from a long distance relationship. He's pretty much hacking all of her emails, friend's emails, family's emails, etc. I don't believe he's a "real" hacker, I think he's only some kid who managed to get a hold of one email which happened to be linked to her others, and knows enough information to get into them. Such as password requesting and breaking into one email, setting up an alternate and continuing that way. Many people link their emails together, (I never do as for this very reason) which makes it easier to back track and unveil one email after another even if it isn't mentioned anywhere in a message. As for her friends, well, enough information stored in a chat log or google'd can get you anywhere, really. This guy has literally been online for the past few days and a half off and on only for the sole purpose of breaking into her accounts. What a really spiteful ex, right? I looked in the rules so I'm not certain if this request breaks the terms but I remembered joining this forum some time ago so I thought you never know, maybe someone can help, and it might be her only hope. She doesn't mind to pay if someone is able to get at least one of her emails back, as he is using it to pull all the strings and setting it up as alternates for the newer emails that he hacks into. It doesn't sound like a program to me but I can't be certain, just like he had a streak of luck. I know a bit about getting into emails myself to be able to know the difference between the approach and execution, but not enough to snag it back. Sorry if this starts any problems, but it's really getting at the point where it's affecting her in real life; where she can't focus, and her nerves are getting really bad. I'm trying to branch out to get some help, any kind of help, from anyone. She's where she can't come on the internet period, make any new accounts, has had to have her and her friends (online and real life) delete all facebooks, emails, etc. and it still has not made any difference. Since she is no longer a minor via this year, the police won't do anything about the severe harassment / bullying despite how many people are currently being affected by this, and I think we all know by now reporting anything anywhere is a joke. If you have any advice otherwise, we'd love to hear. Thanks for reading, I think we're all getting really desperate.
    "I feel terrible, like there's a weight on my chest!"
    "A heart's a heavy burden."

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    (you need an account to see links)

---

In other thoughts...

That's fucking dumb that the cops won't do anything. Has your friend tried to press harder on them?

Maybe what she needs is proof that he is compromising her accounts and using it for his own intents, be it on paper or online correspondence. Maybe bait that tool into getting caught red-handed.

If all else fails, she could try consulting a lawyer. Might be a waste of money (even for consultation), but if she's desperate enough, lawyers always want a way to make your money.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Poem (06-23-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    3d 12h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links): Thanks a lot!

Yes, she's prepared a lot of proof and even explained that it isn't just some petty feud over facebook, but no matter how she tries to describe it they still won't take it seriously. She's tried screenshots, his full name, IP, phone number, etc. They basically told her, "The most we can tell you to do is report them to the website," or "You should try blocking him and getting your friends to block him," or "Make a different facebook/email account," otherwise, there's nothing they can do because its "out of state" and not serious to them I guess. I'm not sure if she'll go as far as a lawyer (as I don't think her guardian would be okay with it) but he's literally hacking into the emails/accounts of everyone she associates with, newly created ones or old ones. I'd say about maybe 15+ people, rather they are an interest to him or not, she thinks he's just doing it to affect her. It's really freaking her and her friends out, which is really unfortunate because this is driving her to the point where she is getting physically sick and the cops think the only solution is for her to "block" him. Thanks though for the link, I'll take a look at it later when I come home and see if we can't come up with something based off of it.
    "I feel terrible, like there's a weight on my chest!"
    "A heart's a heavy burden."