Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: letters to people at your job that you FUCKING HATE.

Pronouns
    she/high
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    395 times
    Time Online
    79d 8h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Daenerys View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)

Best thing I've read all day.

What the hell at hoarding all that food though. What a waste. There are so many people who could be benefiting off of those excess boxes of food while they let it sit there and rot. Also, wouldn't keeping all that food in one place give them a terrible pest problem too? Mice can nibble into just about anything. +_+
    that show is ridiculous! they have shelves sporadically placed around their house filled with toilet paper and mouthwash. forreal.

honey boo boo's mom is actually an extreme couponer too.
    check the background!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by swampfox View Post
    that show is ridiculous! they have shelves sporadically placed around their house filled with toilet paper and mouthwash. forreal.

honey boo boo's mom is actually an extreme couponer too.
    check the background!
    Um, wow. That's a lot of fabric softener. LOL.

Yeah, I don't get these people.

Plus, even if they do plan to eat all the Wheat Thins they bought - how long will it be before they get tired of them? Three boxes/bags of any type of snack is usually my limit before the thought of them makes me sick and I end up avoiding them for a few months. Hnnng.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daenery For This Useful Post:

Lilac Tentacles (06-23-2013)

Pronouns
    she/high
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    395 times
    Time Online
    79d 8h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    i'm gonna cry.
    yesterday was my last day off for 6 days.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    i'm gonna cry.
    yesterday was my last day off for 6 days.
    You can do it. Just hang in there and think about the cashmoney.

Pronouns
    she/high
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    395 times
    Time Online
    79d 8h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    BUT AT WHAT COST? D:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Your sanity.

Last edited by Hinth; 06-26-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Pronouns
    she/high
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    395 times
    Time Online
    79d 8h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    ohai swampfox what a nice thread you have here

OK SO I work as a cashier at a busy grocery store. First of all, fuck people. I hate people. Or more precisely, I hate the general public. People SUCK.
    I do basic cashier stuff. You come to my till, put your groceries on my belt, I ring them through, push them down my till, and then I have to bag them afterwards. Some nice people bag for me, always appreciated.
    I'm jealous of all you fancy tip-receivers. I receive $.25 over minimum wage, so not much. I deal with some downright shitty people. I think some people just HATE the shopping experience, and hate spending their money, so they act miserable to me. But unlike being a cashier at Walmart, my store actually enforces being super friendly and talkative with the customer. I deal with their groceries, handle their money, pack all of their groceries nicely and quickly... not allowed to accept tips. Even the stock guys who also have to help people out to their cars aren't allowed to accept tips. So, because of this, I hate the premise of tipping. When do you tip, when don't you tip? I know you should tip your waitress, valet parking guy... but why? They receive minimum or just above, like me. I have to stand in ONE spot all day, sometimes for 8 1/2 hour shifts, sometimes working myself to the point of sweating if it's busy and I'm trying to hurry the customers through. So why not tip your cashier or other such jobs? Other than the fact that I'm not ALLOWED to accept it, I'd love tips. It would give me a reason to be even more friendly, I'd definitely be smiling more. Some people can't even be assed to put their change away and would give it to me, I know they would.

Then I'm confused about people saying you should tip 20% of your bill to your waitress. Why? If I'm spending $15 or $150 on my meal, how does that change the waitress's job? The amount I'm paying does not change what the waitress does, she'll still come around and refill my drinks and take my plates away. The waitress isn't the one buying the supplies to cook my meal, so whether I'm getting a salad or lobster shouldn't affect how much I tip. So why not just tip $5 either way?
    As a cashier, I'd love to receive $5 over my hourly just for serving that one table.

Now, I understand hairdressers a little more. As far as I'm aware, they have to pay to use their seat in the salon. Tipping helps cover that. But then again, why not just raise the haircut price and eliminate tips?

I think tipping should be more... regulated, I guess.
    Either:
    Tipping should not exist, period.
    OR
    If anyone is happy with the (customer) service they've received, in any field, anyone is allowed to tip for their good interaction with the employee, and the employer is not allowed to deny the employee receiving that tip.

I get even more annoyed with this subject when I decide to spoil myself and go out and order a burger and fries at a restaurant for $10, and the waitress looks at me like "Did you REALLY just not give me a tip??"
    I'm sorry, but it's not as if I'm a difficult customer, they probably only came around once to ask how it tastes, then once more to fill my water, and I'm poor. Did I leave that restaurant feeling happy? No, guilty. Will I be chomping at the bit to go to that restaurant again? No way. Especially when I'm just at the table by myself, too. Sometimes I just feel obligated to tip and it's weird to me.

Anyway yeah. I read all the comments in the thread and it made me think about that. I have shitty customers but I'm too tired to think about stupid situations atm u_u