*p.s. i can understand not knowing something about your dog because you're obviously not a groomer. it's the people that come in like they know more than you that piss me off.*
if you're having a bad day at work, or some ignorant customer(s) continuously say(s) the same stupid shit, write them an "anonymous" letter telling them how you really feel behind your faux the-customer-is-always-right smile.
dear almost everybody that ever calls/drops their dog off at petsmart grooming:
- shaving your dog does not stop it from shedding. period. the hair is just smaller, so it's less noticeable, not gone.
- shaving your dog does not keep it cooler. a dog's coat acts like a styrofoam cup. want your dog to be cooler? BRUSH OUT ITS UNDERCOAT, not its whole coat.
- shaving your dog does not cause mats to form when the hair grows back in. BRUSH YOUR GODDAMN DOG omfg.
- i don't care if your puppy "doesn't like being brushed." keeping your dog brushed is beneficial to its health. s/he can get over it.
- if you're calling on a saturday during the busiest season of the year, you're not going to get an appointment. stop fucking wasting our time. be like everyone else and call ahead.
- stop coming in with your two dogs that need pawdicures (an actual thing lol. these take like 5-10 minutes depending on how the dog is. it's when we trim their nails first, then file them with a dremel tool, and then clean their ears) on a weekend when all of us groomers have big dogs on the table and are obviously extremely busy with our dogs that HAD FUCKING APPOINTMENTS. i will be less than happy to assist you.
- i am probably more obsessed with my dog than you are with yours but it's fucking weird that you refer to your dog as your 'son' or 'daughter.' what the fucking hell?
- if i find one more god damn person with a dog named bella i will personally come to your house, kill you in your sleep, and rename your dog. it's a god awful name; it's not cute, and you're not unique. EVERY SINGLE DOG'S NAME IS BELLA THAT COMES INTO PETSMART I SWEAR TO GOD.
- "i'd like to set up an appointment."
"no problem, but we're full until monday!"
"oh, including today?"
- if you come in with a dog named bailey or any other androgynous name, don't correct me like i insulted your mother when i get its gender wrong. it's a dog, not a child that is obviously a boy or a girl.
- if your child is tapping on the glass when i have a dog on the table and my dog is getting distracted, resulting in me almost cutting something off/hurting the dog, tell them to stop. holy shit this drives me up the wall.
- "make sure you trim their nails as short as possible without making them bleed." OMG thank you so much for giving me that little proclamation. i was going to purposefully trim each nail painfully short.
- YES WE CAN ACCEPT TIPS. don't tell me that "this is the best fluffy has ever looked!!" and not even whip out a $5 for me when everyone else around you is tipping. i don't enjoy spending four hours brushing out your dog when it shouldn't have to take that long.
- we're not "just the groomers." we have a lot to do. if you show up late, we will send you away. don't blame us for your lack of promptness.
- if i tell you it will take me about three to four hours to groom your dog and i'll call as soon as i'm finished, IT WILL TAKE ME THREE TO FOUR HOURS AND I WILL CALL AS SOON AS I'M FINISHED. don't fucking call an hour later and ask "how's so-and-so?" NOT FUCKING DONE, THAT'S HOW S/HE IS.
- you don't believe in kenneling your dog because "it's mean" and you want your dog done in half an hour? turn around and leave the premises, thanks. your dog is not the only one we have to groom. and there's a thing called breaks that us hardworking groomers like to take. just because your dog is at our salon doesn't mean we aren't entitled to them. seriously people will call and ask if their dog's done and when we say "idk your groomer's out to lunch" they get all mad and are like "my dog's not done and the groomer's taking a break from a long hard day? WUT A LAZY BITCH!1!!?!?!"
*deep breath* i think that's all of it. ty for reading.
Last edited by swampfox; 06-23-2013 at 01:29 AM. Reason: my post had a stroke.
I hate stupid people and work in customer service so I could actually rant for years... so I'll keep it short and simple.
TO ALL CUSTOMERS OF BT... EAT SHIT AND DIE!
Quite the rant. Yeah people are dumb.
I once had a guy come in to McDonald's and ask me if we served veggie burgers and I said no. Then he was like, "Are you sure there's not one on the menu?"
DUDE WHAT? I JUST SAID WE DON'T. Veggie burgers. At McDonald's.
And one time a guy ordered 4 angus burgers FRESH which takes like 4 minutes to cook, then another 30 seconds are so to assemble each sandwich, and he got pissed when he had to wait 5 minutes. He was like, "This is supposed to me FAST food not "wait 5 minutes" food." and he forced us to give him corporate's number so he could complain. LOL
omfg this lady called in one time and asked if she could set up an appointment for sunday (she called in on saturday) and we said we were full. she proceeded to say how she was a "regular" and "she should be able to get in because of this" and when we said we were full and there's nothing we could do, she called corporate to complain.
LMFAO i mean wtf what did we do wrong?
@swampfox Haha that is sooo ridiculous. I mean, if you're full then you're full! End of story!
One time a guy asked if I could take his garbage from his car and throw it away for him (in the drive-thru) and when I said I wasn't allowed to because it was against policy, he THREW THE GARBAGE AT ME and sped off. OMG WHO DOES THAT.
I work with grown ass adults who can't be bothered to pass a required physical fitness test or even meet the weight standards outlined in their contract. Some people don't even bother to fucking show up so I have to stop missions and send people who actually fucking work to lazyass's house and drag them out of bed so I can fuck their shit up. And the worst part... I can't fire them.
Oh and don't even get me going on the entitled douchebag civilians who are just fucking herpderp and piss me off on a daily basis because they don't understand our protocol. If you're a civilian contracting company, fucking teach your inbred dick employees that "the customer is always right, except when they're trying to get shit from me". I operate under the government, not your pussified employer.