Thread: Is this transaction trustworthy?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    225 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

Is this transaction trustworthy?

Hey guys I need some advice on dealing with real goods on PayPal. I'm helping my friend sell his beats headphone for $350. After I made a request for the money, PayPal withheld the payment, and sent a mail asking for verification that the item has been shipped, which I replied attaching the receipt and invoice of the shipping.

Now here's where the problem starts. PayPal's email claims that it has made an error and sent $550 to my account, and therefore I should refund the balance. I'd gladly refund and accept another payment, except that the buyer's PayPal is limited and cannot receive funds. I have to send a payment of 220 dollars via Western Union.

I'm having my doubts as whether PayPal will make such a fundamental mistake, and as I've learnt from here at clraik, money sent via WU is entirely non reversible.

Hope that I cb receive some helpful feedback from anyone who had experience dealing with these stuff.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    510 times
    Time Online
    40d 8h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Contact PayPal help and have them verify, and if so have them return it from your account
    J_L_K_64 rules you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    970 times
    Time Online
    279d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Call them, and talk to a being. They don't make those kinds of mistakes, and that's really, really weird. They would also never have you send a payment outside of Paypal, they would reverse it and fix it. Just call Paypal.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    225 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Thanks for the swift responses guys, I'll try it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    225 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Confirmed with paypal, (Called them up and forwarded those emails to (you need an account to see links)) and they confirmed that they were not from paypal. Could've kicked myself for not realizing that. Thanks for the input guys, I've asked my friend to cancel shipping.

I knew something's wrong when PayPal asks you to use WU. And PayPal isn't daft like TNT, they shouldn't be making simple mistakes, which they can't solve.