115 times
    Time Online
    14d 9h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Somebody save me

Wow that was dramatic right? o.o
    Anyways I got two questions.
    So I injured myself on Saturday by jumping out of a moving vehicle and got the crap beaten outta me despite landing half through glass. Tom Cruise would be so disappointed. But I digress! So my hand is in blunt terms "fucked up" and my boss was super pissed when I told him I had to take time off per my doc's orders [that and I pulled a ligament in my knee and was practically bawling while this happened because I was reading The Fault in Our Stars] but getting back on track. Boss is pissed and I'm thinking that I won't have a job when I'm better. He wouldn't be able to fire me would he?

Second: I have a calico cat?
    I think it's a she, there's nothing indicating that I am wrong in that assumption and she's so tiny and I fed her. I'm an animal lover so I couldn't help it when she started meowing [Which she hasn't stopped, by the way. Is that normal?] Since I have never have had a cat before I gave her Tuna and water but what the hell should I feed a underfed, perhaps still a kitten (No more than a year and a half max?)
    Pictures:
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)
    Any help, advice, guidance and I would so appreciate it folks.
    I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy,
    the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.
    J A G E R

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/1
    Mentioned
    251 times
    Time Online
    14d 3h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    I think I can help with the second one.
    I had a kitty who did this when she was was in heat.
    She would stand at my front dooor and make the most annoying meowing sounds until I let her out.
    Took her to the vet, and he basically told me she was just trying to get some.
    As for feeding it, pretty much anything it will eat right now would be good if its really under weight.
    After she gains some weight, regular old kitty food should work good.

As for the first question, I'm not 100% sure but I think they could fire/let you go, mainly because the accident was not work related.
    However with this I'm not sure.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Omg. Why did you have to jump out of a vehicle like that? Were you trying to get away from someone? I hope you're alright, that must have been terrifying.

I'm no cat expert myself, but I assume it must have something to do with the fact that it wants something from you - whether it be food or attention - as according to this article: (you need an account to see links)

Funnily enough the past week a stray cat has taken a liking to our family and has pretty much marked our house as its territory. It regularly sunbathes on our front porch, and today it came right up to our backyard and is now lying right in front of our glass door as we speak. We fed it a ton of chicken and fish and gave it some water, but it didn't feel like coming indoors so...no idea. Guess we're just friendly free food buckets right now. LOL.

Anyways, good luck with your calico. ♥

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    59/0
    Mentioned
    115 times
    Time Online
    14d 9h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Should've said that she is outside. She is NOT inside. I don't know what she has and I have dogs and don't need to moderate a WWIII of the species. Especially since I still am hurting.
    @(you need an account to see links)
    No I was told to "Get the fuck out" person wouldn't press on the brake and instead I "jumped" out. My moment of Jackass has been completed. Lesson learned. Terrifying not so much besides painful. Thank you hon though <3

Yeah well I was walking to the mailbox and my mom was up the street cutting tree limbs and bam this little thing started coming towards me and meowing. My dad said the words "This is now your cat, don't kill her." -.- Lovely.
    J A G E R

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    LET YOUR WARM HANDS BREAK RIGHT THROUGH

---

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    "This is now your cat, don't kill her."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Jager (06-18-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    4d 20h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links), the first question is dependent on where you live. I know that where I live, termination requires a specific advance notice depending on how long you've been working there (usually 2 weeks), and the meantime must be paid at your regular rate of pay. The notice must also include a reason for termination, and if you feel it is unjust, you can sue.

Employment standards might be different where you live though.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    the first question is completely dependent on where you live, knowing where you live would allow us to look up the laws of that state and let you know because i believe it is dependent state by state as to what you can be fired for.

to the second question, i have no idea, id say cat food and some scraps or something if u have any instead of throwing them out but best of luck

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    31d 22h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    it also depends on how many hours you work i think honestly, plus i feel like because you jumped out of a moving car they could find some way to not bring you back because you did something super dumb

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    59/0
    Mentioned
    115 times
    Time Online
    14d 9h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenis View Post
    it also depends on how many hours you work i think honestly, plus i feel like because you jumped out of a moving car they could find some way to not bring you back because you did something super dumb
    First time I've done anything like that. It's out of character for me to do that. I work 8-9 hours 6 days a week not including the fact I stay an extra hour or two for inventory checks.
    J A G E R