45/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    7d 12h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

Just a vent

I haven't been someone who has talked about himself much. Even my pyschs but I feel safe enough to post some shit here so why not. I've bought and traded some shit to make ends meet recently. Was in the Army for 7 years and left after how they did me for the year myself and ex wife were pending the divorce hearing since in the state you needed to be separated for a year. I ended up losing everything I owned. Couldn't afford my house, car, barely any groceries I even needed. I spent a while just eating rice everyday because it was all I could afford for months. My father one day asked me how I was doing and offered to finally let me move in letting him know the situation I was in. I currently moved down with in a couple months ago, get an actually meal a couple a days a week and sleep on a couch now. I use to do structural work on rotary wing aircraft and there is no job market here and I am wanting to go back to school for aerospace engineering as to hopefully get a job that I can do for the rest of my life with. But I have put resumes into at least 90 places, I got a call back from somewhere with a decent wage I could pay child support and bills but it turns out I am allergic to a chemical they work with. After 6 weeks of being unemployed the only place that considered me is Walmart making a third of what I use to make. Which after everything is said and done after taxes barely covers child support. Unable to pay fully my child support and the only way to get it modified is to go back to court which cost money I do not have is frustrating. I suffer from cases of depression and anxiety (I know poor me everyone does nowadays) I haven't been able to file a claim with the VA since getting them the documents cost money as well and my medication is running out. The point I was at a couple months ago my father took my gun I had as we had an issue with myself trying to do something and we got rid of it. I haven't been able to see my daughter as I cannot afford child support and the months I was able to I wasn't able the trip and hotel to see her. I have an extremely hard time asking for help from people so I do not get money from the government or anyone else in that fact unless I am working for them. The past week I have fallen back into my depression with missing my daughter mostly honestly and I feel like she would be better without me around. My ex constantly attempts to get me to sign over my rights which I refuse since I want to be in her life as I know how growing up like that is. Recently I have been thinking the thoughts I was a few months ago and I honestly no longer know what I want to do except I know the only fear I have is what happens after you die and spiders (fuck spiders honestly). Sorry for wasting your time and for reading this if you made it through this damn story; just felt I needed to get it off my chest and I actually like a few of you people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Using a child as a weapon is dispicable and the entire child support system sucks from the male perspective , in u.k in usa it must be worst if you have to pay to goto court though , surely there is someone you can talk to for help? Is there a citizens advice bureau in usa?

Dont sign your daughter over , even if the mum keeps her away when she is old enough she will come looking for you if she thinks you want to see her

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkByte For This Useful Post:

TheBaphomet (10-16-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    7d 12h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Citizens advice as far as what? I know there is help for legal prosecutions but as far as I have found you have to find your own help for matters like this

Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    160 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    eeep! Can't help but feel for you. You've had it pretty tough. Good on you for agreeing to move back in with dad - that alone can be hard but at least should be rent-free and support when you need it. With work it's best to take whatever job you can get and work your way up. You can't do a job thats unsafe/you're allergic to. How old is your daughter? Is it worth speaking to a social support worker about your case?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    7d 12h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorbet View Post
    eeep! Can't help but feel for you. You've had it pretty tough. Good on you for agreeing to move back in with dad - that alone can be hard but at least should be rent-free and support when you need it. With work it's best to take whatever job you can get and work your way up. You can't do a job thats unsafe/you're allergic to. How old is your daughter? Is it worth speaking to a social support worker about your case?
    My daughter is three and as far as I know my ex already has spoken to to dss or whatever they are in the state she resides in so I do not know if it is a conflict of interest in the matter.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    In the u.k citizens advice bureau is a place you can goto for help with things , so if you told them you could not meet child support payments on your new job and would leave yourself without a living wage they would do lots of legal shit and get it all lowered for you. They are basically there to prevent you getting screwed over and are a free service in uk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    7d 12h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkByte View Post
    In the u.k citizens advice bureau is a place you can goto for help with things , so if you told them you could not meet child support payments on your new job and would leave yourself without a living wage they would do lots of legal shit and get it all lowered for you. They are basically there to prevent you getting screwed over and are a free service in uk
    I looked into it and it seems the state the matter was resolved in you have to go back to court.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    I'm sorry to hear about your difficult situation. I can understand your ex wanting child support, but it is very cold of her to lack the empathy to understand your current financial situation. It's clear that you're not paying it just to be a douchebag, like some, but because you can't. I'm glad that your father is helping out as best he can, and that he took the gun. It's a tough economy, and I can only hope that a job more fitting for your skills and needs will come along in the near future.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    If u need to vent about shit to just shoot me a pm , my bro committed suicide when I was 14 and its not a nice thing to witness for anybody, it messed up alot of my family so never feel like thats a solution to anything
    Last edited by DarkByte; 10-16-2015 at 10:47 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    7d 12h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your difficult situation. I can understand your ex wanting child support, but it is very cold of her to lack the empathy to understand your current financial situation. It's clear that you're not paying it just to be a douchebag, like some, but because you can't. I'm glad that your father is helping out as best he can, and that he took the gun. It's a tough economy, and I can only hope that a job more fitting for your skills and needs will come along in the near future.
    I can completely understand the paying part but sometimes I feel $160 a week is a bit much