Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    30d 14h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

[full rep] Reporductive System

Lol yip another

This time I've cut out most of the bulk of the questions, and will do those myself, just need these four answered.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Broken; 06-16-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    108/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    49d 8h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    1. The reproductive system produces and transports sex cells, nurtures the developing offspring, and produces hormones.
    2. The female reproductive system involves the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus. The egg is released from the ovaries and then is fertilized in the fallopian tubes. From there it moves to the uterus where the fetus will grow and become a baby. The male reproductive system involves the sperm which fertilizes the female egg.
    4. There are many things that can go wrong, how many things are you wanting to know? @(you need an account to see links)
    [11:06 PN] domenick: you cant fix stupid
    [11:06 PM] andrew: unfortunately not lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    30d 14h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Domenick~ View Post
    1. The reproductive system produces and transports sex cells, nurtures the developing offspring, and produces hormones.
    2. The female reproductive system involves the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus. The egg is released from the ovaries and then is fertilized in the fallopian tubes. From there it moves to the uterus where the fetus will grow and become a baby. The male reproductive system involves the sperm which fertilizes the female egg.
    4. There are many things that can go wrong, how many things are you wanting to know? @(you need an account to see links)
    I think we just list a major thing that can go wrong with animals they always give this question and it always seems to be the hardest to answer because the question is flawed.

Also could you please put it in spoiler tags for me =)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    111 times
    Time Online
    22d 9h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Well I am not well versed in this particular subject, but with the help of my friend Google, I came up with this, so I hope it helps:

1 + 2) Explain the role of the Reproductive System and Explain (briefly) the function of the Reproductive System:
    The reproductive system is what enables us to have children. The reproductive system in a man starts with the scrotum. It contains testes, which make male sex cells, or sperm and the male sex hormone, testosterone. When the sperm leave the testis, the aren't able to swim on their own. They learn how to do so when they pass through the epidermis, which is like a big swimming pool for sperm. Mature sperm are stored at the end of the epidermis until ejaculation occurs. In a woman, the reproductive system is a bit different. Unlike the male who can make sperm from the time he hits puberty until he dies, the woman is born with all of the eggs she will ever have. At puberty, a woman starts having menstrual cycles, which allows an egg to be released each month from one of the ovaries. After about 2 weeks, a mature egg is released from the ovary and picked up by the fallopian tubes where it is able to be fertilized by any sperm that surround it. If the egg does not get fertilized it will break down and leave the body with the menstrual flow. If it is fertilized, it will move down the fallopian tube and implant itself in the uterine wall, which starts the pregnancy process.

3)How do the above inter-relate:
    Progesterone is produced by the corpus luteum (of the ovary).
    Luteinizing hormone (LH), is what stimulates the interstitial cells between the ST's to produce male sex hormones.
    Male Sex Hormones = Androgens. Testosterone is the major androgen whose production begins at puberty.

4)What major things could go wrong with the reproductive system?
    So many things, but I will list a few.
    Male disorders: Erectile Dysfunction. Prostate Enlargement. Infertility. Testicular cancer.
    Female disorders: Adenosis. Infertility. Cervical Cancer. Breast Cancer.

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

Oh someone else answered before I did, sorry it didn't show me until I had already posted.