18/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

[Game] League of Legends or Dota 2? o.O

Last edited by frankie12178; 07-04-2018 at 08:33 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    4d 20h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Neither. They cater to different styles of play and can generally be considered separate games.

I play League myself, but only because I had trouble getting into Dota 2 when I did try it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bryjow123 For This Useful Post:

Frump (07-24-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I have both. I played dota1 before. IMO I like League better because as a former dota player league is much easier.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 1h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    League of Legends, all the time. DotA 2 is a complete failure

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 12h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    i have play both and i guess it depend on how u wanna play and playstyle.

played league since season 1 and recently quit trying to sell accounts so i can never come back

league - easier mechanics and feels like mmo since u have to buy runes, champs and lvl to 30

dota 2 - harder mechanics a lot more to do, dont have to buy champs or runes just play

7. The Following User Says Thank You to auzereis For This Useful Post:

Frump (07-24-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    416 times
    Time Online
    50d 2h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    idk havent played dota but i like league so farr

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 12h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    idk havent played dota but i like league so farr
    i have some accounts im trying to get rid of if u wanna trade for neopets items or npts

1: plat 3, 81 champs, 9 skins , championship riven etc..... look inside
    (you need an account to see links)

2:gold 2, 80 champs, 13 skins, riot graves, riot blitz , riot nasus etc...

3:gold 3, 22 champs 3 skins , 2 victorious ... inside

4:lvl 30 unranked 11 champs , 1 skin judgement kayle

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Definitely... dota2 man

As I'm not a LoL player myself, I shall keep the LoL bashing to a minimum and instead focus more on glorifying the virtuous game that is Dota2.

Based on my frequent forays into the dota2 subreddits and looking at crossposts onto the dota2 subreddit by LoL players, what I've gathered is:
    1)Dota2 is a much more technically challenging game across all skill levels. Meaning, it's harder to get from beginner to amateur to experienced to pro levels. In LoL it's pretty easy to advance through but to stay at the top is absolutely difficult.
    2)Dota2 only makes you spend money on cosmetics (AKA hats by the steam community). These just make your heroes look more badass and have absolutely no bearing on your gameplay whatsoever. For LoL, money has to be spent on buying new champions and runes to optimize your gameplay. ---> Less versatility in LoL as you have to stick to 1 role forever.
    3) Dota2 has pretty frequent updates to the game client (about twice every month on average) and does have pretty awesome events from time to time. For LoL I THINK (I REALLY DO MEAN IM GUESSING) that they only update at the end of every season, about once or twice a year? I have no idea on this so LoL players could enlighten me on this.

Anyway I have enjoyed playing dota1 and dota2 for a pretty long time and would definitely advise you to play dota2. If you still can't make up your mind, wait till the 18th of July, and tune in to twitch.tv for "The International 4", an annual dota2 tournament where the best teams in the world go to seattle to play. The prizepool this year has already reached 9.4 million USD through crowdfunding and it is still increasing. Hope my post helped

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    2d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    You can totally play LoL w/o ever spending a dime on it, buying runes in the cash shop, level boosters and pages is unnecessary if you are willing to grind them out a bit. Champs all become IP buyable after a while, leaving the only real cash sinks cosmetic, as is the case with DotA 2.

LoL is easier, easier to be carried (to a decent rank) and even flounder around at that rank.

With all the LoL-esque games on the Horizon (even blizzard is going into that realm) - they will all have innate differences and really, for the most part, they will end up with loyal fanbases (particularly if the player invested alot of money into the game).

I wouldn't say one is better than the other, people look for different things. LoL though is a lot simpler and easier to feel like you are accomplishing something right away. More people also seem to play LoL, though I could reword that as 'more people I know seem to play it' hehe

I dont really think its a versus thing though, its like different MMOs, the better one on paper that should win isn't the most popular anyhow.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    220 times
    Time Online
    38d 18h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Thommy View Post
    You can totally play LoL w/o ever spending a dime on it, buying runes in the cash shop, level boosters and pages is unnecessary if you are willing to grind them out a bit. Champs all become IP buyable after a while, leaving the only real cash sinks cosmetic, as is the case with DotA 2.

LoL is easier, easier to be carried (to a decent rank) and even flounder around at that rank.

With all the LoL-esque games on the Horizon (even blizzard is going into that realm) - they will all have innate differences and really, for the most part, they will end up with loyal fanbases (particularly if the player invested alot of money into the game).

I wouldn't say one is better than the other, people look for different things. LoL though is a lot simpler and easier to feel like you are accomplishing something right away. More people also seem to play LoL, though I could reword that as 'more people I know seem to play it' hehe

I dont really think its a versus thing though, its like different MMOs, the better one on paper that should win isn't the most popular anyhow.
    As a player who has been at the top of challenger, but mostly high diamond one, this isnt true. Cant really compete if yoou dont have all the champs with all the runes and runepages.