So, my dad and I have a pretty up and down relationship. We're a lot alike, but we clash a lot too.

He's always tried to force me to have a relationship with his new family since he remarried and I just DON'T fit in. I've tried, they suck.

Anyway, over a month ago I asked if my dad would be available for lunch for Father's Day. Wanted to thank him for some help he's given me lately and just have a nice time together. He never answered me.

3 days ago, he calls and tells me my half sister will be getting in contact with me to tell me what the plan is for Father's Day. I wasn't asked to help plan, I'm not even allowed to help pay, my sister's doing it all...I don't know. I feel like the whole day is about them and I'm just a third wheel. None of the things they have planned are things I'd normally want to do or be involved in. It's awkward and it makes me feel like the reject kid.

Am I an ass for not wanting to go? Should I go? Should I even say anything about how I'm feeling?

This might seem stupid but I'm at a total loss. Any suggestions on how to handle this would be very much appreciated.