3/0
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by pasture View Post
    I feel you. I've been there before and man is that a toughie.

All I can say is, really sit on the situation. Really think hard about it, and try to figure out what your heart wants and what you feel is the best for you.
    Your happiness is extremely important, and living a life unhappy... Well, is it really living at all?
    So that needs to be the first thing you address. Are you truly happy? Or are you just going with the motions, HOPING things will change for the better?

Taking action to make the change is when things will start you open up and become more clear to you.
    I know... And I /am/ sort of unhappy with Dyla, you're right. And you know that.
    And maybe I am being overly hopeful with our relationship.
    I just don't know that I can sit on the situation and not screw something up in the process.
    ;~; thanks for the advice, Lukeypoo.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbreakdown
    Oh and just remember:

Long distance relationships may sounds like a good idea, and you could be perfectly fine with it, but in reality: will you guys meet, and how long, and what if it doesn't work out?

Is it worth losing the one who is there for you now, physically and emotionally?

Things on the internet get very intimate, very fast.

I experienced this and ended when I realized how badly it would hurt my bf, and I get that it's tempting but it'll never be what you want, at least not for quite some time.
    I know.. But I wouldn't even have feelings for this guy if the guy I have were enough.
    I know we don't know each other, but Dylan hasn't been the /best/ boyfriend in the world lately.
    He's slowly giving up his effort.

And I heard about all that happened with that... This is very similar, I'll give you that.
    Thank you for the advice.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mojo For This Useful Post:

Soul (06-15-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    509 times
    Time Online
    43d 16h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    But I wouldn't even have feelings for this guy if the guy I have were enough.
    Dylan hasn't been the /best/ boyfriend in the world lately.
    All of these things should be screaming "Red flag" at you right now, @(you need an account to see links).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    47d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    I know... And I /am/ sort of unhappy with Dyla, you're right. And you know that.
    And maybe I am being overly hopeful with our relationship.
    I just don't know that I can sit on the situation and not screw something up in the process.
    ;~; thanks for the advice, Lukeypoo.

I know.. But I wouldn't even have feelings for this guy if the guy I have were enough.
    I know we don't know each other, but Dylan hasn't been the /best/ boyfriend in the world lately.

And I heard about all that happened with that... This is very similar, I'll give you that.
    Thank you for the advice.
    actually, none of those are red flags, lol, no relationship is perfect.

I did most of whatever I did because sexually, my relationship was boring.

Little did I know I just had to talk to my bf and tell him my fantasies and what I want in bed and he was all for it.

When we search for online relationships, or happen upon one, it's not really because we're missing something, it's because we like the excitement.

I mean maybe you are missing something, idk.

I've been with my bf for over a year and I've recently realized he's perfect and I've just overlooked it in my excitement for someone new.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Long distance relationships can end up being great.
    I met my bf on WoW Now we live together in a sweet house with our sweet dogs and have a sweet life.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Maditude For This Useful Post:

Sylveon (06-15-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    32d 21h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Maditude View Post
    Long distance relationships can end up being great.
    I met my bf on WoW Now we live together in a sweet house with our sweet dogs and have a sweet life.
    I met my boyfriend who I've been with for almost 3 years online as well. Sometimes you find good ones! ;D

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylveon For This Useful Post:

Maditude (06-15-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    509 times
    Time Online
    43d 16h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Red flags are not necessarily bad. They're just warnings to re-evaluate.

My first action in a relationship when you begin questioning it is to re-evaluate the relationship, and to talk to your partner.
    Try to dig to the core of the problems, and resolve them. And if your relationship begins to improve, then good.

If it stays the same or worsens, or you're still not happy; then you know things aren't right.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    In my opinion, you need to do what is best for you. I've been there, I'm sure anyone who's been in a relationship has been there. I agree that it doesn't necessarily mean that something is missing from your current relationship. You need to listen to your mind and your heart, do what is logical and makes you feel the best in totality, not in the short-term gain.

I've been there, done that, as many of us have and it didn't go so hot. For me, my relationship was already failing hardcore, and there wasn't much hope at all. Though by involving another person, it ended it quicker than it would have on its own. And in that other relationship, I'm not sure I took much away from it other than to be better prepared for the future in the type of person I'm looking for.

Feelings come and go like the wind with some, others they stick to the soul. And for many, it's hard as hell to interpret which feelings are valid and true, and which feelings are just nothing more than infatuation. All I can say is, you probably need to handle your business with your boyfriend before pursuing a relationship of any sort with someone else. That's honestly the best advice I can give. Doing the both-sides things just doesn't work well for anyone involved.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Soul (06-15-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    The internet boy is filling a hole your IRL boyfriend has created by not giving you what you need. Does that make him a bad boyfriend? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe it's not intentional. Look at what the internet boy gives you that you like so much and ask if that's what your current bf is giving you. No? Then tell your man that. It's okay to be stern in saying "This is what I need and if you aren't able to do that for me then I know people who are."

People need to know that their SO isn't going to compromise their happiness forever.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Maditude For This Useful Post:

Soul (06-15-2013)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Oh wow this topic blew up fast. x.x
    I'll reply to all of you, just give me a second.

@(you need an account to see links); I totally agree with that 100% and you have definitely made me reconsider the situation at hand. Thank you.

@(you need an account to see links); I'll try talking to Dylan and see where it goes from there. Thanks, bud.

@(you need an account to see links); The thing is it isn't so long-distance. We only live 3-4 hours from each other, tops. But congrats on your sweetness, bbg!

Oh you had two posts. I suppose I can try the stern approach with him. I owe him that, at least. Instead of just dumping him without giving him a chance to improve.

@(you need an account to see links) Awww, congrats!

@(you need an account to see links) I'm gonna skype you, Mr. Businessman. God, you are so stinkin' formal. x.x ()
    Last edited by Mojo; 06-15-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    16d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Well my boyfriend and I started out like "short long distance" two and a half years ago.
    Lots of Skyping/texting for six months 'til we actually hung out... Though we weren't able to see each other all the time, we didn't really think it was going to evolve into anything serious. After being together for a few months, we realized how much Skyping daily had actually brought us really close to each other and we figured out ways to be together all the time, and now we're moving in together in August (but I doubt this is any situation like mine and my boyfriend's).
    But because of how we kinda started out, my boyfriend is very wary when I make male friends on cK or anywhere else online, because he knows how online relationships can evolve quickly.

Basically, I think that you don't really love Dylan. You might like him a lot or love him in the sense that you care a lot for him or just feel the need to stay with him because he thinks he needs you. But bottom line is that if you did love him and want to be with him as much as he wants to be with you, you wouldn't be having any doubt at all. Having feelings for others really just shows that your current significant other is really not the person you should be with at the time.

Granted, I'm not telling you to run into this other guys arms, but just take it easy. Think it out and think about what you really want. If you're anything less than 100% happy with your current boyfriend, re-evaluate the relationship and whether you want to better it or just eventually end it altogether.