13/4
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Acta

It's an international agreement among various countries including the US, Canada, Australia, the EU and others.

Full text: (you need an account to see links)

It's similar to SOPA/PIPA in a way, also not much publicity on it, and it's closer to coming around.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    For items/medecines I agree. But with internet stuff, just don't block sites for millions of people.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
    For items/medecines I agree. But with internet stuff, just don't block sites for millions of people.
    Really? Personally, I'd argue otherwise. I think it's more ridiculous to have copyright(alright, patent, similar kettle of fish) on medicines which makes them so much more expensive. If I had to choose, I'd say more reasonably priced medicine would be preferable to watching pirated tv shows.

Looking at this from an EU perspective, it doesn't seem to change our position too much though it does suggest it will be more vigilantly policed in the future.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm talking about illegal medecines, like the one that could be even dangerous because they are not approved by scientists. And for movies and music, I'm not feeling bad about illegaly download any if they are way popular. But for people that are trying to have success and money, I would agree with ACTA to protect their rights.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/4
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think it's good how they're trying to protect artists (even though they really don't get much from the music sales...) and intellectual property but the way it's being executed is poor.