I notice there's a lot of fucked up stuff that goes on in Florida.
Well, everywhere really, but since I live in FL, it has more interest for me.
So I searched on Google for just that, "fucked up stuff in florida" and found this stuff.
This is only the better ones lol.
- Woman in an argument with town council over a goose? Florida.
- Voters pass a law making the wearing of baggy pants a criminal offense that may cost you up to $150 and 60 days in jail? Just as baggy pants were starting to go out of style, one might add, extending the fashion for at least another year. Florida.
- Japanese stripper claims judge (who looks like Bill Cosby) shared business and bank accounts but insists their relationship is "a pure business matter"? Florida.
- SWAT teams ignore duties during drug raid to play Wii Sports bowling
- A fire breakout in the kitchen while the house owner was in the bathroom. Instead of running and exiting out the front door, which was nowhere near the fire, what does he do? Make a hole through his bathroom walls to escape.
- A branch of Bank of America trying to foreclose on a mortgage that they did not have? Odd. The homeowners fighting back in court and winning? Impressive. The homeowners showing up with a sheriff and moving truck to foreclose on the bank when they wouldn't pay court-ordered damages? Only in Florida.
- In 1984, the entire police department of Key West was declared an illegal enterprise under the RICO laws—which are usually used to shut down mobsters. One witness even claimed to deliver bags of coke to city hall on a regular basis.
- Lawyer challenges his wife to a nude swordfight; when he fails to kill her before she can call 911, he absconds with the sword, still nude. Said lawyer previously worked on a case where his client robbed a credit union and hid the cash inside his prosthetic leg.(Extra WTF for this one!)
- Bags of cocaine falling from the sky? Bonus points here because even the headline says Only In Florida.
Double bonus points: The bags hit, among other things, a church and a Crime Watch Meeting.
- A woman returns home to find that thieves have stolen her driveway made of concrete pavers.
- A man gets caught with over a thousand child porn images on his computer is sick and sad, but hardly unusual. Him blaming his cat, on the other hand...
- A sinkhole swallows a man whole in his own home.
- A St. Petersburg woman was shot by her friend's oven while attempting to cook waffles, unaware that he was storing a clip of .45 caliber ammo inside.
- In April 2013, a man taped a .40 caliber cartridge to a BB-gun in order to shoot a squirrel, hurting himself badly when the cartridge instead blew up and sending shrapnel everywhere.
And why didn't he just use a regular gun? Because he's a convicted felon and wasn't allowed to own one - he only got the cartridge because he'd found it while looking for scrap metal to recycle.
- Summer 2013 - Researchers warn that floodwaters from tropical storm Debbie may have created a population explosion of Gallinipper Mosquitoes, which are twenty times larger than regular mosquitoes, hunt 24 hours a day, and have a bite that is compared to the feeling of being stabbed. (<-- o_o WTH!)
Not sure if I want to live in FL anymore O_O
@pasture you better check this out and decide if you want to say lol.
The goose was it the Aflac goose
"A St. Petersburg woman was shot by her friend's oven while attempting to cook waffles, unaware that he was storing a clip of .45 caliber ammo inside."
Omg. LOL. Poor lady.