DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I have 8 tattoos. I have to say the most painful one was the one on my back of a phoenix. I sat through a 6 hour session for one day, and maybe 2 days later another 6 hours, totaling up to 12 hours. The only reason that tattoo was so painful to me was because it was a coverup. The only time it really hurted was when he went through my spine. To me, all my tattoos, only the coloring/shading is what hurted. But then again, I have 8 tattoos, and only one hurt. So i have to say it depends on where you want it, and how high your pain tolerance is. But I think the tattoo you want shouldn't be that painful.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    265/0
    Mentioned
    63 times
    Time Online
    9d 5h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Get tatted , experience the pain , it doesnt hurt so bad , its similar to getting a beesting , just except in a specific area.
    (then again , my opinion)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    7d 1h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I have a black tribal on my shoulder blade and it did not hurt as bad as my lower back did around the spinal area in the center. When you do go in just take deep breaths and try focusing your mind on something and after a few minutes the pain fades away its all in your head as they say "mind over matter" ive actually slept through most of my tattoos they were just relaxing and Ive got two on my lower back one on my lower leg one on my shoulder and one on my wrist

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Some of them hurt like motherfuckers, some of them are nothing.
    Liiike, I have 14 tattoos and only about 3 of them hurt - The tops of my feet and my calf. The ones on my arms, back and chest were NOTHING.
    However, it's all personal with pain. What hurt like a bitch for me might be nothing for you and what hurt like a sonuvabitch for you, I could text through and not be bothered haha.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 20h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I have one on the back of my neck and one on my arm going from my wrist up the bottom of my arm.
    With the one on my neck the pain was so minuscule I barely flinched. It was more of an irritating itching feeling than pain really.

With the arm one it was pretty painful in the wrist area because the skin is so sensitive and thin. Coloring it in was an absolute bitch.
    I handled it with as much tolerance as I could and it was definitely worth the pain.

Just try to remind yourself that the pain (if any) is only temporary and the final product is usually worth it. Assuming your tattoo artists knows what he/she is doing.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think tattoo's are all painful it just all depends on your pain tolerance. I have a couple

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I am personally scared of getting tattoos and piecings because I have a lifelong phobia of anything needle-related. Before anyone asks: yes, I'm that one crybaby at the dentists

I find myself having mixed feelings of both admiration and fear when I encounter an individual that is especially "tattooed up" or pierced. I suppose I'll just have to continue to live life vicariously..