DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    49d 9h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    No one knows but I can guess... I'll try to explain your question and how they put it on the bracket system

Well, maybe you need like 10000 points to get 1 point. So if your team makes 70,000 points, they'll score 7 points.
    But there are freeloaders, noobs and a different number of people in each team. Counting that, it would make sense if a team like Krawk Island always win the games they have more people right? Wrong, because TNT has a mathematical equation to make it fair for smaller teams too.
    Read this page to understand more: (you need an account to see links)

Now to the bracket system. I don't know if they count every single point you make or just the number of W and L. The fact is, AL and TY are in 1st with 30 points because they got the 1st place in the brackets twice. So, Round 1 gave 13 pts and Round 2 gave 17 pts
    Now Darigan Citadel. 1st place n the round 1 and 3rd place now. 13 + 11 = 24 points.
    Krawk Island, Roo Island and HW got the 2nd place twice, which means 9 points (round 1) + 14 points (round 2) = 23 points. That's why Krawk Island is behind DC.

Now, let's try to understand why DC is behind KI in the round 2.
    Adding everything, DC has:
    20pts YYB
    21pts SS
    20pts MSN
    21pts SoSd
    82pts total with 8W and 8L

KI has:
    23pts YYB
    19pts SS
    19pts MSN
    22pts SoSd
    83pts total with 9W and 8L

We can think in 2 different possibilities.
    1 - KI has more W than DC, that's why they're in 2nd
    2 - KI has more points than DC, that's why they're in 2nd

If the conclusion 1 is correct, it doesn't matter if your team wins by 15-0. It's just a winning.
    If the conclusion 2 is correct, the more points, the better, no matter if you win or lose.

Well, that's it. Sorry if it is hard to understand, but english is not my first language :T

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    4d 20h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    TNT is the most secretive admin team of any game I've ever played, at least when it comes to this site event. They won't tell us anything because people might "game" the system.

So in other words, no one knows what the 16 means except that if the scores are proportional to each other then it's a ton of MSN.

EDIT:

@(you need an account to see links), my theory for bracket standings is that they treat the entire 5 days as a single match, and compare the total amount of "work" done by all teams over the length of the bracket and rank them accordingly. By extension, bonus games mean that when played, your team benefits more in the bracket standings than usual.

I'm not sure if games are weighted in terms of importance, but I'll be doing some statistical work later to see if I can find a system that works.
    Last edited by bryjow123; 06-10-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    49d 9h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Whoops, I forgot the bonus game... I'm too tired to think about that right now. All I wanna say to TNT is: THIS FKING BRACKET SYSTEM SUCKS. Really, why make things so difficult to understand? .-.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) - difficult for players to understand, but maybe it's easier for them to calculate the winnings? Maybe their programs are powered by machines run by ancient dwarven hamsters and the brackets have to stay the way they are or else things start getting eaten

@(you need an account to see links) - this is the second time I've heard about TNT being afraid people would game the system. It seems a bit difficult considering it can barely be affected by players. Where did you hear this anyway? Is it on the FAQ?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    4d 20h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links) There's an editorial where TNT says they won't divulge more indepth data because people could exploit it.

Not like scoresenders and the like aren't already impacting the results or anything though.