Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Time Online
    8 d 10 h 16 m
    Avg. Time Online
    7 m

LittlePunker's Easy Text in Image Tutorial

LittlePunker's Simple Cool Text Image Tutorial

Okay, so this is going to be a tutorial of how to put an image in your boring old text. I recently learned this and it's so much fun to do. So I'm gonna show you how.

1. Start off with an image.

I chose a storage wars image.

I copied the image onto my clipboard (right click and copy image).

Now I got to photoshop (I have elements, but this works the same.) and ctrl+v (paste) in onto a blank canvas.

2. Create a text layer and write your text.

Next we're going to click on top on the image with our text tool, choose a font, and type out what we want. Make sure you are using the text color at WHITE.

3. Resize and place text accurately.

Next resize the text to as big as you would like it to be, and move it around till it is sitting over the parts of the image you that you want inside of the text.

4. Drag text layer below image.

Drag your text layer down below the image layer.

5. Clipping your image.

Next, you are going to click on your image layer to highight it. This is simple. After it's highlighted, click Ctrl+G.
    Boom! Instant clipping!

6. Get creative.

Next, it's your turn to have fun! Highlight your text layer in the layers box and use fun effects to give it a glow, a drop shadow, or any other effects that you desire in order to make your text-image POP.
    Drop shadows are the best to mix with a light glow. It gives it a wonderful effect. But feel free to play with inner glows, bevels, and other effects as well! Also, don't forget to crop any extra empty space around your text so it has the best effect.

And that's it!
    Hope you enjoy this tutorial, as it is my first, and have fun making your text from boring to WOW!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LittlePunker For This Useful Post:

Daenery (06-06-2013),Dom~ (06-19-2013),Ice (06-06-2013),Jager (06-07-2013),Neal Caffrey (07-09-2014),teletubby (06-08-2013)

Zoboo Land (ง˙▿˙)ง
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Time Online
    18 d 16 h 52 m
    Avg. Time Online
    15 m
    @LittlePunker Great guide! I tend to use layer masks to achieve the same effect but I'll definitely look into trying this out sometime too.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Time Online
    8 d 10 h 16 m
    Avg. Time Online
    7 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorn View Post
    @LittlePunker Great guide! I tend to use layer masks to achieve the same effect but I'll definitely look into trying this out sometime too.
    Layer maskis do work well, I believe I made this back when I was using Photoshop Elements, and therefore layer masks weren't really an option for me. So I had to find another way to create these lovely little pieces. xD