2/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    35d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m

My Paypal account got limited, what to do? will +rep

I've been using this account for years and today I suddenly find it limited, never had that before. Anyway, the real problem: to get it 'umlimited', I'm asked to do three things:

1. confirm/add/whatever a credit/debit card, which is ridiculous because I don't even have a credit card: I've always used my bank account which was attached to my paypal account and has been so from the very beginning.

2. Asnwer the security questions. I'm afraid it turns out I didn't fill in the right answers when I created my account or at least I don't know who my favorite actor like 5 years ago was, so that's not working either.

3. Change the password. But I can't change the password without answering the security questions it seems?

So... what do I do? Contact them, and show them screenshots of my bank account/passport/whatever to confirm that the account is indeed mine? Or just create a new account (that's possible right?)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Call PayPal. They have been very helpful whenever I've had to. If you go through your PayPal account to contact them you'll get a unique reference number. When you call enter that reference and your wait time will be next to zero!

When you talk to them tell them you can't remember your answers and they'll tell you what to do to resolve the problem

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    19d 12h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Yeah, just call them, they arent that bad. Alot of people think they are from hell, but idk.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    You don't even have a debit card? O_o

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    35d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Alright, change of situation: at this point I cannot even log in anymore, every time I try, or when I try to make a payment, I get the following message:

"Sorry — your last action could not be completed
    If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again."

But logging in obvs doesn't work, because I'll get this message again. I so can't get the unique reference number. :c

@(you need an account to see links): I doooo have a debit card actually. xD But I couldn't confirm it anyway because I needed to answer the security questions first.

Gosh this whole thing confuses me. o_o

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    I'd still say give them a call - they're very helpful on the phone and I'm pretty sure they have free phone numbers?

Everyone slates them, but I must say that their customer services are pretty great.