Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about your housemate horror stories!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

Tell me about your housemate horror stories!

TELL ME YOUR HOUSEMATE HORROR STORIES!

My housemate horror stories:

tl;dr: Lots of bullshit with housemates and I want to move out by the end of the year because fuck living with people.

Sorry if I wasn't clear about anything but it's mostly a jumble of rants.

[/FONT]

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    I've lived in student housing for 5 years with different people so I have a few:

1st year:
    Massive, massive house... 10 bedrooms. I lived with 13 people, but it was actually great. We all liked to party and 11 of the 13 (including me) were in the same program. It was dirty, but no complaints about any of the roommates or anything. We almost got evicted but it was moreso due to the parties and tickets.

2nd year:
    Lived with 5 others (three of which I didnt know). This house was nicer, and on campus. However, I lived with two terrible roommates.
    Roomate 1: He was VERY anti-social, I didnt even know when he was home or not. He had a smoking hot girlfriend (Who I eventually got with , a couple times...), and together they had a baby. The baby and girlfriend weren't always there, but come on.. a baby in student housing? Kind of put a damper on things. Also, this kid didnt know how to clean. He would leave pots with half a thing of Kraft Dinner for days and weeks.
    Roommate 2: Even more anti-social, awkward and actually a dick. He's that one kid who would tell on you in elementary school. This kid was even dirtier then Roommate 1, and complained about everything. He would hog the bandwidth of the internet, and blast terrible music, and we never complained. Here's an example of this kid.... After having the kitchen littered with pizza boxes, food, random scraps... my roommate got pissed and threw it all into TWO full garbage bags and put them by the stairs. They sat there obviously, and eventually Roommate 2 put them at the top of the stairs (where I lived with the two roommates I knew.) I asked why they were there to the other roommate and he said it was Roommate 2. I took them and walked downstairs, opened the door and threw them at Roommate 2. He asked why? and said it wasnt his garbage. I told him if he does that again, hes done. He moved out early and avoids eye contact with me at school now.

3rd Year:
    Not a bad house until the end. I moved in with two guys and two girls who were all my friends. One of the girls was a bit messy, and the other one was going through a hard time with her boyfriend/family and sort of took it out on us. Not bad though still.

4th:
    Lived with 5 good friends and one of their girlfriends. Lots of drama that didnt involve me within the house, and great parties. Only problem was that the roomates girlfriend was very, very flirty and got us into trouble all the time. Oh, and 8 months in, everyone gave up on cleaning. Messy house, but fun.

5th:
    Terrible terrible, terrible. I lived with terrible, terrible people. Like, ugh. First off, never date a roommate, because thats what I did lol. Pretty much, I lived with a house of drama-loving, anixiety imbalanced people.They all talked behind their backs, and twisted words. Example: Im allergic to dogs, and one of my roommates was getting an allergenic dog. Im okay with SOME dogs, so I was going to see how it went. My sneaky roommate texts me and asks if I would be okay with the guy getting a dog buying us a doggy gate so the dog didnt come upstairs. I was fine with it. She decided to tell that guy I DEMANDED a gate.... and Im pissed? I dont even. Pretty much, I moved out early, and so did two others. One who still lives there tries to be anywhere else but at home. The other two go about happily in their own little fairytale land like they have no worries. Little do they know, everyone who they live with and talk to actually hate them lol. Its hilarious.

6th:
    I currently live in an amazing house I live with four very pretty, nice girls and a friend who I judged before, but realized hes actually a great house. Been here for 2 months, and am very very happy.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    My room mates lay around all day and lick their butts.

...They often just like to stare at me from across the room.. Its kinda freaky...

I have 4-legged room mates. They never help with house hold chores, fuss all the time and never tend to pick up after themselves. Sometimes, I find myself getting so frustrated I want to kick them out.

I think its time to all have a family meeting.

Other than that, I love them all and they couldnt be better! <3

Last edited by Lindsay; 10-01-2014 at 09:07 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lindsay For This Useful Post:

Lyric (10-01-2014),Sociopath (10-01-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Only my first year roommate was bad...she was a nutso. This girl had more issues than neopets.com. it's hard to pick which ones to talk about. She had a boyfriend, that she acquired a month after high school graduation. Then in August, they both went to different schools (her obviously being at mine)
    She was stuck to this guy like lint...he was way smarter than her. so he would want to study and crap and she would make him skype for hours and hours.. and she did it without headphones in my room. for 3 hours at a time most nights. Several days a week. she had no courtesy to even go in a locked lounge or something

she was a huge whiner. she expected everyone to feel sorry for her and listen to her BS about her insecurities and how she didn't like her boyfriend who really is a nice guy but struggled to make friends at his school having female friends. and I sensed her behavior very quickly on and she got no attention from me. her telling me stuff was like talking to Sheldon Cooper...she would get the most insincere sympathy from me ever.
    this led her to purposely trying to get rid of me. we had a group of friends and she would try to exclude every opportunity she could. if the group was going out and I wasn't directly around (but was a text away) she would just say...yeah idk where Lori is...hmmm purposely trying to ditch me. she got caught walking right past me though...and my other friend gave her a nasty look because he had figured out exactly what she was trying to do.

in the spring semester when she thought he was going to leave her she would threaten him...saying she would do stuff if he tried to study for a test and leave skype. she would have these "panic attacks" (which anyone with an ounce of common sense knew were 100% bullshit) in order to get people to pay attention to her. I would come back to my room and she would be sprawled out over my room floor and i would just step over her because it was so, so ridiculous.

when the bf came up one weekend i gave them the room all day long and they still fucked at 2 am when i was trying to sleep....ugh lol.

and her family forced her into treatment but she put 0 effort into it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    461 times
    Time Online
    69d 14h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    i have a roomate rightnow and me and my other roomate think he's had his penis pierced or something bc there were bloody tissues in the trashcan and he has this baxodin thing which is usually given for piercing so they don't infect or whatever.

this is our supposition.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Maths View Post
    i have a roomate rightnow and me and my other roomate think he's had his penis pierced or something bc there were bloody tissues in the trashcan and he has this baxodin thing which is usually given for piercing so they don't infect or whatever.

this is our supposition.
    he could have just shaved a large part of his skin off
    my crazy roommate did that once

then saved the skin and showed everyone for attention

just offering an alternative hypothesis

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,163 times
    Time Online
    557d 11h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I never had a roommmate and only had housemates twice.

First time was Summer classes straight out of high school and it was terrible. It started out with three us and we got along well at first but I was taking a heavier course load and the other two got super close. I got back from an overnight lab with my class and after that they were just shitty in a high school way. And I probably wasn't that great either because I was a bit of a mess, so whatever.
    Then this other girl moves in and my main interaction with her was her accusing me of using a knife on her frying pan that "she planned to have for the rest of her life". She thought this because I owned a knife set and ignored the fact that I also owned a cutting board and the other two roommates liked making quesadillas and cutting them in the pan. I couldn't get through to her, so I gave up and offered to buy a new one. She refused and huffed off. She moved out a day early and took all of my baking supplies.
    [edit]
    I forgot to add that these people were gross! Left food out all the time. Never did dishes. Didn't care to wash the bathroom. I ended up doing most of it. But when i did they would usually have some sort of complaint like leaving a cabinet open or some shit.

The other time was a few years later. Myself and three other female STEM-related majors who were all kind of quiet, but still liked to have small parties occasionally. I ended up getting really sick and having to take the rest of the year off six weeks into the school year.
    Go figure.
    Currently I live in a studio apartment with a cat.
    Last edited by kittyray; 10-02-2014 at 12:40 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    he could have just shaved a large part of his skin off
    my crazy roommate did that once

then saved the skin and showed everyone for attention

just offering an alternative hypothesis
    that is just gross,mehhhhhhhhhh,I only had a roommate,his feets smells like outdated doritos so I demand that he wash is feets before going to the bed, he doesnt know I to cook but at least he tries,we always play and party together, recently we had one more joinning the "crew" but since he is our son,we love him. xD
    how yeah we live together like 8 years,in case you didnt guess,he is my husband!

In case you cant see the horror part,I will just repeat this, freacking fuking outdated doritos foot smell!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    25d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    My housemates are my parents because I can't afford to move out. I have to smuggle alcohol into a secret hiding spot in my childhood room. Really puts a cramp on dating too, but hopefully I'll be able to move out soon.
    hmu ladies

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zhukov For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I moved in with my then SO and one of my friends, as we were all in a tight spot money wise. My friend was a neat freak. One day, he asked me to do the dishes (well over half were his) and I said ok and HONESTLY, forgot. He came into my room without knocking, plum in the face, and berated me for almost an hour, and made me cry.