19 Post(s)
    Time Online
    8 d 10 h 16 m
    Avg. Time Online
    7 m

[Guide] The Detailed Guide on Cake Pops and How To Make Them

Detailed Guide on Making Yummy Cake Pops

A Guide By LittlePunker

So this guide is coming from personal experience in making cake pops and selling them at my school for over a year. It took a lot of work to achieve the perfect combination in order to create these yummy inventions, but it is well worth it, and can be transferred over to cupcake pops, cake balls, bites, and more. This guide will give you the best detailed descriptions on how to create and perfect your own Cake Pops.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Supplies Needed :

18.25 oz / 520-g box of cake mix (any flavor)
    9 by 13 in / 23 by 33 cm cake pan
    Large mixing bowl
    16 oz / 445-g container ready-made frosting
    Large metal spoon
    Wax Paper
    Two baking sheets
    Plastic Wrap
    3 lb / 1.4 kg of any color candy coating
    Deep, microwave-safe bowl
    48 paper lollipop sticks
    Large Styrofoam Block

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Step 1 :

Bake the cake as directed regularly on the box of mix and let cool completely when done.

Step 2 :

Once the cake has cooled, get organized and set up plenty of time (normally a couple of hours) to crumble, roll, and dip about four dozen cake pops. At this point you will crumble the cooled cake into a large mixing bowl, making sure no large chunks of cake are left. This can be done easily by hand.

Step 3 :

Add 3 quarters of the container of frosting (though you will not be using the remainder of the frosting) into the same bowl. Mix it into the crumbled cake using the back of the large metal spoon, until it is thoroughly combined. If you use the entire container of frosting, your cake balls will be too moist.

Step 4 :

The mixture should be moist enough to roll into 1 1/2 inch / 4-cm balls and still hold a round shape. After rolling the cake balls by HAND, place them on wax paper-covered baking sheets. Cover them with plastic wrap and chill for several hours in the refrigerator, or place in the freezer for about 15 minutes. You want the balls to be firm but not frozen.

Step 5 :

Place the candy coating in a deep, microwave-safe plastic bowl. These bowls are easier to cover the cake balls completely with candy coating while holding the bowl without burning your fingers. (Normally try to work with about 1lb / 455 g of coating at a time.) Melt the candy coating, following the instructions on the package. Microwave normally on a medium power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring with a spoon in between intervals. You can also use a double boiler if you have one. Either way, make sure to NOT overheat or burn the coating.

Step 6 :

Now you are ready to dip. Take a few cake balls out of the refrigerator or freezer to work with. If they are currently in the freezer, transfer the rest of the balls to the refrigerator so that they don't freeze during this time.

One at a time, dip about 1/2 in / 12mm of the tip of the lollipop stick into the melted candy coating, and insert the stick straight into the cake ball, pushing it no more than halfway through.

Step 7 :

Holding the lollipop stick with the cake ball attached, dip the entire ball into the melted candy coating until it is completely covered, and remove it in one motion. Make sure the coating meets at the base of the lollipop stick. this will help secure the cake ball to the stick when the coating sets. The object is to completely cover the cake ball and remove it without having to submerge it in the melted coating more than once. If you do so, the weight of the candy coating can pull on the cake ball and cause it to get stuck in the coating and pull off of the stick.

(The thinner in consistency your coating is, the easier it will be to coat the cake pops. If you find that your coating is too thick, add some shortening to help thin it and make the coating more fluid.)

Step 8 :

When you remove the cake pop from the coating, some of the excess coating may start to drip. Hold the cake pop in one hand and use the other hand to gently tap your first wrist. Rotate the lollipop stick if necessary to allow all excess coating to fall off evenly, so that one side isn't heavier than the other. If you were not able to completely cover your cake pop, this method of tapping and rotating can help cover those areas. The coating will slowly slide down the surface of the cake ball until it reaches the stick.

If too much coating surrounds the base of the stick, you can wipe the excess off gently with your finger. Simply place your finger on the stick right under the cake ball and rotate the pop, allowing any excess coating to fall off and back into the bowl. When most of the excess coating is off and the ball is no longer dripping, stick the cake pop in the stand.

Step 9 :

Repeat with the remaining cake balls and then let them dry completely. Store them in an airtight container on the counter or in the refrigerator for several days. If you are giving them away as gifts, you can cover and tie them with treat bags and ribbons and add tags to them. These make the perfect party favors and gifts!

As you continue to maker cake pops, you grow creatively and start coming up with your own designs for them. I have an entire book to help me, but I will gladly post more guides as I attempt to make some of the festive holiday ones.

***(Due to the limit in time that I have at the moment in my real life, I was not able to create these while writing the guide, but have created them several times in the past. Therefore, in this disclaimer, I am stating that none of the pictures used in this guide are mine and I take no credit for the owners of the pictures.)

Well, hope you enjoy this guide, and hope it helps you make some delicious, cute, and amazing cake pops of your own! If you'd like it would be amazing to see you post some of your creations here! I will post as well, once I find time to make some again! Thank you!

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to LittlePunker For This Useful Post:

Banararama (06-29-2014),Drizzy (06-07-2013),incognito (06-10-2013),Jager (06-01-2013),jena (05-31-2013),John (06-01-2013),Leah (05-31-2013),Lindsay (02-05-2015),Mod (05-31-2013),Pestix (06-01-2013),Ray-Chill (06-07-2013),Sinnamoon (02-06-2015)

Disney World
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Time Online
    16 d 13 h 5 m
    Avg. Time Online
    13 m
    I'll definitely be trying to make these soon!

Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,711 Times in 2,504 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1365 Post(s)
    Time Online
    131 d 12 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 43 m
    They look good.
    I don't have the tenderness of a woman to make them though, they would probably end up looking like shit on a stick if I tried.

If only a sweet person here would make some for me...

canada, eh?
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Time Online
    9 d 4 h 54 m
    Avg. Time Online
    7 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    They look good.
    I don't have the tenderness of a woman to make them though, they would probably end up looking like shit on a stick if I tried.

If only a sweet person here would make some for me...
    If only an equally sweet person would eat tiger ice cream with me...

(I don't even know if this was directed to me but idk I want an ice cream date dammit)

Locating location...
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Time Online
    14 d 9 h 11 m
    Avg. Time Online
    11 m
    These look so good! I'll be definitely trying these when I'm not dead on my feet.

United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,216 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1092 Post(s)
    Time Online
    42 d 18 h 30 m
    Avg. Time Online
    32 m
    marry me.

Manchester, England
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 726 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Time Online
    26 d 3 h 31 m
    Avg. Time Online
    20 m
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Alexiisonfire
    Holy fuck a jizz! I didn't know you had a cake-pop guide! That probably would have come in handy

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Time Online
    2 d 9 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 m
    I'm so going to make these and maybe sell them at my university. o:

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Time Online
    8 d 10 h 16 m
    Avg. Time Online
    7 m
    @Jolz; Yup I sure did. xD They still came out alright lol

@xylveriaa; They sell pretty good for like $2 a pop! I used to sell at my high school. lol They go FAST.

Manchester, England
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 726 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Time Online
    26 d 3 h 31 m
    Avg. Time Online
    20 m
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Alexiisonfire
    Quote Originally Posted by LittlePunker View Post
    @Jolz; Yup I sure did. xD They still came out alright lol

Sorry hun, you should of put your name on the list and I'd of made you a icing tile!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast