Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    So I looked up the documentary on animalplanet, and some of those clips look super fake. Some of them do look real, though. Also, what's up with that website believeinmermaids being taken by the government?

For everyone that wants to watch the video, you can find lots here:
    (you need an account to see links)

Unfortunately, I don't believe it because there's too much money to be made. They also hired a "doctor." If he didn't refer to the guy as a doctor a million times, trying to convince us that he's a credible source, I would believe it more. They don't even say what kind of a doctor he is. He could be a doctor in basketweaving from Trinity college, for all we know (it takes like a week and $300 to get a PhD there).
    Last edited by x-factor; 05-30-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    59/0
    Mentioned
    115 times
    Time Online
    14d 9h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I don't believe or disbelieve that mermaids could in fact be real. I did watch the documentary though and some of it looks real and not doctored except for the Reenactments but that's standard. Some doctors want the title in their name with everything they do. An example my girlfriends uncle. She has to call him Dr. Or he'll get huffy.

I don't agree though with the Navy's sonar experiments. Look at the poor whales, dolphins and aquatic animals that are killed from these things. If mermaids do exist them too from that cell phone video.
    I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy,
    the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.
    J A G E R

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jager For This Useful Post:

Ray-Chill (05-30-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    1d 23h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I was watching the news (my life is great, isn't it?) earlier today and there was a whole segment about how Mermaids and mythical creatures of the sort were all a hoax and a bunch of lies. It made me think about this board when I saw it yesterday. :b

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    You guys all realize that mermaid thing was a joke by animal planet right?
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    115/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    17d 11h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I watched this earlier today. It was pretty interesting though once it got to the part showing the kids phone footage and the 'mermaid' jumps up and grabs one of them I completely lost interest.
    Some of the points do make you think and at one point it almost had me believing it could be true.
    All in all a pretty interesting watch though the ending completely ruins it. I still do not believe anymore then I did before.
    <3 Jolz, Glenn, Luke, grrrawr & Whispers

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I find the idea of a mermaid that looks like Ariel ridiculous. Going from an evolutionary perspective, it's too weird for a full half of a body to evolve up to the point of FINGERS and yet, keep the tail bit from ye olde ocean times.

Also, I wouldn't really believe all of the stuff that documentaries produce nowadays. (Slightly off-topic, but related) Dara O'Briain talked about a documentary called "Did Gaddafi sell weapons to the IRA?" which included footage from Call of Duty or a game similar to that. Judging from the clip posted by x-factor, hardly anything in the clip looks real :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    16d 1h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I probably will watch it soon, as I'm very interested in their arguments and point of view.
    Even though I would love to know that mermaids exist or that it is very probable, I don't believe it will be true.
    It just doesn't seem very possible to them to have stayed out human contact for so long without a glimpse of them at least.
    Really there is little to no viable evidence towards it.

But I do look forward to getting the chance to view the documentary so that I can hopefully gain a little more hope for the mermaid population. Haha

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    If it was the one on Animal Planet, I heard that it was a "fake" documentary.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    100/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    5d 3h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links) & @(you need an account to see links)

Maybe it's a coverup, and due to Navy sonar testing being shut down, the government doesn't want anyone to think it's real.

The more you read about it being fake, the more they focus on the reinactments, and digital mermaids.. They are saying those are fake, that doesn't make the entire thing fake..

Though that Documentary aired last year, and nothing happened.. After the interviews and videos from the Sonar testing guys (sorry can't remember their names atm) a whole bunch of stuff has happened. Websites about these "Mermaids" are being shut down by the government, and evidence is being taken from the teenagers and the other "scientists."

Is it not a bit weird they are getting bothered about it now? When a year ago they where fine?
    ~ <3 ~ <3 ~ <3 ~ <3 ~

�Of course it hurts, it�s a spanking. How else would it work?�

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-Chill View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) & @(you need an account to see links)

Maybe it's a coverup, and due to Navy sonar testing being shut down, the government doesn't want anyone to think it's real.

The more you read about it being fake, the more they focus on the reinactments, and digital mermaids.. They are saying those are fake, that doesn't make the entire thing fake..

Though that Documentary aired last year, and nothing happened.. After the interviews and videos from the Sonar testing guys (sorry can't remember their names atm) a whole bunch of stuff has happened. Websites about these "Mermaids" are being shut down by the government, and evidence is being taken from the teenagers and the other "scientists."

Is it not a bit weird they are getting bothered about it now? When a year ago they where fine?
    sigh, you don't really think there are half fish half person things swimming around in the oceans do you?
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect