Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    5d 3h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Runaways.

So as of Sunday, my brothers been gone. He's "runaway."
    That being said he's only 16, and I have no idea what we should be doing.
    I've spent all day looking for him, calling people, and trying to figure out where he would go.

Is there any way to deal with this?
    Maybe ideas as to where he could be, or what to do?
    ~ <3 ~ <3 ~ <3 ~ <3 ~

�Of course it hurts, it�s a spanking. How else would it work?�

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    47d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    @(you need an account to see links)

I'm sorry to hear about your brother, I've personally never been in that situation before, so I'm not sure on the advice.

Personally, the closest I've come to is my boyfriend was kidnapped when he was about 11. He was gone for a week, and they found him because a schoolmate of his happened to notice the exact color, make, and model of the truck that took him from his bus stop.

In the end, they found him and another boy that had been missing for about 4 years. My boyfriend was all over the news and his mom was even on usa today and Oprah (I'm not 100% about Oprah lol)

edit: just googled it and yeah they were on Oprah. xD

anyways, enough about me/him. I know I tear up anytime I think about it happening, but I promise if you guys keep at it, there will be a break through, just like there was for my bf. Someone, at least one person, knows something. Just gotta be persitant on finding that person. I wish you and your family the best in finding him.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Batgirl For This Useful Post:

Ray-Chill (05-29-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Why did he run away? If too personal, disregard question.

Other than contacting his closest friends, people he was last in contact with, and people involved with the cause of his runaway, there's not much you can do.

If you're really worried for his well-being, you should alert the authorities, though it would be overreacting if he's just gone on a whim.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Ray-Chill (05-29-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    100/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    5d 3h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowbreakdown View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)

anyways, enough about me/him. I know I tear up anytime I think about it happening, but I promise if you guys keep at it, there will be a break through, just like there was for my bf. Someone, at least one person, knows something. Just gotta be persitant on finding that person. I wish you and your family the best in finding him.
    Thank you. We did find a kind that he knew that I think knows something. Though he won't talk with us. He's the only one telling people at school my brothers runaway.
    How would he know that if my brother didn't tell him?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Why did he run away? If too personal, disregard question.

Other than contacting his closest friends, people he was last in contact with, and people involved with the cause of his runaway, there's not much you can do.

If you're really worried for his well-being, you should alert the authorities, though it would be overreacting if he's just gone on a whim.
    I wasn't here at the time, but he had an argument with my mom, about the dishes or something. He ended up telling her to F*** off and that he could make it on his own.
    We've called people he knows but no one will tell us a thing.
    My mother is debating on calling to police to report him as a runaway. He came here when no one was home today, took his clothes and some food, and left us a note saying "I'm serious."

As of right now, I just got off the phone with one of his friends, and she's going to try and get a hold of him, to see if he'll let her go pick him up.
    I guess all we can do is wait for now.
    ~ <3 ~ <3 ~ <3 ~ <3 ~

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Depending on his personality and whether he's tried anything similar in the past, would you be worried for him?

Unless he's a hard junkie and not in the right state-of-mind, he'll likely return himself if he's not found by someone. A competent 16 y/o cannot survive on his own and must realize that home is the only way, unless your parents have loaded his bank account with 20k or something.

I would have to say though, that calling the police is a good idea, whether it's serious or not. Just a little safety measure to add if they see a lone teen strolling around the neighborhood, since cops don't cost a dime anyways, yeah? And if he is caught or comes back, he'll realize the jeopardy+embarrassment he put himself through - if he ever contemplates doing it again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Ray-Chill (05-29-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    100/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    5d 3h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Thanks Mod.
    I'll have her report him.
    He's left like this before but came back the next day. I'm only worried because he hasn't even tried to contact me. Normally i'm his go to person about this stuff.
    ~ <3 ~ <3 ~ <3 ~ <3 ~

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    6d 22h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    That brat pisses me off, he thinks he got it all figured out in life... well the only thing to do is ask his friends, and maybe you'll get some information. He's probably just nearby, so just wait, he will return if he got beat up by the facts of "real life".

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    15h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I feel so bad for you and your family If it were me, I'd probably be going out of my mind worrying. Maybe it's different if he's done it a few times before, I don't know. What age is he?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Any progress?