10/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    10d 21h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

[ How I got IP Banned on Neopets.]

So, I'm officially IP-Banned on Neopets. Not just chain frozen, that happened too, but my IP Address is banned from making an account on Neopets! Fun stuff. Every time I try to make a new account, right after I make a username it redirects me.

Which is way too bad, but I'm just chocking it up to a learning experience.

So I'll take this upon myself to add some pointers for you guys, so that you never end up in my situation!
    This is entirely because I was caught buying/selling neopets, by the way. I went about it the wrong way and got in trouble.

Now, my guide should be taken with a grain of salt, of course. I didn't use many or any of these methods, so I'm not an expert on any of the ones I've provided. If anyone in the comments would like to provide a more in-depth view, be my guest!

Always use an Proxy or VPN when buying Neopets.
    When accessing the account, never ever go on it with your own personal IP address. This is a surefire way of getting caught and having every account associated with that IP address frozen. Example: Along with all of my accounts getting frozen, my brother's account (who has a computer on the same IP address) got frozen as well.

Play the waiting game.
    You can never wait 'too long' for a pet sitting on an account. You can never lay low 'too long' with a stolen pet. Be smart, and realize that there's eyes all over the site.

Never tell TNT what really happened.
    In the ticket, they may think that they have already caught you. They will extend some sort of olive branch towards you saying something like this: While reviewing your account history, we confirmed that you received XXX on XXX X, XXXX from a scammed account positively identified as being stolen. We will consider unfreezing this account to you if you do the following...

They will not unfreeze your account. If you tell them that you did, indeed go through with buying this pet and give them any information, whether it be true or untrue, without fact-checking they will regard you as a criminal and treat you as such. You've basically lost all hope of getting your account back if you go down that route. They will get the information they need, and you will be left with none of your accounts. Or perhaps even an added-on IP ban.

If Tony responds to your ticket, close it and open a new one up.
    Enough said. He has the mentality of a butt-hurt teenager who thinks he's saving the world by catching one cheater. On a children's site. For children.

KEEP TRACK of your lies.
    TNT has the benefit of looking back on previous emails, files, etc. If you're going to lie, make sure that it's a good one that you can back up with actual evidence. If you start twisting your truths time and time again, you're just going to end up going further and further down the rabbit hole, unable to explain yourself out of it.

Don't get angry with any member of the staff through your correspondence.
    This is how I got IP banned. Some people may consider the more aggressive tone helpful for other sorts of tickets, i.e. frozen for your own protection. This does not go for accounts frozen for buying/selling neopets. They already view you as a criminal, and anything that can help affirm that thought in their mind will only get you in more trouble.

Don't be a dumbass.
    I was a dumbass. I got excited from the prospect of new Neopets I could get at the click of a button and overdid it, jumped the gun when I should have waited much longer to indulge in my purchases.

I wish anyone who still wants to try out the buying game the absolute best luck! Stay safe out there. And for the love of God, don't try to settle a ticket with Tony.
    Last edited by Sophie; 08-26-2014 at 09:25 PM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sophie For This Useful Post:

ebeb (10-01-2014),Fleur (08-26-2014),flowercrown (08-26-2014),Forever (08-26-2014),j03 (09-01-2014),Neal Caffrey (08-27-2014),♥ Pam ♥ (08-30-2014),Reva (03-08-2015),Sakuras (08-26-2014),Sinnamoon (08-26-2014),♥ Wooloo ♥ (08-26-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    6d 7h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Awesome guide, Sophie. c: I have seen what happened to her and the correspondence she had with Tony. He is a bully and should not even be allowed to work for the site. There are children on Neopets that will not understand how to handle the way he goes about things. He is extremely rude and sarcastic and thinks he has all the power. Don't let him have it. Sophie tried to talk to him and all he did was freeze her new account that she had done nothing wrong with even after she swore she wasn't going to deal with illegal pets anymore and was only trying to start again.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    thats unfortunate. I was ip banned once.
    then i unplugged my router

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

PS gave you VWN Shell to build on. Do it right this time. Chow!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    15d 7h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Thank you for the useful guide! I haven't been IP banned, but I was recently chain iced. Luckily, I used proxies for a few of my other accounts, so they were saved. I did send a ticket for my frozen main, so now I'm hoping that Tony won't get it.

So sorry you had that experience. :c I hope that with your guide, people will be able to avoid the same problems in the future!

Honeydew the Ryu
    Born: September 2021

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    471 times
    Time Online
    50d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I've been IP banned twice ahaha. You can do something easy like using foxy proxy, and make a new account, and then access it fine on your regular IP. It only prevents you from creating an account, not doing anything else. Unfortunately a lot of neat account names were wasted while I was IP banned and trying to make new accounts without the proxy though, ahaha.

They also stop flagging your IP after a while, probably around a year or so, I'm not sure, but they do it eventually.

Neat guide, though! Short, sweet, and to the point~

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    10d 21h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Thank you so so much, @(you need an account to see links). I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

Yep, I'm probably gonna take a little break from neo to work on rl stuff, maybe come back in a month or two, see what happens I'll let you guys know, I appreciate the kind words for the guide though!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Thank you so so much, @(you need an account to see links). I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

Yep, I'm probably gonna take a little break from neo to work on rl stuff, maybe come back in a month or two, see what happens I'll let you guys know, I appreciate the kind words for the guide though!
    you just did

glad you like it, take care. do it right!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    So sorry to hear that.

Pronouns
    He / Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    232 times
    Time Online
    65d 7h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    You've been IP banned for buying/selling Neo-stuff?
    wow things have indeed changed

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    10d 21h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Yep they have. Stay safe out there.