27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    What do you need to know exactly?

From what I remember from high school though, plants use the carbon in the atmosphere to do the photosynthesis. The organic carbon then go in the ground or is eaten by animals and then get back into the atmosphere via the organisms respiration. However, I believe the oceans also have their roles in it since they absorb carbon and then reject it later when they are oxygenated (But I can't clearly remember the current process carbon is going through once in the water). Industries are also implicated in the process since they create carbon emissions that will later be used for photosynthesis.

I'm not sure if this is the whole detailed infos you are looking for since I haven't studied the whole process, but I remember seeing it in class a few years ago.

I hope this can help a little.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cath For This Useful Post:

Maki (05-26-2013)

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m
    Quote Originally Posted by katzes View Post
    What do you need to know exactly?

From what I remember from high school though, plants use the carbon in the atmosphere to do the photosynthesis. The organic carbon then go in the ground or is eaten by animals and then get back into the atmosphere via the organisms respiration. However, I believe the oceans also have their roles in it since they absorb carbon and then reject it later when they are oxygenated (But I can't clearly remember the current process carbon is going through once in the water). Industries are also implicated in the process since they create carbon emissions that will later be used for photosynthesis.

I'm not sure if this is the whole detailed infos you are looking for since I haven't studied the whole process, but I remember seeing it in class a few years ago.

I hope this can help a little.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to katzes again.

WHAT
    I swear this limit thing is so annoying sometimes. Seriously, get on my ass about +fullrep when you can because this helped a lot. Thanks!!! <33

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mint View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to katzes again.

WHAT
    I swear this limit thing is so annoying sometimes. Seriously, get on my ass about +fullrep when you can because this helped a lot. Thanks!!! <33
    The samething happened to me when I wanted to rep Simmie the other day. LOL

& No worries, I'm glad I could help a little. <3 Is this for a final or something?

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m
    Quote Originally Posted by katzes View Post
    The samething happened to me when I wanted to rep Simmie the other day. LOL

& No worries, I'm glad I could help a little. <3 Is this for a final or something?
    For someone who's quitting/hiatusing Neo, you sure are a v v v helpful member on the site <3

It's for an Ecology test on Friday

BTW, congrats on the advertiser tie-dye bar!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mint View Post
    For someone who's quitting/hiatusing Neo, you sure are a v v v helpful member on the site <3

It's for an Ecology test on Friday

BTW, congrats on the advertiser tie-dye bar!!
    Good luck on your test then! <3

I'm mostly on a hiatus because I don't have much to do on the site right now. D:
    I will probably not quit since I'm way too attached to the site, but I need to sell my pets since I'll be traveling.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    6d 22h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Carbon cycle is basically the cycle of which carbon is circulated throughout the earth. Mostly it involves the atmosphere, biosphere, soil and the oceans. Carbon on earth's atmosphere has two main forms: Carbon Dioxide which is mostly produced by living things and Methane, both of these gases absorb and retain heat, causing the greenhouse effect. Plants and trees absorb the carbon dioxide through photosynthesis resulting into the return of carbon into the biosphere. Soil respiration also contributes to the release of carbon dioxide. Carbon Dioxide also dissolves in the ocean, this forms carbonic acid(carbonated water), which contribute to the ocean acidity. Carbon in the ocean is absorb by living organism through photosynthesis, thus the cycle. This is the natural carbon cycle.

Although with human influence, production of carbon dioxide has increased, burning of fossil fuels contributes directly into the production of carbon dioxide, air pollution and deforestation also affect the plants and trees, resulting into slower plant productivity.