Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your first car 'accident'?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    6d 1h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    My first car was a beautiful Chrysler LeBaron convertible. My father got it for me and painted parts of the engine and details on the car purple, (door handles, emblems, engine covers or whatever under the hood) and my favorite part - the Harry Potter logo about the size of an orange where one of the emblems should have been in the back. I thought there was a driveway connecting this restaurant we just ate at and this gas station. I drove over the curb and cracked my transmission something, and warped the frame. Bye-Bye first dream car....

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    234 times
    Time Online
    48d 8h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzHisoka View Post
    That is funny(in a sad way) Was anyone else brave enough to teach you or did you have to give up on driving altogether?
    My husband let me drive for a whole like 3 minutes the last time we were on vacation. I did fine then, but he's a very impatient person. My brother in laws gonna teach me when we move

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Mine (while me driving) was on december of last year, nothing serious luckly, and it was all fault of my mother, this is what happened:

I was on the mall, trying to get my car out the parking, while the parking was fucking full of people, literally, cars didn't stop passing by and I was on a little tiny spot with my car so I had to be very careful to get it out and leave. My mother was seing through the window and told me to go, when there was the back of a car there, and we had a little shock (really little, since I was going back slow as a snail) and the guy driving told us: "Ok, if you give me 30$ I don't say anything" and none of the cars had even a scratch, my mother yelled at him, and he leave... stupid people taking advance on this situations are just so lame..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    265/0
    Mentioned
    63 times
    Time Online
    9d 5h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Im really sorry to hear that , Thank God I never had one .
    And dont wish anybody to that !
    Best of Luck!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by xmxsummer View Post
    I put accident in quotes because maybe it really wasn't an accident in the fullest sense. I had my first yesterday -_-

I was pulling out of the driveway, mom and I were heading to work, the neighbor from next door was coming down the road. I intended to put the car in drive and pull back in to the driveway. Instead I kept it in reverse and hit the gas; did a weird donut, backwards u-turn thing and took out our mailbox xD. Also took out a little bit of my L tail light and put a little dent in my car >>

Honestly I'm not really upset about it as I thought I would be, mostly just annoyed at myself. Mom was like "Everyone has their first but that made no sense at all"

So what was your first? :o
    Good thing your car didnt run it over... thats how I got my car from the auction block, the previous owner told me his insurance called it a total loss because he ran over a mailbox hit the frame and shit.

and my first on my last car some guy rear ended me, thankfully nothing else after that

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Rear ended going to school nearly a decade ago. Accident but wasn't my fault of course. Was driving a tank and even with the deep scratch to the bumper I wasn't concerned. Told offending party not to worry about it and didn't report it to insurance even though I wasn't at fault.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    12h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    When I was learning to drive, I was trying to back out of our driveway and my dads truck was parked beside the car I was driving.
    Instead of just backing straight out, like I should have, I cut the wheel to the right and scraped all the way down my dads truck.
    Scratched and dented his truck pretty bad, and off my moms headlight lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    16d 1h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Only accident I did was a was pulling in to my first day at Target when I worked there, and I wanted to straighten my car better into the parking spot, so I backed out without looking properly, and I guess another person did too, and they noticed before me, and honked right before I bumped them.
    Wasn't even a fender bender, just some paint scratched off of my bumper.
    We ended up not doing anything about it because I was flipping out and they were all cool. So we just let it go. xD
    I've been close to some pretty HORRIFIC accidents though, and only made it through out of pure luck.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    The only car accident i had was when i ran over a cat who suddenly jumped out of the woods. A very surprising experience...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I ALMOST had an accident once, when my dog ran over a busy street and I went straight after her. A car that was over the speed limit almost crashed into my dog and me (I caught her by this point), but the driver veered away and crashed into another car. The driver, of course, blamed us, but the police decided it was a speeding thing and only gave me a warning. I didn't walk across that street for over a year after that incident...