Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does something seem odd about this?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    9d 11h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

Question Does something seem odd about this?

Resolved!!

Thank you everyone who helped.
    Last edited by Skyloft; 05-20-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    You must already think she is lying about her address and that her and Krista are one and the same.

From what you've posted it sounds like you're right, something IS odd.... but you never know....I'd say ask her - do you want to get deeper into this with these doubts?

Just be honest about it, tell her it bothers you that she won't give you her address as you'd like to maybe send her things now and then, and that you'd really like to meet her best friend as you guys have been dating a few months now.

Good luck, keep us posted!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyloft View Post
    Without causing a HUGE problem.
    It already is a huge problem that these simple facts are empty and inexplicable.
    It's like you have Italian and ask for pasta, but the server gives you pizza.
    Do you accept the pizza, or let the server to keep pestering you to take the pizza until you take it? Don't be weak.

1-2 of these peculiarities, sure. But 5 of them? That's sketch, yo.

Don't be in denial because she and you hit it off so well that you don't want to fear losing it and are desperate to keep it.
    If there was something wrong, better you find out now than later, when things are balls deep.
    If there was nothing wrong, she will understand the way she presented herself and give you the truth - if she really values you as much as you value her.

Relationships are a 2-way thing, not a game where 1 person has a Royal Flush and the other's got nothing.
    Think about it, she has all your info, your backdoor open, you in a chokehold. You have nothing on her.

I don't know how you 2 originally met or how trusting you are of her, but from the looks of it, I would be very careful myself if I were you.
    She might be trying to con you if it's bad, or in the extreme, be planning to chop you up.

(Yeah, I was probably exaggerating with the second one, but it certainly sounds shady, almost criminal with all the loose ends regarding government ID and State titles)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Skyloft (05-20-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    6d 22h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Well there is something odd in this situation, In your Point of View.

I believe your GF is still afraid to fully commit to the relationship, and you being all clingy to the point of being like a stalker is not helping at all. Don't assume that she is lying until you have proof, the way to know the facts is to talk to her friends. And if she is lying about something, maybe it is because she is afraid that you would judge her for not being good enough, after-all we would not want to be thought of as a loser. You should make her feel more loved, and maybe by that time she will come out with her honesty. Don't break up with her just because of some little lie, make her feel that you are not after her material things, and that what is important is that you love her. Remember forgiveness is also very important in a relationship, it will make thing go smoother.

Well if you are decided with the break up, there is no easy way to do a confrontation. The most easiest way is to ask her directly, face to face. It will do the least damage, no shame no feelings of betrayal. After that say that you feel that things are not gonna work out for us, then explain. Maybe after this kind of confrontation you can still end up as friends.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    9d 11h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by nayfeee View Post
    You must already think she is lying about her address and that her and Krista are one and the same.

From what you've posted it sounds like you're right, something IS odd.... but you never know....I'd say ask her - do you want to get deeper into this with these doubts?

Just be honest about it, tell her it bothers you that she won't give you her address as you'd like to maybe send her things now and then, and that you'd really like to meet her best friend as you guys have been dating a few months now.

Good luck, keep us posted!
    Thank you. And yes... From what I experience.. I feel like Krista and My girlfriend are the same person.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyloft For This Useful Post:

Nath (05-20-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyloft View Post
    Thank you. And yes... From what I experience.. I feel like Krista and My girlfriend are the same person.
    Keep one thing in mind - if you do confront her and she IS lying - that doesn't mean that you have to throw everything with her away....sometimes people make mistakes and she may have (what is to her) a valid reason for not being truthful. You may still go on to have a great relationship with her once the issues are cleared up.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    9d 11h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    It already is a huge problem that these simple facts are empty and inexplicable.
    It's like you have Italian and ask for pasta, but the server gives you pizza.
    Do you accept the pizza, or let the server to keep pestering you to take the pizza until you take it? Don't be weak.

1-2 of these peculiarities, sure. But 5 of them? That's sketch, yo.

Don't be in denial because she and you hit it off so well that you don't want to fear losing it and are desperate to keep it.
    If there was something wrong, better you find out now than later, when things are balls deep.
    If there was nothing wrong, she will understand the way she presented herself and give you the truth - if she really values you as much as you value her.

Relationships are a 2-way thing, not a game where 1 person has a Royal Flush and the other's got nothing.
    Think about it, she has all your info, your backdoor open, you in a chokehold. You have nothing on her.

I don't know how you 2 originally met or how trusting you are of her, but from the looks of it, I would be very careful myself if I were you.
    She might be trying to con you if it's bad, or in the extreme, be planning to chop you up.

(Yeah, I was probably exaggerating with the second one, but it certainly sounds shady, almost criminal with all the loose ends regarding government ID and State titles)
    I can agree with this post the most. She knows how I feel about lying and she knows that if her feelings ever changed or anything of the sort, I'd want to know ASAP so I can stop wasting my time and move on.

I mean, She does mean a lot to me... BUT... There are plenty of people in the world and WILL do what I have to in order to make sure I'm being treated right as I'm treating her.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by winston_tiu View Post
    Well there is something odd in this situation, In your Point of View.

I believe your GF is still afraid to fully commit to the relationship, and you being all clingy to the point of being like a stalker is not helping at all. Don't assume that she is lying until you have proof, the way to know the facts is to talk to her friends. And if she is lying about something, maybe it is because she is afraid that you would judge her for not being good enough, after-all we would not want to be thought of as a loser. You should make her feel more loved, and maybe by that time she will come out with her honesty. Don't break up with her just because of some little lie, make her feel that you are not after her material things, and that what is important is that you love her. Remember forgiveness is also very important in a relationship, it will make thing go smoother.

Well if you are decided with the break up, there is no easy way to do a confrontation. The most easiest way is to ask her directly, face to face. It will do the least damage, no shame no feelings of betrayal. After that say that you feel that things are not gonna work out for us, then explain. Maybe after this kind of confrontation you can still end up as friends.
    This one....

Can't say I really agree on 100%.

In my opinion, It's not a matter of being clingy. These are all Basic Information that really shouldn't be a big deal sharing. Considering the fact she knows all that info about me.
    I don't think it has anything to do with how I treat her or show her that I love her for the reason why she lies. To me, That sounds like an excuse for someone to lie and tbh, There really never is a good excuse to lie within any relationship.

Thanks for your opinion and thoughts, but I don't think your ideas will help my sort of situation.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nayfeee View Post
    Keep one thing in mind - if you do confront her and she IS lying - that doesn't mean that you have to throw everything with her away....sometimes people make mistakes and she may have (what is to her) a valid reason for not being truthful. You may still go on to have a great relationship with her once the issues are cleared up.
    I can agree on that. If she is lying and depending on the reasons she provides of why she lied.. Will determine weather our relationship continues or ends.

I mean, It's not like these issues arised all in one day... These are everything I've collected that hasn't made any sense since we've been together and even when we reconnected and started talking again. Unfortunately, not only do they not make sense... But I have a gut feeling and have had it for a while.. That she is lying to me.

People always say: Go with your gut. I just hope that the one time I feel like this... My gut is wrong.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    122/0
    Mentioned
    89 times
    Time Online
    15d 16h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    have you ever tried to *67 your number and call both krista number and your GF number ?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm a big procrastinator, when I moved from Florida back to West Virginia I kept my license in Florida for over a year. When I moved out of my parents house I kept my license still at their address for a few years. That to me isn't very uncommon, maybe she gets a discounted car insurance if she's still under her parents? Also, while searching for myself, in the past six years I've had two apartments leased in my name but it's not on White Pages or any other site. I wouldn't take those sites to be that reliable. The Krista thing is odd but possibly harmless, maybe she wants to see if you're "loyal" to her, test you to see if you flirt with her "friend".
    Last edited by Meagan; 05-20-2013 at 12:30 PM.

OOOOAAARRGGHH!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meagan For This Useful Post:

Dom~ (05-20-2013),Skyloft (05-20-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    9d 11h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by utahclock View Post
    have you ever tried to *67 your number and call both krista number and your GF number ?
    That's the other thing that makes me think Krista isn't a separate person. When they both text.. They do text off of separate numbers BUT... Krista's number is from one of them "Free texting" apps. So... I can't call her phone number and my girlfriend talks to her on the phone when she's "Out and about".

That make sense to you? Tbh, it doesn't with me. Lol

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Meagan View Post
    I'm a big procrastinator, when I moved from Florida back to West Virginia I kept my license in Florida for over a year. When I moved out of my parents house I kept my license still at their address for five years. That to me isn't very uncommon, maybe she gets a discounted car insurance if she's still under her parents? Also, while searching for myself, in the past six years I've had two apartments leased in my name but it's not on White Pages or any other site. I wouldn't take those sites to be that reliable. The Krista thing is odd but possibly harmless, maybe she wants to see if you're "loyal" to her, test you to see if you flirt with her "friend".

Could be the case. Especially the Krista thing. But I've never flirted or anything with Krista and NEVER would. Just not that type of person.

But what it all boils down to.. The lies. Tbh, it has nothing to do with it being basic information or even if I felt I have the right to know. This is not the case.

When someone tells you information and it either doesn't make sense or something doesn't quite add-up.. It gives you the impression that that person is lying to you.

Now, weather that be the case or not.. I'll have to find out.

I'm hoping me and her can have a talk later on tonight. Bring all my cards to the table and see what she thinks and says about it.

Then take it from there.