Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 65

Thread: Does something seem odd about this?

  1. #1
    Skyloft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Location
    New York
    Age
    25
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 29 Times in 22 Posts


    Downloads
    15
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Time Online
    9 d 8 h 41 m
    Avg. Time Online
    7 m
    Rep Power
    6

    Question Does something seem odd about this?

    Resolved!!


    Thank you everyone who helped.
    Last edited by Skyloft; 05-20-2013 at 10:19 PM.

  2. #2

    nayfeee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,625
    Thanks
    866
    Thanked 742 Times in 449 Posts


    Downloads
    26
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Time Online
    86 d 12 h 55 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 5 m
    Rep Power
    8
    You must already think she is lying about her address and that her and Krista are one and the same.

    From what you've posted it sounds like you're right, something IS odd.... but you never know....I'd say ask her - do you want to get deeper into this with these doubts?

    Just be honest about it, tell her it bothers you that she won't give you her address as you'd like to maybe send her things now and then, and that you'd really like to meet her best friend as you guys have been dating a few months now.

    Good luck, keep us posted!

  3. #3

    Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,821
    Thanks
    1,563
    Thanked 4,711 Times in 2,504 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1365 Post(s)
    Time Online
    131 d 12 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 42 m
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyloft View Post
    Without causing a HUGE problem.
    It already is a huge problem that these simple facts are empty and inexplicable.
    It's like you have Italian and ask for pasta, but the server gives you pizza.
    Do you accept the pizza, or let the server to keep pestering you to take the pizza until you take it? Don't be weak.

    1-2 of these peculiarities, sure. But 5 of them? That's sketch, yo.

    Don't be in denial because she and you hit it off so well that you don't want to fear losing it and are desperate to keep it.
    If there was something wrong, better you find out now than later, when things are balls deep.
    If there was nothing wrong, she will understand the way she presented herself and give you the truth - if she really values you as much as you value her.

    Relationships are a 2-way thing, not a game where 1 person has a Royal Flush and the other's got nothing.
    Think about it, she has all your info, your backdoor open, you in a chokehold. You have nothing on her.

    I don't know how you 2 originally met or how trusting you are of her, but from the looks of it, I would be very careful myself if I were you.
    She might be trying to con you if it's bad, or in the extreme, be planning to chop you up.

    (Yeah, I was probably exaggerating with the second one, but it certainly sounds shady, almost criminal with all the loose ends regarding government ID and State titles)

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

    Skyloft (05-20-2013)

  5. #4


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Posts
    191
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 42 Times in 19 Posts


    Downloads
    57
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Time Online
    3 d 12 h 56 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 m
    Rep Power
    6
    Well there is something odd in this situation, In your Point of View.

    I believe your GF is still afraid to fully commit to the relationship, and you being all clingy to the point of being like a stalker is not helping at all. Don't assume that she is lying until you have proof, the way to know the facts is to talk to her friends. And if she is lying about something, maybe it is because she is afraid that you would judge her for not being good enough, after-all we would not want to be thought of as a loser. You should make her feel more loved, and maybe by that time she will come out with her honesty. Don't break up with her just because of some little lie, make her feel that you are not after her material things, and that what is important is that you love her. Remember forgiveness is also very important in a relationship, it will make thing go smoother.

    Well if you are decided with the break up, there is no easy way to do a confrontation. The most easiest way is to ask her directly, face to face. It will do the least damage, no shame no feelings of betrayal. After that say that you feel that things are not gonna work out for us, then explain. Maybe after this kind of confrontation you can still end up as friends.

  6. #5
    Skyloft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Location
    New York
    Age
    25
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 29 Times in 22 Posts


    Downloads
    15
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Time Online
    9 d 8 h 41 m
    Avg. Time Online
    7 m
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by nayfeee View Post
    You must already think she is lying about her address and that her and Krista are one and the same.

    From what you've posted it sounds like you're right, something IS odd.... but you never know....I'd say ask her - do you want to get deeper into this with these doubts?

    Just be honest about it, tell her it bothers you that she won't give you her address as you'd like to maybe send her things now and then, and that you'd really like to meet her best friend as you guys have been dating a few months now.

    Good luck, keep us posted!
    Thank you. And yes... From what I experience.. I feel like Krista and My girlfriend are the same person.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyloft For This Useful Post:

    nayfeee (05-20-2013)

  8. #6

    nayfeee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,625
    Thanks
    866
    Thanked 742 Times in 449 Posts


    Downloads
    26
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Time Online
    86 d 12 h 55 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 5 m
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyloft View Post
    Thank you. And yes... From what I experience.. I feel like Krista and My girlfriend are the same person.
    Keep one thing in mind - if you do confront her and she IS lying - that doesn't mean that you have to throw everything with her away....sometimes people make mistakes and she may have (what is to her) a valid reason for not being truthful. You may still go on to have a great relationship with her once the issues are cleared up.

  9. #7
    Skyloft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Location
    New York
    Age
    25
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 29 Times in 22 Posts


    Downloads
    15
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Time Online
    9 d 8 h 41 m
    Avg. Time Online
    7 m
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    It already is a huge problem that these simple facts are empty and inexplicable.
    It's like you have Italian and ask for pasta, but the server gives you pizza.
    Do you accept the pizza, or let the server to keep pestering you to take the pizza until you take it? Don't be weak.

    1-2 of these peculiarities, sure. But 5 of them? That's sketch, yo.

    Don't be in denial because she and you hit it off so well that you don't want to fear losing it and are desperate to keep it.
    If there was something wrong, better you find out now than later, when things are balls deep.
    If there was nothing wrong, she will understand the way she presented herself and give you the truth - if she really values you as much as you value her.

    Relationships are a 2-way thing, not a game where 1 person has a Royal Flush and the other's got nothing.
    Think about it, she has all your info, your backdoor open, you in a chokehold. You have nothing on her.

    I don't know how you 2 originally met or how trusting you are of her, but from the looks of it, I would be very careful myself if I were you.
    She might be trying to con you if it's bad, or in the extreme, be planning to chop you up.

    (Yeah, I was probably exaggerating with the second one, but it certainly sounds shady, almost criminal with all the loose ends regarding government ID and State titles)
    I can agree with this post the most. She knows how I feel about lying and she knows that if her feelings ever changed or anything of the sort, I'd want to know ASAP so I can stop wasting my time and move on.

    I mean, She does mean a lot to me... BUT... There are plenty of people in the world and WILL do what I have to in order to make sure I'm being treated right as I'm treating her.

    ---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by winston_tiu View Post
    Well there is something odd in this situation, In your Point of View.

    I believe your GF is still afraid to fully commit to the relationship, and you being all clingy to the point of being like a stalker is not helping at all. Don't assume that she is lying until you have proof, the way to know the facts is to talk to her friends. And if she is lying about something, maybe it is because she is afraid that you would judge her for not being good enough, after-all we would not want to be thought of as a loser. You should make her feel more loved, and maybe by that time she will come out with her honesty. Don't break up with her just because of some little lie, make her feel that you are not after her material things, and that what is important is that you love her. Remember forgiveness is also very important in a relationship, it will make thing go smoother.

    Well if you are decided with the break up, there is no easy way to do a confrontation. The most easiest way is to ask her directly, face to face. It will do the least damage, no shame no feelings of betrayal. After that say that you feel that things are not gonna work out for us, then explain. Maybe after this kind of confrontation you can still end up as friends.
    This one....

    Can't say I really agree on 100%.

    In my opinion, It's not a matter of being clingy. These are all Basic Information that really shouldn't be a big deal sharing. Considering the fact she knows all that info about me.
    I don't think it has anything to do with how I treat her or show her that I love her for the reason why she lies. To me, That sounds like an excuse for someone to lie and tbh, There really never is a good excuse to lie within any relationship.

    Thanks for your opinion and thoughts, but I don't think your ideas will help my sort of situation.

    ---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by nayfeee View Post
    Keep one thing in mind - if you do confront her and she IS lying - that doesn't mean that you have to throw everything with her away....sometimes people make mistakes and she may have (what is to her) a valid reason for not being truthful. You may still go on to have a great relationship with her once the issues are cleared up.
    I can agree on that. If she is lying and depending on the reasons she provides of why she lied.. Will determine weather our relationship continues or ends.

    I mean, It's not like these issues arised all in one day... These are everything I've collected that hasn't made any sense since we've been together and even when we reconnected and started talking again. Unfortunately, not only do they not make sense... But I have a gut feeling and have had it for a while.. That she is lying to me.

    People always say: Go with your gut. I just hope that the one time I feel like this... My gut is wrong.

  10. #8
    utahclock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    361
    Thanked 376 Times in 197 Posts


    Downloads
    122
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Time Online
    15 d 16 h 59 m
    Avg. Time Online
    11 m
    Rep Power
    7
    have you ever tried to *67 your number and call both krista number and your GF number ?

  11. #9
    Meagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 111 Times in 70 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Time Online
    3 d 23 h 14 m
    Avg. Time Online
    3 m
    Rep Power
    6
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Aliyaz
    I'm a big procrastinator, when I moved from Florida back to West Virginia I kept my license in Florida for over a year. When I moved out of my parents house I kept my license still at their address for a few years. That to me isn't very uncommon, maybe she gets a discounted car insurance if she's still under her parents? Also, while searching for myself, in the past six years I've had two apartments leased in my name but it's not on White Pages or any other site. I wouldn't take those sites to be that reliable. The Krista thing is odd but possibly harmless, maybe she wants to see if you're "loyal" to her, test you to see if you flirt with her "friend".
    Last edited by Meagan; 05-20-2013 at 01:30 PM.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meagan For This Useful Post:

    Dom~ (05-20-2013),Skyloft (05-20-2013)

  13. #10
    Skyloft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Location
    New York
    Age
    25
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 29 Times in 22 Posts


    Downloads
    15
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Time Online
    9 d 8 h 41 m
    Avg. Time Online
    7 m
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by utahclock View Post
    have you ever tried to *67 your number and call both krista number and your GF number ?
    That's the other thing that makes me think Krista isn't a separate person. When they both text.. They do text off of separate numbers BUT... Krista's number is from one of them "Free texting" apps. So... I can't call her phone number and my girlfriend talks to her on the phone when she's "Out and about".

    That make sense to you? Tbh, it doesn't with me. Lol

    ---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Meagan View Post
    I'm a big procrastinator, when I moved from Florida back to West Virginia I kept my license in Florida for over a year. When I moved out of my parents house I kept my license still at their address for five years. That to me isn't very uncommon, maybe she gets a discounted car insurance if she's still under her parents? Also, while searching for myself, in the past six years I've had two apartments leased in my name but it's not on White Pages or any other site. I wouldn't take those sites to be that reliable. The Krista thing is odd but possibly harmless, maybe she wants to see if you're "loyal" to her, test you to see if you flirt with her "friend".

    Could be the case. Especially the Krista thing. But I've never flirted or anything with Krista and NEVER would. Just not that type of person.

    But what it all boils down to.. The lies. Tbh, it has nothing to do with it being basic information or even if I felt I have the right to know. This is not the case.

    When someone tells you information and it either doesn't make sense or something doesn't quite add-up.. It gives you the impression that that person is lying to you.

    Now, weather that be the case or not.. I'll have to find out.

    I'm hoping me and her can have a talk later on tonight. Bring all my cards to the table and see what she thinks and says about it.

    Then take it from there.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •