Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just need a thread to let it go.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by katzes View Post
    I will definitely be your tour guide if you ever come visit Quebec (but honestly, you shouldn't, it's quite boring).
    Awesome, 'cause I can't speak French. Now a small rant of mine:

1. Why does everyone think I know French? Why does everyone outside of Canada think all Canadians can speak French?
    This is called the country of Canada, not the country of Quebec.

"Hey *************, you're Canadian, right? Can you translate this for me?"

"Of course! Let me see here...it says 'Go fuck yourself!'"

2. Why does everything in Canada have to be dual printed in English and French? Outside of Quebec and Ottawa, nobody speaks French. Like fuck!
    When I'm in the cereal aisle looking for my cereal, sometimes the boxes are turned French side out, and if it weren't for the picture, I wouldn't know what the fuck I'm dropping $4.99 on! I could be buying Raisin Bran, when I really wanted my damn Frosted Flakes! Like here, right now this box of cereal next to me, it says:

LIKE WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT MEAN?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Cath (05-19-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,191 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Awesome, 'cause I can't speak French. Now a small rant of mine:

1. Why does everyone think I know French? Why does everyone outside of Canada think all Canadians can speak French?
    This is called the country of Canada, not the country of Quebec.

"Hey *************, you're Canadian, right? Can you translate this for me?"

"Of course! Let me see here...it says 'Go fuck yourself!'"

2. Why does everything in Canada have to be dual printed in English and French? Outside of Quebec and Ottawa, nobody speaks French. Like fuck!
    When I'm in the cereal aisle looking for my cereal, sometimes the boxes are turned French side out, and if it weren't for the picture, I wouldn't know what the fuck I'm dropping $4.99 on! I could be buying Raisin Bran, when I really wanted my damn Frosted Flakes! Like here, right now this box of cereal next to me, it says:

LIKE WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT MEAN?
    LOL oh god, I am SO laughing out loud right now !

I just wish I was born in another province. I don't like speaking French that much and it just make my English accent shitty. I hate it.

& omg. Is it that cereal box you are talking about? Because I also have it right next to me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I have been to California only once and I absolutely loved it!
    + Actually, where I live, there's that thing called ''CEGEP'' between High school and University. I can't attend an University somewhere else until I'm done with it, so I still have a few years before I can do it. (As I'm starting a nursery program)
    California really is great, I've only visited for a bit but it's just so big and diverse. I was in San Francisco for a while, the rolling hills throughout the city are amazing (and also great for exercising your legs while climbing uphill LOL...) and they even had a little Japantown with figure shops and bookstores. I'm not sure what CEGEP is but I suppose it's sort of like how we're not allowed to study abroad until we've at least completed our first year at the uni. Is it like freshmen orientation?

I'm actually very much like you in that after a slew of bad experiences with people in my youth I find it much harder to trust people nowadays. I used to be really, really gullible and kind, to the point of being a pushover, and it was so bad that I'd even end up doing things like art homework for kids who asked nicely, lol. Being used is the most crappy feeling in the world and it's definitely made me a lot more cynical about things. But since then, I've met a ton of amazing people - both in school and online. Don't ever feel like you'll be alone forever :3

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Also, french accented English is secksie ok

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daenery For This Useful Post:

Dom~ (05-19-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,191 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorn View Post
    California really is great, I've only visited for a bit but it's just so big and diverse. I was in San Francisco for a while, the rolling hills throughout the city are amazing (and also great for exercising your legs while climbing uphill LOL...) and they even had a little Japantown with figure shops and bookstores. I'm not sure what CEGEP is but I suppose it's sort of like how we're not allowed to study abroad until we've at least completed our first year at the uni. Is it like freshmen orientation?

I'm actually very much like you in that after a slew of bad experiences with people in my youth I find it much harder to trust people nowadays. I used to be really, really gullible and kind, to the point of being a pushover, and it was so bad that I'd even end up doing things like art homework for kids who asked nicely, lol. Being used is the most crappy feeling in the world and it's definitely made me a lot more cynical about things. But since then, I've met a ton of amazing people - both in school and online. Don't ever feel like you'll be alone forever :3
    I really loved San Francisco! Talking about it just make me feel like going right now ;o;

& Yes! CEGEP is a two years program where people decide between studying sciences, history or doing a technique, until they decide what they want to do later (In my opinion, it's a waste of time, since we end up doing almost the same courses as in High School, but whatever... Most things in Quebec are usually dumb).

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Also, french accented English is secksie ok
    I actually think it sounds retarded, I hate it LOL

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I really loved San Francisco! Talking about it just make me feel like going right now ;o;

& Yes! CEGEP is a two years program where people decide between studying sciences, history or doing a technique, until they decide what they want to do later (In my opinion, it's a waste of time, since we end up doing almost the same courses as in High School, but whatever... Most things in Quebec are usually dumb).

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

I actually think it sounds retarded, I hate it LOL
    I'm sorry ;w; LOL. I really miss it there too. Even though it was a big city, the air was so fresh and breezy. Sigh

I just looked it up, that's really interesting. We pretty much just go straight from High School into Uni here, but we do have a whole bunch of freshman programs for first years.

And pshhh. I wish I had a little something to give my plain standard American English some flavor. I had an online friend a while back from France who I used to skype and her accent was smokin'

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    & omg. Is it that cereal box you are talking about? Because I also have it right next to me.
    More or less, minus the "GEANT" stripe running down the left side.
    For such a thin box, it's one heavy piece of...

I was in San Francisco for a while, the rolling hills throughout the city are amazing (and also great for exercising your legs while climbing uphill LOL...)
    The Asian women running the international departures (incl. to Canada) X-ray machine scammed me. They took my food. Crap excuses just 'cause they wanted my food. It was perfectly fine food; they said it was diseased food. I'm still bitter about my lost food today.

end up doing things like art homework for kids who asked nicely, lol.
    I did it for money. It went well until I started not being a keener and lost business to my best friend.

made me a lot more cynical about things.
    True story, bitch baby.
    Last edited by Mod; 05-19-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,191 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    I'm sorry ;w; LOL. I really miss it there too. Even though it was a big city, the air was so fresh and breezy. Sigh

I just looked it up, that's really interesting. We pretty much just go straight from High School into Uni here, but we do have a whole bunch of freshman programs for first years.

And pshhh. I wish I had a little something to give my plain standard American English some flavor. I had an online friend a while back from France who I used to skype and her accent was smokin'
    I just hate the fact that, here in Quebec, nothing works the same way as EVERYWHERE else. We are retarded.

& If I can get my Skype to work, I'd love to Skype with you someday <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    nothing works the same way as EVERYWHERE else.
    Like cereal boxes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Cath (05-19-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    More or less, minues the "GEANT" stripe running down the left side.
    For such a thin box, it's one heavy piece of...

The Asian women running the international departures (incl. to Canada) X-ray machine scammed me. They took my food. Crap excuses just 'cause they wanted my food. It was perfectly fine food; they said it was diseased food. I'm still bitter about my lost food today.

I did it for money. It went well until I started not being a keener and lost business to my best friend.

True story, bitch baby.
    Are you poking fun at me for being Asian

I will hurt you

You used to do art homework for people?

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

I just hate the fact that, here in Quebec, nothing works the same way as EVERYWHERE else. We are retarded.

& If I can get my Skype to work, I'd love to Skype with you someday <3
    Aww, other places always end up feeling more interesting than where you're from haha. And that would be great <3 I haven't used Skype in forever, I need to redownload it too. I'm really shy about speaking sometimes though so if I end up boring you I'm sorry

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,191 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Aww, other places always end up feeling more interesting than where you're from haha. And that would be great <3 I haven't used Skype in forever, I need to redownload it too. I'm really shy about speaking sometimes though so if I end up boring you I'm sorry
    I'm usually pretty shy at first also, but it's mostly because I really hate speaking in English because I'm really bad when it comes up to pronounce words. /facepalm

But I guess you might just have a great time laughing at me. LOL