44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    This image is the hubble deep field:

Every bit of light you see is a galaxy , each galaxy can have 100-200 billion stars. Each star can have a number of planets. If you was to do the math to map the entire visible sky would result in a image 12.7 million times bigger than this image.

I think if we are going to assume either way , based on the math we must assume there is life elsewhere and probly intelligent life too.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkByte For This Useful Post:

RayChill (05-15-2013),Subtate (05-13-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    21h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I believe in the possibility of Aliens, but I haven't yet led myself to think I know they exist without further proof.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    The likelihood that there are other life forms like us, sitting on their version of an internet cheating forum debating alien life - is greater than the likelihood that no other intelligent life exists out there.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post:

Le_bonc (02-10-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by nayfeee View Post
    The likelihood that there are other life forms like us, sitting on their version of an internet cheating forum debating alien life - is greater than the likelihood that no other intelligent life exists out there.
    They're not called Neopets over there, they're called Paleopets.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Nath (05-15-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    225 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Saying that aliens don't exist is as good as taking a cup of water from the ocean and saying there are no whales.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goodieboy For This Useful Post:

GKBrendan (06-01-2014),ritzwin (05-15-2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    If you think rationally,

We evolved ( or where put here). What makes anyone so certain other life can't exist? They may not be "human" or even close to it, but they can be living. They've found other planets already that "could" sustain life.
    They've found a planet, that instead of oxygen and hydrogen, they've found liquid nitrogen. It is entirely possible for a species to evolve from there. They would be able to withstand such cold temperatures that we would perish even stepping foot on their planet, but THEY could evolve there.

Out of the entirety of space, which we only make up a very tiny dot, it can be completely possible for life to evolve.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 10h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    The universe as I know it is so big I cannot conceptualize it. If you ever watch one of them youtube videos or those animated flash movies showing how big it is- I lose the ability to conceptualize after galaxies.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/1
    Mentioned
    57 times
    Time Online
    10d 3h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by RayChill View Post
    If you think rationally,

We evolved ( or where put here). What makes anyone so certain other life can't exist? They may not be "human" or even close to it, but they can be living. They've found other planets already that "could" sustain life.
    They've found a planet, that instead of oxygen and hydrogen, they've found liquid nitrogen. It is entirely possible for a species to evolve from there. They would be able to withstand such cold temperatures that we would perish even stepping foot on their planet, but THEY could evolve there.

Out of the entirety of space, which we only make up a very tiny dot, it can be completely possible for life to evolve.
    Completely agree with you, i think that are a lot of different kind of intelligent life at the universe.

Do you want some avvies/trophies?
    Just PM me, i can AoB it for you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Honestly, I want to say "No, there are no aliens".
    However, the universe is a big place. A REALLY big one. Considering there's life on this planet means, that there's a chance that there's intelligent life on another planet in a far off galaxy.
    Whether they're far more advanced than us or not is up to speculation.

Either way, I doubt there exist aliens in Hollywood style, like "Destroy all Humans, conquer earth" and the like. I fail to see what a highly advanced civilisation could see in us. If they're so advanced, they probably have everything they need. Food, robots that do all the dirty work, etc. Unless they are bullies.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    32d 21h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I have to agree with the statements above. It's hard to sit there and say something doesn't exist when you can't produce evidence to support your words. I also agree that Hollywood's view on aliens is probably about as far from the truth as it gets. Does that mean we'd never see them, if they do in fact exist? No. I guess maybe because I like to be optimistic about things I know nothing about, I'd like to think if we were ever visited by such creatures, it would be a positive thing... not the end of the human race. xD