DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    112 times
    Time Online
    28d 20h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I have a theory that we are the aliens that inhabited Earth. And then we mixed our DNAs with like a Cockroach or something that just dumb down our intellect.

open for a surprise ~

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    11h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    With so many planets out there I couldn't imagine there being no aliens. Even if you say that the odds of life existing on a planet are 1 in a billion, there would still be billions of planets with life on them throughout the universe. We aren't special.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLena View Post
    I have a theory that we are the aliens that inhabited Earth. And then we mixed our DNAs with like a Cockroach or something that just dumb down our intellect.
    Scientist have said we would have likely spawned from a asteroid that hit earth that had life making elements on it which is a interesting theory on its own also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brookfang View Post
    With so many planets out there I couldn't imagine there being no aliens. Even if you say that the odds of life existing on a planet are 1 in a billion, there would still be billions of planets with life on them throughout the universe. We aren't special.
    I strongly agree, scientist have stated our milk way is actually small compared to other galaxies out there so if there is bigger galaxies with more planets it would seem impossible not to be more intelligent life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 1h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    In the Bible says JO 14-2: "In my Father�s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?"

So, take your own conclusions

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    19h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    There is so much room in the universe, so I doubt that we are alone...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    2d 1h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think there could be a different human species on another planet that have a parallel community to us. IDK i just sense there's more than just us in the world

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    There are many schools of thinking.

Personally, I'd like to believe that there is other life out there. I'm not inclined to think we're all that special, given the scope of the universe. But I am not sure which specific scenario we're looking at.

Consider the Fermi paradox, which basically boils down to if there are aliens, then why haven't we seen or heard anything?
    If the Earth is billions of years old, and all human civilization as we know it has only developed in the last few thousand years, it is quite plausible that planets even a few million years older would have life far further along than us.

Where are they? What are they doing?

This can be resolved in a few hypothetical situations.

1. We are actually alone. Life is so rare and coincidental that for some reason, we're it.
    1a. We are alone in how far we have developed as a species and civilization. There is other life out there but it is too primitive to consider or discover alien life.

2. There are more advanced alien lifeforms out there, they just do not know of us or choose to ignore us for now.
    2a. Like in Star Trek, advanced civilizations are not allowed to contact us until we develop beyond a certain level of technology (ex: faster than light travel).
    2b. We're like the backwaters of the galaxy and nobody in the universe cares about us. Just like we haven't explored most of our own oceans, the aliens haven't come out to this particular arm of the Milky Way.
    2c. There is one super species dominating life in the galaxy and once we advance too far they'll come wipe us out like they have other species.

3. Aliens HAVE made contact, we're just unaware of it.
    3a. Other lifeforms have visited Earth before, but maybe it was a million years ago or even 10,000 years ago and there would be no records of it.
    3b. They're sending signals out and maybe our various satellites are picking it up we just don't know how to distinguish it from white noise. What if they took a thousand years to say "hello"?

4. We're actually all living in a computer simulation of some sort. Because fuck, why not?

I'd love to find other life out there.
    But I'd also be scared of what's out there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to boomer For This Useful Post:

spike (06-17-2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    2d 4h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I 100% believe there is other sentient life out there.
    Do they look, act, walk, and talk like us? Probably not at all. But life in general? Surely there are planets within the billions of galaxies that house the same life-building elements that Earth does. It seems so certain.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    NO I don't, they are just in a stories LOL

Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    11d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    My mom actually had an interesting viewpoint on it. She's your typical southern conservative Christian, and normally that type of person doesn't believe in life elsewhere. Her view on it is that the Bible is specific to us, and who's to say that God doesn't have specific Bibles for other civilizations of life? He could have tons of reasons for not telling us about his other creations.

As for myself, I do believe in life elsewhere 100%. With the sheer size of the universe, I can't understand why someone wouldn't.