28/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    13d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I was once a fat kid myself.
    In the span of a year, with weight training and cardio, i managed to shed 24kg in 12 months.
    This, done in conjunction with proper dieting, works wonders.

How should you start dieting?
    You should first and foremost calculate your required daily caloric intake to maintain your current weight.
    This site should be of help:
    (you need an account to see links)

In order to lose 1 pound of weight per week, you should be consuming 500 calories below maintenance.
    For starters, id suggest accessing your current diet plan.

Note down the amount of calories you currently consume a day on average.
    This site provides a list of food items sorted out based on the number of calories and their respective macro-nutritional content etc
    :(you need an account to see links)

After doing that, cut down your intake by 300 calories to begin with. Any drastic form of dieting/ starvation will put your body into a state of shock so it's important not to do that. Furthermore, you'd be losing muscle mass when you starve yourself. The more muscles you have, the easier it would be to lose fat.

After a few weeks, cut your calories by a further 200-300 calories. Access your progress as you go along.
    Do keep in mind that you required daily caloric intake changes over time as your weight too begins to change.
    It's really important that you stick to the routine. Most diets fail due to a lack of discipline/ following through with the diet.
    Give it a few months. I guarantee you'll start shedding the pounds.

Feel free to hit me up if you have any further questions. Id be more than happy to help
    Good luck achieving your goal!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to monzter For This Useful Post:

Jager (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Here is a picture of a friend of mine I horse ride with in summer sometimes (before/after)

She had one of those baloons put inside her and a gastric bypass she lost the weight and has been doing great not to put it back on . I agree with the surgery if people are ready to make a big change in there habbits.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Losing weight is just calories in vs calories out. If you really want to lose weight, start drinking a glass of water with every meal, eat plenty of fibrous vegetables with each meal, as well as protein. Those 3 things in combination will keep you full and are low in calories; additionally, go for walks each day for around 30-40 mins. You can start doing some light body-weight exercises as well.