19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m

Weight lose operations?

I was wondering, what do you guys on the Sports/Fitness area think about them?

Well, I will say a little of myself, I weight around 160 pounds (80 Kg) being a female, 19 years old, 1,62 cm tall
    I have being chubby all my life, and fat/obesse this last 2 years. But I was skinny once, like, at 13 years old, since I went to a gym and make diets that my mother/pediatrician recommended me to do. I was even able to use bikinis without feeling ashame, but not anymore of course. I'm always on diets, gyms, and then failing, and gaining more weight. The weight I have now is the highest I've had.

My family got inheritance this year, some real nice amount of money. My mother will hace a cirugy herself, she asked if I want one as well.

I don't feel I'm /that/ fat to not being able to lose the exta weight with excercise, but I do know that I don't have will power. I'm lazy, I don't eat a lot of food, but the problem is that I'm lazy. I don't want the body of a model, I just want to be able to use M size.. not even S! I want to be "normal".

Sooo... yeah, that's it xD

Tips, thoughts? Thanks!

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    563d 23h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Two people I know in real life had surgery to lose weight. They were both over 250lbs themselves (females) and although it looks like the surgery worked and they are doing good, there are side effects. One of them is always talking about how her stomach hurts every time I see her.

If I was not happy with my weight, I would start running every day and have a better diet. Eat healthier and run. Even if you run a little bit at first, it will get easier for you and you will notice a change. You'll be happier this way - naturally.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

3. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Pusheen (05-10-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    59/0
    Mentioned
    115 times
    Time Online
    14d 9h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    We are the same age and I know of the struggle that you are going through. But I don't think that surgery is the best option for you right now. It'd be a temporary fix and what would happen if you don't exercise to keep the weight off? I wouldn't spend 5 thousand dollars (if that) just to get lipo or a tummy tuck if it'll come back without work. It would be a waste in my opinion.

I would recommend that you start with toning up and doing simple things that don't have you leaving your house (if that is what you want). You can do 50 sit ups (20 for starters), crunches, squats, lunges. I find listening to music helps pass the time and even pumps me up when all I want to do is stay in bed and forget about it.
    If you do want to go ahead with the surgery just know that there are risks. Good luck!
    I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy,
    the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.
    J A G E R

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jager For This Useful Post:

Pusheen (05-10-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I agree, I'm not sure if surgery right now is the best option. Are you looking to lose weight so you can be healthier? That's the best way to look at it, and there's more to being healthy than just reading a low number on the scale. It's not easy making lifestyle changes when you're accustomed to doing things a certain way - it's taken me a few years of encouragement and gentle nagging to convince my parents we should eat more vegetables and less red meat, heh - but I definitely agree with Joe and AcidicDream. I know you said you've tried the gym and all, but try and really stick to it. Plan to exercise at the same times every week, make it a routine, and eventually it'll feel as natural as eating breakfast.

Also, not eating a lot is alright, but it's actually okay to eat more as long as you're exercising and as long as the food you're eating is very nutritive. Lots of salad, fruits, fish, and other lean proteins is great, and there are lots of things you can add to make them taste awesome *u* It's also good to have small snacks in between meals as it keeps your metabolism going.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Daenery For This Useful Post:

Pusheen (05-10-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Thanks for the oppinions (: and I somehow do excercise, I go to the gym 3 times a week.. though sometimes I don't got since I'm lazy or with too much work for college xD And somehow, university makes me wanna eat more.. but anyway, that's another story LOL But I do eat healthy, since I have being almost all my life with diets I understand the foods that are good for me.. I just... end up failing always xD Since it's like: Okay, you got a nice grade on this, you deserve some chips. You got a bad grade on this, then you have to wipe away your sorrow with ice-cream!

And @(you need an account to see links) yeah, I want to lose weight to be healthy, and to have more options when buying clothes (:

If I went for the operation, it would be tummy tuck, something more radical I guess? I don't think that a lipo could help me much xD hehe

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    122/0
    Mentioned
    89 times
    Time Online
    15d 16h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I have metabolic issues , knee injury (which prevents me from walking far and running or jumping). and hypothyroidism due to medications that I take regulary so since HS ive blown up to be around 300lbs, its been suggested for me to seek weight loss surgery, but I know there are lots of side effects on it, however lapband is easily removed and reversed or what ever, I had an aunt that was nearly 400 lbs and she had weight loss surgery and she lost like 250 lbs in first year from it. I think she had one were they staple your stomach into a smaller one.

Im hopeful though once I can start getting the treatment for my knee which may include surgery or replacement, that I can ride A bike or go for long walks or whatever again, since injury ive been really limited in what I can do. I miss being able to ride a bike and do things like ice skating. but eh its life. after 2 yrs of struggling though things are finally starting to get better for me, SSDI was approved, ill be able to file for divorce from an abusive husband in a few months, ill be able to get a new life started, which includes moving back to the state of Utah were I have friends and away from this hell hole of a state that ive been trapped in for the last 2 yrs, Ill also be able to get medical treatments that I need which include dental work, and knee drs... once all that is done I can start on weight loss. however as a side note I used to be a daily soda drink 4-5 cans a day, ive cut that down to maybe 1 - 4 sodas a month, and lost 15 lbs by reducing my soda intake

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    12d 10h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Try this...

It's honestly WAY harder than I thought, but I like it.
    I get myself motivated by blasting music I like, try making a "work out" playlist that you know will get you in the mood to move around and start listening to those before your workout...

Diet is huge, but surprisingly I don't eat very healthy, I just monitor HOW MUCH I eat, not exactly WHAT I eat, although losing/keeping off weight would be easier with actually changing your diet.

Remember to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day... It boosts your metabolism, helps reduce water weight...

I also take a Women's Daily Multivitamin from GNC...

AND I take a CLA supplement.

Good luck!

(Also, for my last 2 cents... Liposuction isn't "permanent"... Fat cells can actually re-grow themselves and come back...)

@(you need an account to see links)

Edit: One of my best friend's Moms had weight loss surgery... the band they place around your stomach...

She has had nothing but issues ever since...

And a Pastor I know actually had to have emergency surgery because the band grew into his stomach...

I'd say go for diet/exercise first...
    Last edited by Jessica; 05-10-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I'll have to agree with Joe, he concisely explains my own opinion.

---

Don't waste your money on weight reduction surgery unless it's critical for your lifestyle and you've exhausted other options.
    It's damaging to your health, a drain on your wallet, and not a permanent fix.
    You're still young with the capacity to lose weight the natural, true way.
    Don't skimp out and have surgery like others, when they wish they could still exercise.

Don't patch up the symptoms of a problem, you have to brave the worst and target the root of the problem.
    Otherwise you'll just drag out the problem itself, and later in life, explode in much greater severity.

So say you get fixed by surgery, what then? Will you think differently about what you eat?
    You will still crave the same foods, still have that hunger and appetite, and keep eating.
    Except now your stomach won't be able to compensate and it'll result in great pain, complication of surgery, and likely relapse.

When relapse happens, you will have to perform a second surgery with greater risks, or simply be in worse shape than ever.

So target your diet and lifestyle. If you have real determination to slim down, do it the proven, hard way.
    If you get surgery, it means you didn't want it bad enough to begin with.

---

Having your stomach tied/stapled only reduces appetite by a small amount, while increasing discomfort a great amount.
    Hunger and the feeling of 'fullness' is not truly determined by food intake and stomach saturation;
    in actuality, it's a function of your thoughts, your brain, and your regulatory systems telling your brain whether it lacks nutrients or is good to go.

Your body doesn't detect a reduction in stomach size after an operation, it still works as if your stomach didn't decrease in capacity.
    But it will detect constriction and presence of a foreign object (eg. staple/band), the cause of many patients' post-operation pain.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    122/0
    Mentioned
    89 times
    Time Online
    15d 16h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    what mod said, like I stated it has been recommended to me for weight loss surgery, but im not gonna pursue it, I would rather spend money trying to get my left knee healthy again to where I can be active again, vs some surgery that will not benefit much.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Why would you even consider surgery if you didn't absolutely need it? If your will power is the problem, use the money to get a gym membership and a trainer or something.
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect